British minister says 'move on' from rage over PM adviser Cummings' road trip

snoop1130

12 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

This not a Brexit thread.... take your pointless, gutless and off-topic comments elsewhere.

The topic is Dominic Cummings - I’m doubtful but you’re aware of who created Brexit yes ? 

Mr. Cummings is undeniably an extremely needed asset from Mr. Johnson, and thus for the U.K..

Why not give him a special status, a  carte-blanche.

Pretty sure the majority in the U.k., which is supporting Mr. Johnson, would have no objection.

1 minute ago, luckyluke said:

Mr. Cummings is undeniably an extremely needed asset from Mr. Johnson, and thus for the U.K..

Pretty sure the majority in the U.k., which is supporting Mr. Johnson, would have no objection.

You have evidence the majority of the UK support Johnson over the issue of Cummings?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

A "carte-blanche"?

Special status,eh?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

You have evidence the majority of the UK support Johnson over the issue of Cummings?

No,

but he is the P.M. voted by a majority.

Pretty sure many, and certainly the hard Brexiters, would see no objection, it would be after all for the well being of the U.K..

Are the media still chirping about this? They're like a yappy dog with no teeth.

If there's one good thing to come out of this then it's Emily Maitlis being removed from Newsnight for her totally biased diatribe against Mr Cummings. If it's too biased for the BBC you know it's serious!!

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/may/27/bbc-switches-emily-maitlis-in-newsnight-episode-over-cummings-remarks

image.png.d802fca16f71c405f97336bbaf762381.png

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

A "carte-blanche"?

Special status,eh?

Well it would only be something official, apparently he is already have it,

unofficially,

and many don't see any problem with it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I'm truly intrigued as to why a certain clique on here have changed their allegience from The Guardian to the Dail Mail after years of telling us what a poorly informed gutter rag it is, maybe they have found something that they agree with in it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, chercheur888 said:

It has been a few years my last time in England. I would believe that ministers/special advisers,high ranking civil servants are entitled to have special medical treatments,assistance.

How come that the puppet master, Rasputin Cummings was unable to find a child carer in the whole of London?

Why has no reporter asked him that question at his display in the garden? Or at least I am not aware of this question.

I can not believe that Britannia did sink that low.

I believe there was a suspicion that the child had Covid19. So Cummings reasoned it would not be possible to find someone prepared to offer child care.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

I deliberately chose the Daily Mail BECAUSE it is held in such high esteem by Brexiteers.

If I had linked to the same story in the Guardian you would have attacked the source. 

Star turned as well but no t^ts oot now fer the lads...

18 hours ago, YetAnother said:

thinly veiled version of " leaders are above the law"

Not so thinly veiled, about as subtle as a sledgehammer. Think I will use that next time I break the law ... seriously judge about that red light I ran, it’s time to move on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Well it would only be something official, apparently he is already have it,

unofficially,

and many don't see any problem with it.

A "carte blanche" means in the original-a "blank cheque"-are you very sure that you would write a "blank cheque" for anyone?

I'm damn sure that I wouldn't.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bannork said:

No, it's a resigning offence.

But he hasn't commited an offence, only the vigilantes on here and especially the MSM say he has commited an offence, you have set up a kangaroo court and have found him guilty. In the UK I thought a man was presumed innocent untill proven guilty. Take your lynch mob and go back to your homes and let the proper authorities decide if he is guilty or not, if he is, other MPs that have commited the same offence need to go too, "you cannot have one rule for Cummings and another rule for everybody else, now that wouldn't be fair now would it.

Anyone that didn't know would think it is some kind of revenge attack for his successes in the past........surely not.

Edited by vogie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1