An end may be in sight to separation of Thai-farang families

webfact

27 minutes ago, Darkside Gray said:

You do not know peoples circumstances so how can you make this staement

Show me one instance where the Thai government's Covid-19 policies forced a spouse to leave Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Darksidedude said:

What is a   permanent residence permit         im married to a Thai, only thing i can do is get a 12 mth spouse visa every year which is applied for outside of Thailand

Your a temporary alien.

Once you have PR you wont need to bother with visa's and marriage extensions.

Have a read of this.

Edited by Don Mega
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

I do actually as I've been following threads on when the passport office reopens. As soon as my daughter's passport reaches BKK I'll be on the first flight out of this sh*&%#)%

I won't entertain coming back until the usurpers have been overthrown

So see you next lifetime, usurpers might be more complicated than you think.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scorecard said:

So see you next lifetime, usurpers might be more complicated than you think.

I've sold everything here so not got anything to really come back for

Jer gaan chaat na as the Thais say!

Edited by Canuck1966

19 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

I've sold everything here so not got anything to really come back for

That comment seems to come from soon-to-be emigres who have a Thai female that they have not sold to bring along with them on their return to homeland

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Not currently. In addition will be interesting to what the future holds regarding VE.

Not just here in Thailand but countries like Vietnam, Japan etc

He's not in the country currently. The VE is what he will of been using before he had a kid. I did, i used the VE for many years coming back n forth on rotational work. 

23 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Totally agree.

I don't understand that if people are married ( or have kids ) why they don't just get the Non O ( if under 50 ).

I'll help you understand. Many of us on here work rotational jobs where we come and go many times a year. If not married or no kids visa exempt works fine. Even if married and have kids the Non O is a pain if for example that Non O thats available at London is a single entry. What use is that when were back n forth? Who in their right mind is going to mess about doing that? 

Ok, go to Savanakhet and get a multi entry Non O you will say now. Why? Just use visa exempt. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, misterphil said:

I'll help you understand. Many of us on here work rotational jobs where we come and go many times a year. If not married or no kids visa exempt works fine. Even if married and have kids the Non O is a pain if for example that Non O thats available at London is a single entry. What use is that when were back n forth? Who in their right mind is going to mess about doing that? 

Ok, go to Savanakhet and get a multi entry Non O you will say now. Why? Just use visa exempt. 

I'm fully aware of how rotational jobs work, i came and went on VE's for 14 years, no problems at all totally agree.

I then began to get questioned by IO at arrival in Suvarnabhumi when they started to clamp down on visa's / overstayers and the likes. Non is is not a hassle at Savankhet, it's easy, very few documents required and not expensive.

Another thing i like about Non O over VE is that if you get into any sort of bind here or are involved with the bueracracy for whatever reason it carries more weight that simply being a 'tourist'.

But up to you mate, do whatever you feel works.

19 hours ago, SEtonal said:

In other words, it is not always possible for immigration officers at entry points to identify foreign men with Thai wives or family responsibilities from their passport visa. An immigration spokesman said the bureau was aware of this problem and was working on possible scenarios. One possibility is that relevant documents, such as marriage and birth certificates and proof of address in Thailand, could be acceptable at airports even if shown on the entrant’s personal computer.

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/next-moves-for-thai-immigration-procedures-in-the-pandemic-age-301763

A Thai birth certificate does not prove that you are the father of the child. You must either be married to the mother when the child was born or have a decision from the juvenile court.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I'm fully aware of how rotational jobs work, i came and went on VE's for 14 years, no problems at all totally agree.

I then began to get questioned by IO at arrival in Suvarnabhumi when they started to clamp down on visa's / overstayers and the likes. Non is is not a hassle at Savankhet, it's easy, very few documents required and not expensive.

Another thing i like about Non O over VE is that if you get into any sort of bind here or are involved with the bueracracy for whatever reason it carries more weight that simply being a 'tourist'.

But up to you mate, do whatever you feel works.

I agree that these days, if possible, it's much safer to be on a multi entry Non Imm O.

The problem under the current circumstances, is not being able to go to Laos or Vietnam to get that new Non Imm O, if the last one has expired.

To do that, would probably involve 14 days quarantine in Laos or Vietnam, followed by another 14 days in Thailand on entry !!

I reckon most people,that have been away from family for 4-6 months already,will be wanting to get back asap.

Therefore visa exempt will be the best option if it's available and considering the amount of time out of country, shouldn't be any problem.

1 minute ago, cornishcarlos said:

I agree that these days, if possible, it's much safer to be on a multi entry Non Imm O.

The problem under the current circumstances, is not being able to go to Laos or Vietnam to get that new Non Imm O, if the last one has expired.

To do that, would probably involve 14 days quarantine in Laos or Vietnam, followed by another 14 days in Thailand on entry !!

I reckon most people,that have been away from family for 4-6 months already,will be wanting to get back asap.

Therefore visa exempt will be the best option if it's available and considering the amount of time out of country, shouldn't be any problem.

We're exempt till July 31st by which time borders to Laos / Vietnam should be open to renew Non O's.

As you you mention in your last sentence the VE being 'available' would be my main concern if that was my option to enter the country.

18 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

We're exempt till July 31st by which time borders to Laos / Vietnam should be open to renew Non O's.

I'm talking about people stuck outside whose Non Imm O have expired. They will either have to rely on an initial VE entry or potentially 28 days of quarantine to get a new one in Laos or Viet

16 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Surely if you are really 'retired' you wouldn't want to have kids, sort of defeats the purpose I would have thought?

Either that or you'd be too old.

Not only is this a slightly selfish and ridiculous comment, but it's little unthoughtful.

Firstly many guys who have "emigrated" here as have I, might not be of older age ie 65.  I "retired" in my late 40s.  So we get the RETIREMENT status visa after we're 50 years of age.

Some, as did I become fathers in later life, with a younger woman (Thai) whom for obvious  andmaybe questionable reasons have children with us older Farang guys.

I am fit healthy and wealthy enough to spend all my time and money - unselfishly with my children everyday.  A luxury most fathers would dream of, especially those like Barry Munchin stuck in Oman.

Being a full time Dad out here is great, keeps me out if trouble, energizes me and I feel very rewarded and fortunate at nearly 60.

So I am sorry I don't see what purpose it "defeats" - unless you're one of the guys who just wants to be at the bar on the lash and chasing f***y all day everyday.  Not all of us are the same mate.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, overherebc said:

It may be ok for you but for the average uk pensioner to come here at 65+ get involved and have kids is in my opinion a special kind of stupid.

Agreed 100% would be best avoided true.

22 minutes ago, overherebc said:

It may be ok for you but for the average uk pensioner to come here at 65+ get involved and have kids is in my opinion a special kind of stupid.

Watching 60. Year old pensioners pushing a pram and just shake my head! Also locked into her hillbilly family for life ,why?

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

your view is duly noted

• Haha 1