Trump threatens to shutter social media companies after Twitter warning

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

Not necessarily. The Toronto Star is a Leftist paper in a largely Leftist city. That is OK. It is natural that they would distort things to please their readers. Doesn't bother me a bit.

So what did they distort regarding Trump's lies?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

So what did they distort regarding Trump's lies?

Not going to open the link again but the first I remember was the "nasty woman" comment. The Star acknowledges that he didn't actually call her a nasty women, as reported by many in the media, but they included it anyway in their list.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

More people voted against him as for. Yes he won but can you call it a democracy when more people vote for someone  and you still lose. I think Trump voters are not really bright but then again maybe some of them voted for him only because they hated the other side more. But its one of the least intelligent presidents ever (and that says a lot if you include Bush Jr). 

So you're saying on a public forum that 46.09% of the American voting public, or 62.8 million Americans are "not really bright"... because that's exactly what you just said.

At least we know you think you're more intelligent than at least 62.8 million Americans LOL. Could you take a guess at what percentage of Democrat voters are bright according to the same criteria?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, The Barmbeker said:

You know, what billions of flies are eating, right?

Dosen't make it a good foodsource, though!

He is a pathological liar and a lot of other things nasty!

Get over it!

We are actually discussing a "fact check" on Trump's tweet.

It was not a "fact check", but an opinion and politically motivated.

Fact-checkers say there is no evidence that mail-in ballots are linked to voter fraud. This is a lie as there is evidence to back up the President's claim. It's a lie and political censorship.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, tropo said:

So you're saying on a public forum that 46.09% of the American voting public, or 62.8 million Americans are "not really bright"... because that's exactly what you just said.

At least we know you think you're more intelligent than at least 62.8 million Americans LOL. Could you take a guess at what percentage of Democrat voters are bright according to the same criteria?

No, that's not what he said, you're omitting the 'hated the other side more'part. But still, you're proving his point.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

No, that's not what he said, you're omitting the 'hated the other side more'part. But still, you're proving his point.

He said, quote: "I think Trump voters are not really bright". Nothing that was said after that changes the meaning of this statement.

As for your last sentence, "but still, you're proving his point". Would you care to elaborate? Bear in mind I am not an American voter, which, if you'd be paying attention. you would have known.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, tropo said:

He said, quote: "I think Trump voters are not really bright". Nothing that was said after that changes the meaning of this statement.

As for your last sentence, "but still, you're proving his point". Would you care to elaborate? Bear in mind I am not an American voter, which, if you'd be paying attention. you would have known.

His next sentence did change the meaning of his first sentence. But also see his reply, where he confirms your interpretation is correct.

14 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Liars often get angry when their lies are called out.

That's why Twitter is angry.

Edit: stevenl, I see you're confused by that.  What it means is that the information that Twitter used as justification for it's initial info warning was lies.

Edited by Bob A Kneale
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Yes that is exactly what I said, voting for a habitual liar is not a smart thing to do. Unless you disagree that voting for a habitual liar is a stupid thing to do. 

I know for a fact I am more intelligent then at least half the Americans. Given the fact that my IQ has been tested between 124 and 135 (8 different tests). Given that the average IQ is around a 100 so its a safe bet.

This however does not mean I am brighter then each and every Trump voter. You know how averages work. 

Point was more how could anyone vote for someone like Trump who lies constantly. I gave one reason for smart people to vote Trump and that was that if they thought it was better to have an mental midget of a president who lies as a habit then a democrat. 

It just blows my mind that people can still defend the liar. 

I don't think you're putting your touted IQ to good use.  

Americans, come election time, usually have the choice of two candidates. Most, if not all politicians lie. Either way, they will likely end up with someone that lies no matter who they vote for. Taking your suggestions into consideration, not voting at all would be the best option, lest one gets labelled as unintelligent by smart people like you with very high IQs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

His next sentence did change the meaning of his first sentence. But also see his reply, where he confirms your interpretation is correct.

No it did not change his opinion on Trump voters. There's no need for you to bat for Robblok as he has a high IQ and can easily defend himself.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, tropo said:

All Trump needs from his followers is to be constantly praised ( "Thank You Mr President", etc..)  , this is an insult to their intelligence - 

• Haha 1

Just now, tropo said:

No it did not change his opinion on Trump voters. There's no need for you to bat for Robblok as he has a high IQ and can easily defend himself.

I am not batting for anyone, only correcting your post. 

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Opl said:

All Trump needs from his followers is to be constantly praised ( "Thank You Mr President", etc..)  , this is an insult to their intelligence - 

All presidents enjoy praise. It's an ego driven job. Even after their terms are over, they are concerned about their legacies. 

7 minutes ago, tropo said:

We are actually discussing a "fact check" on Trump's tweet.

It was not a "fact check", but an opinion and politically motivated.

Fact-checkers say there is no evidence that mail-in ballots are linked to voter fraud. This is a lie as there is evidence to back up the President's claim. It's a lie and political censorship.

I was wondering...if Trump is not happy with Twitter....in the competitive market place that is social media platforms, why doesn't Trump just delete his Twitter account because he is obviously dissatisfied with them now and take his business and millions of followers elsewhere? Then POTUS would not have to suffer the slings and arrows of this indignity inflicted upon him by Twitter and their deranged leftist agenda of thinking for yourself. I mean how dare somebody choose to put ALTERNATE FACTS up for the world to see....I mean if the truth is out there, surely people can look at the fact check links and think for themselves....but at the end of the day, If The Donald is not happy, he should go to another social media provider for his information distribution needs. I am sure many many platforms would love to be the Official Media Presence of Donald Trump. Then he can tell them what to do, how to do it and when it needs to be done. Surely the fake news leftists deranged outlet of Twitter will whither and die on the vine (no pun intended), all tweets will forever and always be classified as fake news and Big Orange will have slayed yet another Enemy Of The People. Then he can get to work on eradicating the real enemy...Toronto and their newspaper.

"When you buy a TV, you don't buy Sony if you want RCA." - The Transvestite Hooker in Risky Business

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, robblok said:

I know for a fact I am more intelligent then at least half the Americans. Given the fact that my IQ has been tested between 124 and 135 (8 different tests). Given that the average IQ is around a 100 so its a safe bet.

It's a little known policy of MENSA to send it's best and brightest to post on TVF for at least 8 hours a day. Don't tell anyone.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, tropo said:

I don't think you're putting your touted IQ to good use.  

Americans, come election time, usually have the choice of two candidates. Most, if not all politicians lie. Either way, they will likely end up with someone that lies no matter who they vote for. Taking your suggestions into consideration, not voting at all would be the best option, lest one gets labelled as unintelligent by smart people like you with very high IQs.

Politicians might lie but I never seen a president that lied as much as Trump and does as many U turns as Trump. Constantly lying shifting the blame even burning allies to keep himself safe. 

Trump really is the worst, I normally don't really care about American presidents one way or the other but the things this one says and does is so extreme and stupid that i formed an opinion about it.

Yes your right part of the problem is a two party system. I already said that could be a possible reason for voting for him even when they realize he is a liar and a cheat. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Tie Dye Samurai said:

I was wondering...if Trump is not happy with Twitter....in the competitive market place that is social media platforms, why doesn't Trump just delete his Twitter account because he is obviously dissatisfied with them now and take his business and millions of followers elsewhere? Then POTUS would not have to suffer the slings and arrows of this indignity inflicted upon him by Twitter and their deranged leftist agenda of thinking for yourself. I mean how dare somebody choose to put ALTERNATE FACTS up for the world to see....I mean if the truth is out there, surely people can look at the fact check links and think for themselves....but at the end of the day, If The Donald is not happy, he should go to another social media provider for his information distribution needs. I am sure many many platforms would love to be the Official Media Presence of Donald Trump. Then he can tell them what to do, how to do it and when it needs to be done. Surely the fake news leftists deranged outlet of Twitter will whither and die on the vine (no pun intended), all tweets will forever and always be classified as fake news and Big Orange will have slayed yet another Enemy Of The People. Then he can get to work on eradicating the real enemy...Toronto and their newspaper.

"When you buy a TV, you don't buy Sony if you want RCA." - The Transvestite Hooker in Risky Business

Or stay with Twitter and have them discontinue adding politically biased fact-checks that are lies. That's the easiest way forward.

The person in charge of this so called "fact-checking", called "head of site integrity" is Joel Roths, an anti-Trump, political activist.

Let's explore some of his best work:

Roth also once referred to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell as "bag of farts" and donated to Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign in 2016.

On January 22, 2017 Roth tweeted: "The 'you are not the right kind of feminist' backlash to yesterday’s marches has begun. Did we learn nothing from this election?"

That same day, Roth also wrote to Twitter: "Yes, that person in the pink hat is clearly a bigger threat to your brand of feminism than ACTUAL NAZIS IN THE WHITE HOUSE."

Roth's anti-Trump posts resurfaced Wednesday and prompted many to question the Twitter employee's personal integrity.

In July 2017, Roth tweeted: "How does a personality-free bag of farts like Mitch McConnell actually win elections?"

A year before that he wrote: "I'm just saying, we fly over those states that voted for a racist tangerine for a reason."

In September 2016, Roth admitted he donated $100 "to Hillary for America" - adding in his tweet: "We can't f*** around anymore."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Logosone said:

It's a little known policy of MENSA to send it's best and brightest to post on TVF for at least 8 hours a day. Don't tell anyone.

Yes i heard as much its too balance out the tinfoil hat people like you. 

Too bad I dont qualify for MENSA.. not high enough. ???? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Politicians might lie but I never seen a president that lied as much as Trump and does as many U turns as Trump. Constantly lying shifting the blame even burning allies to keep himself safe. 

Trump really is the worst, I normally don't really care about American presidents one way or the other but the things this one says and does is so extreme and stupid that i formed an opinion about it.

Yes your right part of the problem is a two party system. I already said that could be a possible reason for voting for him even when they realize he is a liar and a cheat. 

I'm just having trouble with your first comment: "politician might lie".

The goal of any politician is to be popular and to win elections. I don't think they "might lie". I think it is a certainly.

Most countries struggle with a 2 party system. We have the same problems in Australia. We don't have much of a choice on election day.

• Like 2

Oh, the utter irony in this. Twitter was likely largely responsible for getting this incompetent man elected. And now, they put a warning on a tweet that is totally fake news, for the first time ever, and the unhinged man loses his small mind. Twitter should start doing this will ALL of his posts, since he rarely tweets anything that is "fact based". This man has the most peculiar relationship with truth, I have ever witnessed. Remember, "truth is not truth". Wonder how this is going to play out. He cannot afford to alienate Twitter. And Twitter likely needs him, with his 80 million "devotee followers". Yet, Twitter holds the upper hand, for sure. Trump is not much of a poker player. He is far too emotional, and far too fragile, with his ultra thin skin, and incredibly delicate ego. Will be fascinated to see how far either side is willing to push this. The fact checks are a very good idea, and people deserve that. 

In terms of "shutting down social media", he would have better luck installing a new Politburo in China, or replacing Kim! It is fascinating to watch a pathological man, who is spectacularly unstable, and does not have any filter, nor a diplomatic bone in his body, rant on and on. 

Why have his approval ratings continued to nosedive? Usually, when a leader is taking the right course of action during a crisis, the approval ratings tend to soar. In this case?

To that end, it is important for any dominant leader to demonstrate empathy, humility and, most importantly, that his or her actions have been governed by the need of the hour—to help others rather than to promote his or her own cause. Our findings show that people are willing to pardon the negative actions of even a dominant leader if she or he comes across as caring and empathetic—demonstrated attributes of a prestige-based leader. Modi and Xi, despite harboring classic authoritarian leader traits, have done exactly that.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-trumps-popularity-surge-faded-so-quickly/

Approval ratings for the federal government have slipped as the pandemic has stretched on, from 40% approval one month ago to 31% now. State governments continue to get higher marks from the public, though support there is slipping as well. About half of Americans — 51% — say they approve of the job being done by their states, down from 63% in April.

Trump’s troubles do not end here. Continuing a trend first evident in the 2018 midterm elections, he is losing ground among white working-class women, who supported him by a 27-point margin in 2016. Because opinion among college-educated voters has hardened against the president since he took office, he needs strong majority support among the entire white working class to prevail.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2020/05/08/new-polling-data-show-trump-faltering-in-key-swing-states-heres-why/

• Like 1