Trump threatens to shutter social media companies after Twitter warning

snoop1130

38 minutes ago, riclag said:

I wrote my take on what Dorsy (twitter) said! 

He's not saying Mr. Trump lied

He's saying use your own judgement!

I left 3 good links in my post, I prefer this one as opposed to  the totally bias CNN. I understand Mr. Trumps concerns on Mass Mail In ballots.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article242606111.html

Yes, use your own judgement, hence the warning that the post was factual incorrect. Of course you understand Trump's concerns (he doesn't deserve the 'mr' IMO), is seems plausible that many people voting hurts his re-election chances.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

then i don't understand why you brought up the first amendment, as it is not applicable.  

Just go back to see to what I responded to, when I brought it up, the post from johnnybangkok:

So by your logic Al Qaeda, the PLO, Boko Haram, all other terrorist organisations, pedophiles, necrophiliacs, bestialty and all other offensive content should be allowed or is censorship not right just when it suits you and your views?

Replying to that question about censoring and illegal content I replied with mentioning the first amendment covering free speech and laws covering illegal activities.

In extension to that, dominant monopolies such as Twitter, FakeBook and Google/Youtube should in my humble opionion not be allowed to censor. They are not operating in a private niche anymore.

And before you start again that they would not be censoring but fact checking, please note that I simply hope that out of this discussion comes something which stops them censoring. Or do you really think censoring is good? I don‘t.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Enough of the straw man argument. We are not debating whether censorship is/isn't good (we all obviously know it isn't),

I for one do not fully agree with you,without censorship there would be no Thai visa either.

I life we all need some kind of censorship,it is the mods.over here.

You would not like it if i started to call you all kind of names or accuse you of whatever i can think off.

I am not saying i have any reason to do so but just as an example.

7 minutes ago, jvs said:

I for one do not fully agree with you,without censorship there would be no Thai visa either.

I life we all need some kind of censorship,it is the mods.over here.

You would not like it if i started to call you all kind of names or accuse you of whatever i can think off.

I am not saying i have any reason to do so but just as an example.

Ok. In general it isn't good. But TVF is a good example of this debate. TVF will remove your post if it links to an exteranal falsehood/conspiracy etc.

If it's good for TVF, it should be ok for Twitter.

• Like 1

Well, regardless of what you think of Trump, I personally don't mind seeing these vexatious social media monsters being reeled in somewhat. They are little more than a catalyst for all the worst traits within us such as vanity, self-delusion, faux self-righteousness, vindictiveness, shameless grandstanding et al whilst giving every <deleted> moron a platform to spread bile that hardly deserves one. They are the work of the Beast.

Edited by Brigand
Typos
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Brigand said:

Well, regardless of what you think of Trump, I personally don't mind seeing these vexatious social media monsters being reeled in somewhat. They are little more than a catalyst for all the worst traits within us such as vanity, self-delusion, faux self-righteousness, vindictiveness, shameless grandstanding et al whilst giving every <deleted> moron a platform to spread bile that hardly deserves one. They are the work of the Beast.

ROFL, good analysis of Trump.

• Like 1

And now to top it off. Trumps tweet inciting violence has been removed by twitter. The twit should just give up, he really is a dotard.

Rocketman would be proud of his attempts.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/donald-trump-weighs-in-on-george-floyd-minneapolis-protests-and-riots-us-news/b36c4acd-f742-44a8-952e-fccd56d45882

Edited by Sujo
  • Like 1

the buffoon doesn't know when to stop digging.

Trump promoted video: 'The only good Democrat is a dead Democrat'

A Cowboys for Trump leader was filmed saying, "The only good Democrat is a dead Democrat." The president thought it'd be a good idea to promote the clip.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-promoted-video-only-good-democrat-dead-democrat-n1216746

• Haha 1

I dont know anything about US laws, and im sure Trump isnt serious about this,

But if he is merely salty about being called out on lies, and uses presidential powers to go after entities like Twitter,

then surely it not some form of abuse of power and/or abuse of the office ???

• Like 1

Just now, pookondee said:

I dont know anything about US laws, and im sure Trump isnt serious about this,

But if he is merely salty about being called out on lies, and uses presidential powers to go after entities like Twitter,

then surely it not some form of abuse of power and/or abuse of the office ???

Yes. 

• Like 1

When the US wakes up and votes President Trump out of office my only hope is that Congress passes a law outlawing social media sites for the conduct of government business

The country should be ruled by laws passed and implemented by elected bodies, not based upon the number of likes on a social media site 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1