Trump threatens to shutter social media companies after Twitter warning

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

It is censorship and it certainly is suppression, and prohibition too. Do you or Twitter think Trump will continue tweeting if every tweet carries such a warning?

That is still his prerogative. If fully censored he wouldn’t have that choice. What aren't you understanding?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

If every tweet carries such a warning his tweets deserve that warning.

Yes, show me some "fact-checking" to Tweets from his political opponents to prove Twitter is being even-handed. You'll probably reply that his political opponents don't need fact-checking. Do you think Washington Post, New York Times and CNN will be called upon to fact-check Democratic Tweeters?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

That is still his prerogative. If fully censored he wouldn’t have that choice. What aren't you understanding?

I was thinking the same - what aren't you understanding? I don't think you want to understand, but either way, this fact-checking of Trump's tweets was an interesting experiment that won't last long, and the shareholders probably agree. 

215424154_mediastocks.jpg.b2b7434f585dcadc5d6c133557851a56.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, johnnybangkok said:

What is there to “understand “? You are insisting he is being censored, I’m saying he isn’t. I’m correct, you’re wrong. 
And believe it or not, integrity is greater than money for many. Something that Trump fans don’t ever seem to understand. 

He is being censored. Censorship has many forms, but you're stuck on one.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

There's no difference to censorship - because it is censorship. Have a look at the people responsible for the fact-checking.

But don't worry - it's over. It won't happen again.

please define censorship.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

no, we are not.  you are claiming something to be censorship when it is not, thus my question as to whether you can define "censorship."

We can play these games all night. Please define "semantics". Dictionary definitions are not the final word.

You and Johnny can keep liking each others posts all night. I'm outta here - good night!

Edited by JensenZ
  • Sad 2

49 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

That was CNN reporters reporting on CNN and nothing to do with tweets being fact-checked.

Do you have an example of a tweet being fact-checked? A tweet by one of Trump's political opponents.

It's a new method they tried for coronavirus tweets, and extend for the first time to political messages. So no wonder there isn't any other case, whatever the political affiliation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JensenZ said:

There's no difference to censorship - because it is censorship. Have a look at the people responsible for the fact-checking.

But don't worry - it's over. It won't happen again.

Do you know what the word censorship means? Evidently not by what you are posting.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The warning wouldn’t be there if he was telling the truth.

This has nothing to do with whether  The POTUS  lied or told the truth!

"This does not make us an “arbiter of truth.” Our intention is to connect the dots of conflicting statements and show the information in dispute so people can judge for themselves. More transparency from us is critical so folks can clearly see the why behind our actions," Dorsey wrote.

Dorsey is saying twitter isn't there to settle or judge a dispute on the truth! So he is leaving it for people to judge themselves! So  for me judging ,I want to know who the factcheckers are ! I want to know what political bias they have! Lastly why did they decide now with all the other broader conflicting statements going on in world news!

Conflicting statements works both ways

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Twitter owner suggest to judge for yourselves!

https://www.eip-ca.com/eip-news2020.htm

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article242606111.html

https://youtu.be/nL6ixYa1hUY

"This does not make us an “arbiter of truth.” Our intention is to connect the dots of conflicting statements and show the information in dispute so people can judge for themselves. More transparency from us is critical so folks can clearly see the why behind our actions," Dorsey wrote.

Dorsey in a reply to the POTUS.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

fact-checking is not censorship, as it neither prohibits nor suppresses speech. 

Please don’t put words in my mouth which I haven’t said. 
I have not said that Twitter censored him. 
However I have said that I hope he stops social media from censoring, with the example of Google / Youtube censoring words the CCP does not like.
Do you think it is ok that they do that?

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/26/21270290/youtube-deleting-comments-censorship-chinese-communist-party-ccp

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

However I have said that I hope he stops social media from censoring, with the example of Google / Youtube censoring words the CCP does not like.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/26/21270290/youtube-deleting-comments-censorship-chinese-communist-party-ccp

then i don't understand why you brought up the first amendment, as it is not applicable.  they can factcheck/censor/suppress all they want.  it's their house.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

It's quite interesting as all Google services are banned in China. Is Google changing it's previous position and trying to get approved to operate in mainland China?