British minister says 'move on' from rage over PM adviser Cummings' road trip

snoop1130

14 minutes ago, vogie said:

If he has a case to answer I am sure it will be beneficial to the justice of our country to be tried before a proper judicial system and not by mainstream media or a kangaroo court.

I agree . 

However we have senior ministers desperate to appear and absolve him when they was not aware of the facts . They just followed No10 instructions.

Also we had NO 10 briefing on March 30 that Dominic Cummings was self isolating at Home.

We had a written statement from No 10 that his wife had suspected covid infection . When in fact Mary Wakefield had no symptoms of Covid.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

I agree . 

However we have senior ministers desperate to appear and absolve him when they was not aware of the facts . They just followed No10 instructions.

Also we had NO 10 briefing on March 30 that Dominic Cummings was self isolating at Home.

We had a written statement from No 10 that his wife had suspected covid infection . When in fact Mary Wakefield had no symptoms of Covid.

That's fine, all circumstances can be heard at the same time in a court of law, at the same time all MPs who have been accused of breaching the lockdown rules must be tried too. It is not up the MSM or anyone else for that matter to decide who will be lynched and who will not, I sure you'd have to agree that would be a very precarious road to follow, as history as already shown us.

Edited by vogie
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

What is a "tard"?

I believe it is a word that elderly men who wear wraparound Oakley sunglasses and back-to-front baseball caps say to the bar girls to fool them into thinking they are really handsome and in their early 30s.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

And this is the reason he should resign or be fired.

Dominic has no respect for the truth , integrity or respect for the public.

He went on national TV to clear the air, set oùt his explanation of the events that occurred during the trip to Durham.

There was no reason for Dominic to mention his blog writing , yet he chose to introduce it. What is more inexplicable is that it was a blatant lie.

He his treating everybody with contempt.

Turns out lying badly was on the job description that Boris wrote - are we absolutely sure Dom only has the one kid ?

45 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Were you equally as outraged at the biased reporting of Kuenssberg? She has truly crossed the line and stopped being an objective reporter and taken up the role of chief propaganda minister. 

As have Peston; Morgan; Bolton; Burley; Wigby; Bradbury...

TBH I cannot think of any MSM political journo (Brillo possibly?) who hasn't blatantly declared their own hand hoping to take their audience with them.

Edit: Kuenssberg's hatred for DC was so obvious during her rant in the rose garden that I half expected her to smack his legs.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Johnson handed over 120k of taxpayers' money to a woman so he could sleep with her as his wife battled cancer, yet he has been cleared of any wrongdoing. He spirited away 10s of millions of taxpayers' money on a bridge that never left the drawing board - and not a word said. He is covering up the report into Russian collusion in government and much more - are you still so naive as to believe that there is a proper judicial system in England?

I doubt if the antics of the Gurning Bullfrog have slipped your mind just yet but lets not head too far in that direction eh?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Enoon said:

19 Conservative MPs seeking his dismissal on Sunday.

40 after his defence of himself on Monday.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/dominic-cummings-boris-johnson-tory-mps-backlash-rebellion-a9531111.html

Who dares to put any question marks behind the REAL PM of the UK... Boris is only the clown to carry the flag.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Johnson handed over 120k of taxpayers' money to a woman so he could sleep with her as his wife battled cancer, yet he has been cleared of any wrongdoing. He spirited away 10s of millions of taxpayers' money on a bridge that never left the drawing board - and not a word said. He is covering up the report into Russian collusion in government and much more - are you still so naive as to believe that there is a proper judicial system in England?

The British voted overwhelmingly for this person.

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

I doubt if the antics of the Gurning Bullfrog have slipped your mind just yet but lets not head too far in that direction eh?

I honestly have no idea to whom you are referring, however I suspect that you would agree with me that, no matter who is the gurning bulfrog or what he or she may or may not have done, no amount of wrongs make a right.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

This not a Brexit thread.... take your pointless, gutless and off-topic comments elsewhere.

Tell that to the Brexiteers who repeatedly say this is all drummed up by Remainers!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, luckyluke said:

No,

but he is the P.M. voted by a majority.

Pretty sure many, and certainly the hard Brexiters, would see no objection, it would be after all for the well being of the U.K..

Actually, 43% of voters voted Conservative at the last election; so not a majority.

Not a great believer in polls, but as YouGov has been used in the past by supporters of Johnson in efforts to show he is still popular I thought I'd post the following.

This YouGov poll the day after Cummings statement shows that 71% of respondents think Cummings did break the lockdown rules.

This one on the same day shows that 59% think Cummings should resign.

• Like 2