An end may be in sight to separation of Thai-farang families

webfact

1 hour ago, TEFLKrabi said:

The last time it was explained to me by immigration, you can only do 3 in/outs (same day) in a year but you can do 3 x 30 day exemptions in any 180 day period. 

And now go to another immigration office in a different province and compare answers. It would be interesting to know.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lkv said:

Soon, we will get a better understanding of the difference between tourist visas, multiple entry visit visas (to visit wife), extensions of stay (to live with wife), and permanent residence.

Suppose the understanding of the relationship is also up for challenge too?

I've never married mine. We've been defacto about 7 years.

Live together, family home in village and land, the usual farang support for Thai partner and family etc.

Suppose we will have to provide support information about it. 

As if passports full of stamps, visa traveling applications for her, wasn't enough. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

you know a rotational work - wow.

I am sure people will not be allowed to return to their families by only rocking up to get a 30 day stamp, if they have non O's there may be a chance.

Why do you think visa exempt will not be allowed !! Marriage is still valid without a Non Imm visa..

My Non O has expired... Should I wait until I can go via Laos or Vietnam to obtain another one or just come in on a visa exempt ?? 

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

IF I was married to a Thai pre covid she would need to obtain a visa to come to AU.

I have a UK mate and every time his Thai wife travels to UK she obtains a visa.

Many countries are currently not issuing visas and have stopped visa exempt entries. 

You are misinformed and confused. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wake Up said:

But if anyone is confused that this Thai government is racist then not allowing spouses and fathers into the country should confirm the obvious.

Which country are you from that allows just to marry a this and take her back to that country.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Correct, no mention of Non 'O' visa which i'd imagine a few will be one.

This guys been coming for 8 years and never needed a visa......hmmm

Visa exempt gives him 30 days entry. 

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Enlil said:

Not every father is permament resident, how many of u got permament residence papers?

And not every father got work permit. 

Whats work permit got to do with being a father to thai kid ?

Most of this ppl are on NON-O visas. So what about them ?

Obviously Thais authorities have a very limited capacity to allow people enter in term of numbers

so with logic it's Thais people first (Still thousands abroad, so 2 or 3 weeks to rapatriate them)

then PR and work permit (for obvious reasons the numbers are low) in june

then the ''family'' visa (Probably the ones with child first)

then the others, probably in july\august

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 2

Thailand, what about those farangs with a wife and no children yet, we were trying until Thailand shut its borders! Who work outside of Thailand and not retired in Thailand yet I work in Afghanistan! How does this work out for us?

Edited by Mikeasq60
Add more to story

4 minutes ago, misterphil said:

Visa exempt gives him 30 days entry. 

Not currently. In addition will be interesting to what the future holds regarding VE.

Not just here in Thailand but countries like Vietnam, Japan etc

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not currently. In addition will be interesting to what the future holds regarding VE.

Not just here in Thailand but countries like Vietnam, Japan etc

Totally agree.

I don't understand that if people are married ( or have kids ) why they don't just get the Non O ( if under 50 ).

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Why do you think visa exempt will not be allowed !! Marriage is still valid without a Non Imm visa..

My Non O has expired... Should I wait until I can go via Laos or Vietnam to obtain another one or just come in on a visa exempt ?? 

As i've already mentioned i thought the VE were limited ( the guy mentioned does 6 entries a year ) but i may be wrong.

I don't care what you do about your visa status, up to you...

23 minutes ago, john terry1001 said:

At various times people have posted on this forum that they've either been refused entry or warned they will be refused entry into Thailand because they've used 30 day entries too many times instead of obtaining the correct visa.

Nobody has been refused entry when having an extension of stay (marriage or retirement) because that's the correct option to use.

No, thats because they do border runs. When flying in and out internationally it's rarely an issue. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I don't follow this story. The guy with the newborn son does not have a work permit or PR so how does this news story help him. I would imagine that most guys that are married to a Thai are in same boat.

Sadly don't see a lot of joy in this for many with family/wife in Thailand.

Repaitrate, sure. This week my 5 month old Thai daughter was denied by the Thai embassy to repaitrate with her heartbroken mother. Only because I would have to personally take her. The mother and baby have been separated for 3 months now. At what point do these government officials care about anybody if the don't care about a baby and a mother. At least the Thai embassy gave it consideration. The US embassy don't even have a response that relates to anything you say (email).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Ya think? Maybe it would be better if you knew what you were talking about before getting all uppity like Mr. Expert? 

Pot / Kettle / Black.

It's not entirely wrong anyway, if people are living here full time and their family is here then VE is not really the correct visa, is it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mama Noodle said:

If they were living here full time then they wouldn't be flying in and out internationally all the time would they. And your interpretation of what others should be doing is not what the law says, those are your feelings/opinions and they mean nothing. 

Are you feeling ok, just coz he has a 4/4 rotational job he does not live here full time even though his family / house etc is here - erm ok then.

If you read enough of the threads on here about people getting pulled up for abusing the VE way of entry into the country you'll realise it's now just my 'interpretation'

You're an expert on immigration law now are you? 

• Like 1