Pubs, Massage Parlors, and Clubs closed?

24 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Then what's the point in closing them? Let them reopen for the expats. (I'm not even in Thailand right now - just think it's ridiculous that malls are open and magically not risky but small bars are "dangerous")

Same for supermarkets, far more dangerous than open air bars with a few people in. If borders stay closed they could open things up much sooner

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Same for supermarkets, far more dangerous than open air bars with a few people in. If borders stay closed they could open things up much sooner

safe as can be as long as social distancing protocols are applied, adhered to and enforced, therefore a supermarket or mall can be safe or unsafe and a bar can be safe or unsafe. generally people stay longer in bars and consume alcohol which may inhibit the following of the rules, i can easily see a risk assessment determining bars, even open air, being more risky than supermarkets or malls

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

South Korea has just had an outbreak at a large company that has been traced back to a nightclub, with news like that.....doubtful bars and clubs will be open anytime this year...it won't be fun anyway even they are.

• Like 1

Beer bars would have to be the same as restaurants I would have thought with plastic divides on the tables, won't be much fun. Go go bars with social distancing, a few girls dancing spaced out and plastic divides along the bench seats and tables, limited capacity, will be sh*t. Will be good for kinky fans if the girls have to wear gloves, masks and visors 555.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Since the opening of restaurants. A few examples, Sunshine and also Jomtien night market...every evening, people sat close together, no masks, waving their hands and getting excited...add a few beers to that with the slobbering...maybe understand why they won't open. The restaurants at the end of the beach have groups of 8 or 10 to a table..again no masks sat only inches apart...people just cant do distancing in these places. Open them all up and see what happens, no spike, let them stay open..numbers increase, shut them all down again

Some people decide their own fate. Unfortunately, they have no regard for others that they could infect - albeit the risk is very low in Thailand right now. Try that in the UK or the USA, and that's a death recipe. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Then what's the point in closing them? Let them reopen for the expats. (I'm not even in Thailand right now - just think it's ridiculous that malls are open and magically not risky but small bars are "dangerous")

You make a good point.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Agree, with hardly any new cases for a whole month it's safe to open all businesses within Thailand.

It's the opening borders thing that is the tricky part...

3 hours ago, baansgr said:

Since the opening of restaurants. A few examples, Sunshine and also Jomtien night market...every evening, people sat close together, no masks, waving their hands and getting excited...add a few beers to that with the slobbering...maybe understand why they won't open. The restaurants at the end of the beach have groups of 8 or 10 to a table..again no masks sat only inches apart...people just cant do distancing in these places. Open them all up and see what happens, no spike, let them stay open..numbers increase, shut them all down again

Simple, if places don't have some kind of social distancing in place such as your examples, close them down, 100,000 baht fine, they will learn

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Simple, if places don't have some kind of social distancing in place such as your examples, close them down, 100,000 baht fine, they will learn

I think the police does not care much at night. There are many places that developed a special nightlife already like Soi Buakhao and nobody seems to care. Just don't step on the beach or sit there! But I am not sure if this is enforced at nighttime. 

On 5/27/2020 at 3:42 PM, baansgr said:

Same on the Darkside!  rules from my observation are being followed by high profile places, like Big C, etc.  outside it is like there isn't a virus. 

On 5/28/2020 at 3:11 AM, jimmybcool said:

No point really since there aren't any tourists arriving.

Correct,but what about those of us that are still here.

Im just hoping that the gogo bar operators,realize that due to the lack of customers,now is to thr time to reduce their pricing.

To what it was,even 5 years ago.

The girls need to understand that as well.

• Haha 1

On May 27, 2020 at 6:42 PM, baansgr said:

Throw in a bunch of hookers crawling over dozens of different men all night. A covid cocktail.

On 5/28/2020 at 5:42 AM, baansgr said:

I agree 100%. The situation we are in across Thailand is that the only cases we are getting now are imported cases in quarantine. So the question I ask is that who is going to catch the virus off of who, if there are no cases out there. In Pattaya there have been no cases for over 40 days, so this is 3 x 14 day cycles, so Pattaya must be Covid free. Time to open up and only start to worry when the borders open.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2020 at 4:48 AM, samsensam said:

safe as can be as long as social distancing protocols are applied, adhered to and enforced, therefore a supermarket or mall can be safe or unsafe and a bar can be safe or unsafe. generally people stay longer in bars and consume alcohol which may inhibit the following of the rules, i can easily see a risk assessment determining bars, even open air, being more risky than supermarkets or malls

Risk of what? Thailand in all these weeks has has 3,000 cases in a population of 69,000,000. The 'precautions' are completely out of proportion and doing far more damage than the virus, in Thailand at least.

I recently went to eat with my wife, getting there in the same car, but we had to sit at separate tables. Maybe they'll demand we come in separate cars next. Ridiculous.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2020 at 3:11 AM, jimmybcool said:

No point really since there aren't any tourists arriving.

Very shortly, I think that Pattaya will be filled with Chinese tourists, and as far as I know, the Chinese do not frequent Bars, Go Gos or whatever else they are called. So what are they going to do for custom apart from the expats who live there?

On 5/28/2020 at 5:59 AM, stephenterry said:

Some people decide their own fate. Unfortunately, they have no regard for others that they could infect - albeit the risk is very low in Thailand right now. Try that in the UK or the USA, and that's a death recipe. 

The death receipe exists also in Thailand: Starvation due to unemplyment and no assistance it's called

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

WE have a lot of expats living on the darkside of Pattaya who would love to go to their local bar for a beer with mates, there are many bars on the darkside who only cater for expats so for those of you who think keep the bars closed as there are no tourists that does not apply to everywhere. there are a lot of reasons why bars should open, ladies get to earn money, in turn they spend money on food carts, the bars buy booze and ice from the vendors and the list goes on. Also a hell of a lot less people waiting for food parcels. 

• Like 2