Pubs, Massage Parlors, and Clubs closed?

3 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Throw in a bunch of hookers crawling over dozens of different men all night. A covid cocktail.

If one of them is carrying COVID19.

Which none currently are.

What will the decision be on bars in Hotels?  Thai government are anxious to stimulate that market with their 50% incentive, but will customers return if they can’t enjoy a drink ( alcohol ) by the pool or with their meal ?

If they can serve then the hotel bars will be packed with non-residents that want a social drink, or will the hotel only be allowed to serve guests?

Await some outstanding solution  to this conundrum.

1 hour ago, Traubert said:

If one of them is carrying COVID19.

Which none currently are.

Which, sadly, you just don't know!   That's the whole dilemma with Covid - anyone MIGHT be carrying and spreading it without showing any symptoms - that includes you and me!

33 minutes ago, DaLa said:

What will the decision be on bars in Hotels?  Thai government are anxious to stimulate that market with their 50% incentive, but will customers return if they can’t enjoy a drink ( alcohol ) by the pool or with their meal ?

If they can serve then the hotel bars will be packed with non-residents that want a social drink, or will the hotel only be allowed to serve guests?

Await some outstanding solution  to this conundrum.

Drinks only on production of a key card. 

Next.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2020 at 5:30 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Nightclubs are different, can be totally packed and enclosed inside area. Stupid keeping empty bars closed because the risk of packed clubs

maybe they wouldn't be empty for long if open.5555555

7 hours ago, finnishmen said:

good all have glosed, i hope airport have 1 year closed too and all hotels. and bars normal human not newer need this

It's like Christmas For Nazis.

All over the world, fascists and megalomaniacs are taking control, and ordinary people are allowing them to do so.  Remember, you heard it elsewhere first!

36 minutes ago, RoadWarrior371 said:

Yeh, but they are as rare as Hen's teeth.  ????

I actually wasn't thinking when I asked why open with no tourists.  Some venues actually cater to locals.  My friend owns a music bar that has a regular clientele that is all local.  Not a lot of them but they DRINK like a lot. ???? 

13 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Very shortly, I think that Pattaya will be filled with Chinese tourists, and as far as I know, the Chinese do not frequent Bars, Go Gos or whatever else they are called. So what are they going to do for custom apart from the expats who live there?

Chinese males could look for sex or brides in other countries. Because of their one child policy there are much more males than females in China. The question is what all the lonely males will do - at least those with enough money to travel. 

4 hours ago, Oldie said:

Chinese males could look for sex or brides in other countries. Because of their one child policy there are much more males than females in China. The question is what all the lonely males will do - at least those with enough money to travel. 

i think they got rid of the 1 child policy

18 hours ago, Deli said:

The death receipe exists also in Thailand: Starvation due to unemplyment and no assistance it's called

I sympathise with the out of work people in Thailand - that's a tragedy that could have been remedied with government intervention - but to compare death rates from starvation and those death rates infected by the global virus outside Thailand is ridiculous.  

• Like 1

On 5/27/2020 at 9:13 PM, kingofallasians said:

Are the really fun places going to be closed for a really long time?

Yep! If they are funny or not, might be debatable, though. I guess everyone have their own preferences of what fun is.

7 hours ago, Oldie said:

Being a non drinker I never go into bars, though I did go to Pattaya sometimes, and I have heard and read so many times that the Chinese men do not visit the bars, in fact they are not supposed to spend much either, I suppose it could be the case that they pick up free lancers.

But I suppose I could be wrong.

58 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Being a non drinker I never go into bars, though I did go to Pattaya sometimes, and I have heard and read so many times that the Chinese men do not visit the bars, in fact they are not supposed to spend much either, I suppose it could be the case that they pick up free lancers.

But I suppose I could be wrong.

i heard that Chinese men were going to gogos in walking street, pointing to a girl and barfining her with zero interaction with the girl first, the girls don't like it but money talks. A freelancer girl i know unfortunately was picked up by a Chinese guy, who only wanted to pay 130 baht or something, she managed to escape after lots of tears. So....it sounds not widespread yet but they aren't following normal protocols

• Like 1

17 hours ago, finnishmen said:

good all have glosed, i hope airport have 1 year closed too and all hotels. and bars normal human not newer need this

Seems like this guy has found a bar that's open and taken full advantage!!! ????

18 hours ago, finnishmen said:

Why is it good?  People have lost everything they worked for and owned.  They have lost jobs.  An entire city economy is crashing to the ground that may not recover to anything like it was in the past.  How in any conceivable universe is this good?    I don't understand reveling in others suffering.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stephenterry said:

I sympathise with the out of work people in Thailand - that's a tragedy that could have been remedied with government intervention - but to compare death rates from starvation and those death rates infected by the global virus outside Thailand is ridiculous.  

No it’s not.  No-one is counting the deaths from poverty, through starvation, malnutrition, suicide, workplace accidents in impoverished jobs, lack of medical care.

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, jimmybcool said:

Why is it good?  People have lost everything they worked for and owned.  They have lost jobs.  An entire city economy is crashing to the ground that may not recover to anything like it was in the past.  How in any conceivable universe is this good?    I don't understand reveling in others suffering.

Other people’s suffering is great if you’re a Puritan.  Revelling in it is the only pleasure they are allowed - perhaps with the exception of enjoying regular bowel movements from healthy consumption of fibre.  Personally, I wish they’d just concentrate on getting the most out of their movements, and stop interfering in our lives

Edited by StreetCowboy