Trump threatens to shutter social media companies after Twitter warning

snoop1130

8 hours ago, Steve Vincent said:

Why is this man still in charge ? Complete Neanderthal ! Sacks his back room staff if they don’t agree with his policy’s ~ makes false allegations about immigrants “. Let’s not forget about his missus past life Oh & Harvey Weinstein’s sex buddy ! just another Walter Mitty with a bad hair cut if you ask me 

Walter mitty fantasized, daydreamed. Alas our donald is living it large.

I wish he could be as hapless as walter mitty.

Or do you not actually understand your own reference?

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, DoctorG said:

I agree that Trump should get off Twitter - and move to Minds. I am sure Twitter will not miss 8m followers.

Joe Rogan (the biggest podcaster) is leaving YT because they will not allow him to have on medical experts that do not follow the party line on COVID.

To think I thought it was that 100 million from Spotify!

The Internet Giants were given a legal-exemption to liability protections in exchange for NOT acting as "editors and publishers" - only "platforms."  They are not following the law, and should lose that protection.  Only promotion or commission of explicitly-illegal acts can be removed. 

THAT is what this is all about.  Trump is YEARS Late.  There should have been an order through the FCC to take this to court in 2017, when the mass-political-purges of YT, FB, Twitter accounts began.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tie Dye Samurai said:

And again....yes he is afraid of fact checking to the point he is threatening social media outlets...it is gonna suck for him to not be able to lie and twitter is where he does his best presentation of alternate facts....and the only way to discredit facts is to go after the fact checker....

The fact checkers are often politically-biased liars.  See Twitter's own "head of site integrity" at the top of that list.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8361349/Head-Twitters-fact-checking-history-anti-Trump-tweets.html

or the whistle blowers...or the IGs...basically anybody that does not parrot...or in this case tweet....The MAGA Doctrine (Or The Donald's ever revolving spin of it based on what day it is and who he is mad at or has caught him in a lie). 

Trump doesn't believe in MAGA.  Apparently, he never did.  Nothing "MAGA" has happened during his administration.  I won't side-track here by listing all the broken promises but, in any case, no fan of Trump, here. 

But this issue really isn't about Trump at its core - it's about the primary sources of information people use today being policially censored - banning comments or sources "they" (owners of those companies) don't "approve of."  That's bad for Everyone - not just the GOP.  It is EVIL - Orwell's memory hole actively purging recorded-history as it happens.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

The Internet Giants were given a legal-exemption to liability protections in exchange for NOT acting as "editors and publishers" - only "platforms."  They are not following the law, and should lose that protection.  Only promotion or commission of explicitly-illegal acts can be removed. 

THAT is what this is all about.  Trump is YEARS Late.  There should have been an order through the FCC to take this to court in 2017, when the mass-political-purges of YT, FB, Twitter accounts began.

I have read something very similar. The analysis is that since Twitter is now acting as a content generator, they lose their protection. This appears to be a huge error on their part, especially knowing a company like Twitter no doubt has a legion of attorneys to keep them out of trouble.  It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I think the hydroxychloroquine is taking a serious toll.

The man has gone from being simply a vacuous loon to becoming a manic autocrat.

The man has gone from being simply a vacuous loon to becoming a dangerous manic autocrat.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

I have read something very similar. The analysis is that since Twitter is now acting as a content generator, they lose their protection. This appears to be a huge error on their part, especially knowing a company like Twitter no doubt has a legion of attorneys to keep them out of trouble.  It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

You may want to tell the secretary of state who said the govt will not do such a thing.

https://news.yahoo.com/only-took-two-hours-trumps-201309129.html

• Like 1

Actually, if he does stop the censoring and enforces free speech, that would be really good. 

Currently everybody thinks they are entitled to censoring, but who decides what is the truth?

Mr Suckerman and friends are not really qualified for that, and also not a ministry of truth, be it a private company or a government institution.

Instead of censoring, come out with facts and convincing arguments, and the people will follow.

But if you censor, people will get suspicious and ask what you are trying to hide.

So please go ahead, and enforce free speech, ban censoring!!!

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

<snip>

Instead of censoring, come out with facts and convincing arguments, and the people will follow.

<snip>

After years of lies, alternative facts and more lies, this statement had been well and truly proven incorrect.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tie Dye Samurai said:

And again....yes he is afraid of fact checking to the point he is threatening social media outlets...it is gonna suck for him to not be able to lie and twitter is where he does his best presentation of alternate facts....and the only way to discredit facts is to go after the fact checker....or the whistle blowers...or the IGs...basically anybody that does not parrot...or in this case tweet....The MAGA Doctrine (Or The Donald's ever revolving spin of it based on what day it is and who he is mad at or has caught him in a lie). 

That is why you think it is already over....because you hope it is...it is all going to magically go away....does that sound familiar. And finally...to say Twitter needs Donald Trump.....LOL...do you know how many people around the world are on twitter and could give a rats ass if Trump is on there or not.

There is not "blah, blah, blah... that is why you think it is already over". I think it is over because Twitter will cave under pressure.

Let's see if his next Tweets are fact checked or not after an executive order tomorrow. If fact checking continues, you're welcome to come back here and rub my nose in it with your LOLs, but I don't think you will.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

He has not been censored. His 'facts' have been flagged as 'unsubstantiated'. He is still free to post whatever nonsense he usually does, but now Twitter is saying the equivalent of 'we don't think this is true and this is why'.

Big difference to censorship.

There's no difference to censorship - because it is censorship. Have a look at the people responsible for the fact-checking.

But don't worry - it's over. It won't happen again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

He has not been censored. His 'facts' have been flagged as 'unsubstantiated'. He is still free to post whatever nonsense he usually does, but now Twitter is saying the equivalent of 'we don't think this is true and this is why'.

Big difference to censorship.

Yes, but many others get censored. Google is even censoring critical views of the CCP. If his experience of getting flagged gets him to stop that censoring, that would be so great!

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Walker88 said:
14 hours ago, Walker88 said:

You can still access the video tape of that disinfectant comment. Go look at it in its entirety and then think about your comment as to it being 'sarcasm'.

Believe it or not old boy have got better things to do with my time,some of us do have lives and personal opinions.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

There is not "blah, blah, blah... that is why you think it is already over". I think it is over because Twitter will cave under pressure.

Let's see if his next Tweets are fact checked or not after an executive order tomorrow. If fact checking continues, you're welcome to come back here and rub my nose in it with your LOLs, but I don't think you will.

And if there is no executive order im sure you will be on here saying he is a liar.

• Like 1

The big 3 fact-checkers of the political universe are waiting to see what this executive order is all about, as are Twitter's shareholders. They get 1st place, all in a row, on Google Search.

567401876_Factcheckers.jpg.c92d2ebb3c386cf0b360cc406c914cb7.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Censorship is defined as suppression or prohibition. Neither has happened to Trump.

It is censorship and it certainly is suppression, and prohibition too. Do you or Twitter think Trump will continue tweeting if every tweet carries such a warning?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1