Thai healthcare system among top ranked countries

webfact

10 minutes ago, 473geo said:

My Thai family and myself have been exposed to Thai rural healthcare, from our experience cannot fault it

My siblings, parents and myself in the UK have been have been exposed to NHS healthcare, from our experience cannot fault it

Just lucky I guess ????

No Your not Luckey , just honest.

15 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

Don't know about the health care system but there are certainly some private hospitals that are equal to the best you will find in any other country. 

I rarely need to go but Bangkok Pattaya hospital has been professional and effective. It's not cheap, but it's good. 

Many of the doctors seem to have done postgrad in USA.

• Like 1

I would say any health system that only costs 30 baht for Thais is a pretty good one. Having said that, it's a bit more of a lottery for farangs.

I'm quite happy to pay 300 baht for a GP consultation. Shelling out hundreds of thousands for a hospital stay of any length is a different kettle of fish.

17 hours ago, DrTuner said:

I rarely need to go but Bangkok Pattaya hospital has been professional and effective. It's not cheap, but it's good. 

Many of the doctors seem to have done postgrad in USA.

Agree. I've used the bkk hospital in both Phuket and Bangkok and was impressed with the service that was far better and more professional than I have ever received at home. That includes our private hospitals.

Expensive, yes, but only because at home either medicare and/or your private health care is paying direct.

Healthcare in Thailand can be excellent or very poor, depending where you go.

https://www.travelriskmap.com/#/planner/map/medical

VARIABLE TRAVEL MEDICAL RISK
Significant variation of travel medical risk: Quality medical care, emergency services, and dental care is available from selected providers in major cities, including prescription drugs.  Elsewhere: availability of these services may be limited. Similarly, exposure to food, water-borne or potentially life-threatening infectious diseases may vary.

Medical assistance commonly required: In major cities: Selection of quality providers. Evacuation sometimes required. Elsewhere: Selection of best care available. Case monitoring. Transfer to a higher quality facility. Moderate and severe illness/injury may require evacuation.

Edited by Mr Meeseeks