An end may be in sight to separation of Thai-farang families

webfact

22 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

What "small stuff" have I made up ?

The stuff up was the guy you quoted clearly had extension based on retirement.

You missed it that's fine. 

Move on. Your looking more ridiculous.

You may have removed your original incorrect post. Good

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

The stuff up was the guy you quoted clearly had extension based on retirement.

You missed it that's fine. 

Move on. Your looking more ridiculous.

You may have removed your original incorrect post. Good

Yes and my initial attempt to edit did not go through... your point is ?

Are you getting aroused by being a nit picking fuddy duddy ?

so's anyways, glad you pointed out nothing I have posted is in-correct.

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

They are worried about importing new cases of c19 ,they kept the borders open and allowed thousands of Chinese in. What did that do to countries when infected people returned home, that action was probably responsible for exhalerating the spread of c19 worldwide 

I don't know for sure how many grams of brainmatter are to be found in an average kiwi fruit. I guess "zero", none at all. Now to a guy calling himself Keith, from NZ or not: joke apart, what kind of hotchpotsch did you produce here: mixing those thousands of chinese tourists (which should IMO too not have been admitted in Thailand, or, possibly anywhere else, ) with infected nationals, here Thais (your "people returned home"?), please tell. Not wanting to bury the nail deeper after my "opening", but may I guess you meant: "accelerating" instead of "exhalerating", as "exhaling" though the closest related doesn't make sense, as it can't be you meant "exhilerating" as it would be quite deviant to find anything enjoyable about the Covid-19 pandemic...?

So, please, next time, take a bit more time to put your valuable thoughts together, and think about how to write about these in an intelligible(*) way for us here. Thanks a lot.

(* nothing ado with your intellect, nota bene, but well with writing in an understable way)

Edited by bangrak

Just now, Don Mega said:

Yes and my initial attempt to edit did not go through... your point is ?

Are you getting aroused by being a nit picking fuddy duddy ?

so's anyways, glad you pointed out nothing I have posted is in-correct.

Serious nutter. 

Fact. You made mistake.

You corrected.

I gave "like nudge" due to honest mistake.

Then you continue waste thread with your game. 

Simple question...where you wrong in your first post. Also what's the point. You stuffed up .....move on.

Nutter. 

3 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

how is infecting and possibly killing others surviving? 

Easy. 

The boss survives. (He knows how to not get himself infected.)

The essential worker is expendable and dies.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Serious nutter. 

Fact. You made mistake.

You corrected.

I gave "like nudge" due to honest mistake.

Then you continue waste thread with your game. 

Simple question...where you wrong in your first post. Also what's the point. You stuffed up .....move on.

Nutter. 

And you go on to accuse me of posting lies.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Gilltom said:

Yes thai's should be brought home first definately .but are they been cautious for isolation when they get here which is excellent .more than some countries SELF isolation what a load of <deleted> .well done Thailand for been more savvy.also think which country they are returning from plays a big part.Europe should be last on list 

Congratulations "Gilltom", you just earned the smoked herring prize of the day! Now seriously, for a few moments. I have no idea where you could be coming from, but what you write here, and in your previous, erm, "post", when you would not be a thai national, would be hard to apologise for.

everyone has a right to a personal opinion, no doubt. But when you would stand on a stage and read out to the public what you wrote, and I would have been forced to be there, sorry for you, but I would have been throwing eggs, fruit, veggies in all levels of decay at your head. So distressing I find that waste of a babble of yours.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Offshore worker in the OP is entirely a victim of his own poor decisions.

A poor decision to agree to return to work when his wife was pregnant and imminently expecting a baby when he knew the risks that he may not be able to return to Thailand. He may have been offshore when his wife gave birth anyway, with or without the COVID.

Not to mention he doesn't even have a proper visa to stay in Thailand and is abusing the visa exempt stamps to de-facto live in Thailand, which while not strictly illegal, it certainly is not in the spirit of immigration law.

Some folks just don't get they have absolutely no rights here! Waken up!

Edited by Mr Meeseeks

7 hours ago, Don Mega said:

What requirements caused Thai citizens to be stranded ?

When Thai contract workers lost their job in wherever country they worked. How would they survive in e.g. Germany without income?

Several European countries asked non-residents to leave. What would you do with little money and a shut airport?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mikosan said:

He is effectively a tourist when he is on rotation.  What's the problem with that, I don't see he is breaking any rules, or are you jealous that he gets lots of 'holidays'?

He can't complain about not being allowed in then. 

Tourist = can't come in.

End of.

18 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

And you go on to accuse me of posting lies.

No. Just I'll informed nonsense. 

Stick to thread content and stop defect from OP. It is very foolish. Your embarrassing.

Edited by DrJack54

Hello, hello, anybody there at TV!? Am I on a wrong address here, or do I remember right about some, firm, and appreciated, advice previously given to posters getting involved in repeated attempts to determine the sexual appartenance of angels to switch over to the FORUM part of this site, ...instead of desperately clogging up an otherwise very interesting topic!  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

He's not a tourist if his wife ( or bird ) and child are here.

Yes he is.

His status is explicitly defined by his permission to stay, the visa or visa free entry stamp he is in Thailand on.

Visa free entry stamp = tourist.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Plenty of first world countries out there to choose from if you don't like it here.

Would this be kind of a typical "My Thailand" kind of minority complexed reaction of yours?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

What about people with a retirement Visa who are married with a Thai child who didn't want to go through the ridiculous hurdles of the marriage Visa and just went the 800,000 baht route?

Surely if you are really 'retired' you wouldn't want to have kids, sort of defeats the purpose I would have thought?

Either that or you'd be too old.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, bangrak said:

Would you be one of those not kind or friendly IP officers or so, who in fact did not understand anything about his own country in the first place, and also what the origin of his (very!) lucrative job is, or are you just pretending to be such an ...?! 

I have almost always encountered respectful and polite immigration officers in Thailand.

Even when I was questioned after coming back in after a hitch offshore on a visa free entry stamp. Showed my Seaman's book, explained I was back after being on the rig and was let in. Even got a smile, thumbs up and a "good job" comment from the IO.

Giving a wai and being respectful goes a long way with them. I've even had a few converse with me in Thai and I nearly always get a smile from them eventually. 

On another occasion, I was coming in after an economy flight a couple of years ago and I chanced my arm by using a saved VIP pass from a previous business class flight on a different airline to go through the fast track. The IO, a nice lady, caught me and scolded me for trying to cheat the system. I apologised profusely in Thai, she stamped my passport, smiled and let me in. 

Edited by Mr Meeseeks

1 minute ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I have almost always encountered respectful and polite immigration officers in Thailand.

Even when I was questioned after coming back in after a hitch offshore on a visa free entry stamp. Showed my Seaman's book, explained I was back after being on the rig and was let in. Even got a smile, thumbs up and a "good job" comment from the IO.

Giving a wai and being respectful goes a long way with them. I've even had a few converse with me in Thai and I nearly always get a smile from them eventually. 

On another occasion, I was coming in after an economy flight a couple of years ago and I chanced my arm by using a saved VIP pass from a previous business class flight on a different airline to go through the fast track. The IO, a nice lady, caught me and scolded me for trying to cheat the system. I apologised profusely in Thai, she stamped my passport, smiled and let me in. 

I'm very sorry, I didn't realise you were that kind of a guy. Please forget I ever reacted on any post of yours, i won't do it again for sure. And when we once are both on a same packed ferry or so, I will recognise you at once, you with all the free seats around you! Bye!

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Just a response to a slur against Thailand from a someone with a superiority complex. 

Would you then possibly be one of those attarded boy-scouts buying their full uniform and all good looking accessories to be allowed to re-enscene that gap in their childhood, pretending to be a policeman with the TP, while not being at all? LOL! 

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Offshore worker in the OP is entirely a victim of his own poor decisions.

A poor decision to agree to return to work when his wife was pregnant and imminently expecting a baby when he knew the risks that he may not be able to return to Thailand. He may have been offshore when his wife gave birth anyway, with or without the COVID.

Not to mention he doesn't even have a proper visa to stay in Thailand and is abusing the visa exempt stamps to de-facto live in Thailand, which while not strictly illegal, it certainly is not in the spirit of immigration law.

Some folks just don't get they have absolutely no rights here! Waken up!

I got banned before for answering people like you, now I will refrain. Issue is, said offshore guy has to go to work to take care of the familes, even they may have the correct visa. Its not our choice to come back, would coming back keep us in a job...NO and hence can not support our families. May I ask what visa you are on or even if you are in Thailand?

5 minutes ago, TheAceFace said:

I got banned before for answering people like you, now I will refrain. Issue is, said offshore guy has to go to work to take care of the familes, even they may have the correct visa. Its not our choice to come back, would coming back keep us in a job...NO and hence can not support our families. May I ask what visa you are on or even if you are in Thailand?

It was a hard decision, but a wrong one to leave for work, knowing full well that international air travel could be problematic, and entry back into Thailand even more so, especially without a valid visa or permission to stay. Indeed it was even more of a wrong decision given that his wife was pregnant.

If offshore workers can't take a couple of months off during an international pandemic and when their wife or gf is imminently expecting a baby then there's something wrong there.

FYI, I am a permanent resident with a work permit.

And what do you do if your Type O Marriage visa expires before you are able to return or get a new one issued out of Savannaket Laos ? Planned to return on April 8th to Bangkok and the flights out of the states stop. As of July !st visa ends.

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

He can't complain about not being allowed in then. 

Tourist = can't come in.

End of.

Nobody = can’t come in. 

Even our “Elite” brigade who thought they were getting special treatment. 

End of. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bangrak said:

Congratulations "Gilltom", you just earned the smoked herring prize of the day! Now seriously, for a few moments. I have no idea where you could be coming from, but what you write here, and in your previous, erm, "post", when you would not be a thai national, would be hard to apologise for.

everyone has a right to a personal opinion, no doubt. But when you would stand on a stage and read out to the public what you wrote, and I would have been forced to be there, sorry for you, but I would have been throwing eggs, fruit, veggies in all levels of decay at your head. So distressing I find that waste of a babble of yours.

What are u talkimg about 'i was in agreement with thai government about isolation ????

19 hours ago, webfact said:

He said Thailand has to find a balance between limited resources and effectively repatriating stranded Thais, which continues to be the priority for now. 

plenty of empty hotels in Thailand. plenty of government officials with empty heads as well.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I don't follow this story. The guy with the newborn son does not have a work permit or PR so how does this news story help him. I would imagine that most guys that are married to a Thai are in same boat.

Sadly don't see a lot of joy in this for many with family/wife in Thailand.

Instead of father flying in, there're flights that can bring wife/kids out of Thailand (I've been told) so this might be a temporary measure for family reunion if they can't wait.

Foreigners coming in might be charged hotel fees for 14 days if Thailand do allow them in the near future. 

Edited by EricTh