BANGKOK
Thaivisa Web Content Team

Eerie moment Beijing sky turns pitch black in the middle of the day

The strange sight was recorded on the same day two annual conferences of the communist party started, leading some conspiracy theorists to bizarrely claim the footage was a sign from the heavens.

Creepy footage has shown darkness descending on China’s capital, Beijing – even though it was the early afternoon.

The video, taken at 3.45pm on May 21, shows the city landscape pitch black.

BBC camera journalist Edward Lawrence says: “It’s 3.45pm. Suddenly darkness has descended upon Beijing. “Literally 10 minutes ago it was pretty light and now it’s this.”

The footage has been seen more than 97,000 times since Edward posted it to Twitter.

That is very weird, we get plenty of heavy dark clouds and rain in south Florida and it never turns dark as night during the day,” one viewer commented.

Another wrote: “This is insane.” While a third said: “That doesn’t make any sense.”

The strange sight is believed to have been caused by a huge storm engulfing Beijing, with lightning seen moments before the video was taken.

Edward shared another clip soon after showing torrential rain pummelling the city.

Then, 10-15 minutes later, light returned to the area after the heavy rainfall.

The footage was taken on the same day two annual political plenary sessions of the communist regime, leading some conspiracy theorists to bizarrely claim the footage was a sign from the heavens.

FULL ARTICLE

• Sad 1

Wow, this world is seriously messed up.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Justice would be a plague of bats darkening the skies

I like bats.  Silky flying skills to the extreme.  

I often watch a bat come circle our garden at dusk in the UK and he / she never fails to make some of the most amazing aerobatic manoeuvres. Came flying towards my face the other night. Fortunately the sonar was working well.  

Edited by torturedsole
  • Like 2

The Epoch Times and some Republican Lie Sheets reports this Darkness coincides with the Communist Party holding its annual meeting. This is fake news, as the Communist Party never meets in Beijing.

• Haha 1

On 5/28/2020 at 3:01 AM, Thaivisa Web Content Team said:

leading some conspiracy theorists to bizarrely claim the footage was a sign from the heavens.

Not conspiracy theorists, just religious looneys.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 3:28 AM, torturedsole said:

I like bats.  Silky flying skills to the extreme.  

I often watch a bat come circle our garden at dusk in the UK and he / she never fails to make some of the most amazing aerobatic manoeuvres. Came flying towards my face the other night. Fortunately the sonar was working well.  

trouble with bats...use a tennis racket, it renders their sonar useless

• Sad 1

whether it be the Gods or not, its certainly a sign of things to come, and about time too.

On 5/27/2020 at 8:40 PM, torturedsole said:

One step closer to the apocalypse.  Can't wait to see what my sins amount to on judgement day.  

If you 'can't wait' then you must go NOW!😋

I remember as a young boy walking home from school one day, then complete darkness suddenly fell and it started

snowing, the after about thirty mins, full daylight came back and and the place was covered in deep snow.

On 5/28/2020 at 4:16 AM, Banana7 said:

This is a sign of things to come for China. Lots of dark days coming for China. Military conflict with India, Huawei going down the tube. Huawei CFO Meng lost her double jeopardy case in Canada, so the extradition to USA proceeds. Huawei 5G out of UK. USA removing financial privileges for Hong Kong. USA introducing electronic chip export permits requirement for chips to China.

Ripples on the pond mate.

Huawei will announce their own chip maker in three months. Same as they did their OS.

China is going from strength to strength.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 12:05 AM, lee b said:

Wow, this world is seriously messed up.

indeed, well spoken.
a stupid thunderstorm connected to politics.
Will go and see if I still have the footage with thunder and lightning above Manhattan preceding a snow storm and look for the date, less then a decade before 9/11 for sure.