rimping request for card pass number

gennisis

8 hours ago, jonwilly said:

Thank you for a polite sensible answer.

These incidents happened about 3 years ago, I phoned using Skype to my UK bank and they said that it was the Thai end that had refused payment.

From comments by Thai sales staff I have come to understand that they do have a limit, which the staff do not know, on foreign Credit Cards. Probably breaks the Rules that the card companies set.

john

Were these transactions for several hundred thousand baht? 

3 hours ago, taotoo said:

I think I worked it out as 0.4% or something like that, a year or two ago. Decided not to bother getting a card.

So you are saying that my 23k+ points will only net me a little over 100 THB of free in store merchandise? Too friggggin funny.

3 hours ago, suzannegoh said:

Were these transactions for several hundred thousand baht? 

No memory says one was B91K at the hospital and the other around B25K.

My UOB credit card covered both though I would have prefered to use money from my UK bank.

john

13 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

So you are saying that my 23k+ points will only net me a little over 100 THB of free in store merchandise? Too friggggin funny.

Funny that a person would think that those numbers could be correct.

3 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Funny that a person would think that those numbers could be correct.

Funny that with spending over a half million THB that they would only reward you with 100 THB of free in store merchandise....  Pretty lame or else the % that was replied is bogus... I believe the latter but won't know until I confirm with the ownership of the program (Rimping).

Have often used my U.S. bank debit card to pay at Rimping, and have never been asked for a PIN. The cashier probably was asking for your Member Card #.  If you don't have a physical member card, just give your phone number if you ever applied for a member card.  Since I can never remember my phone number, I taped it to the back of my phone.  If you don't have a member card and want one, just go to the customer service desk and apply.

On 5/30/2020 at 7:21 PM, jonwilly said:

No memory says one was B91K at the hospital and the other around B25K.

My UOB credit card covered both though I would have prefered to use money from my UK bank.

john

The limit must be being imposed by the card issuer then.  I often charge amounts greater than that to an American issued Visa card.

On 5/30/2020 at 5:30 PM, dingdongrb said:

Someone didn't actually check the program information.  For every 4,400 point, you get a cash voucher for 1,000B  So for 23,000 points, you would get 5,000B in cash vouchers.  Those are cash vouchers - you can use them to get anything in their stores. That's actually much better than Tops where MOST of their loyalty points are in the form of discounts on items "selected by the management.

50 minutes ago, Rotweiler said:

Someone didn't actually check the program information.  For every 4,400 point, you get a cash voucher for 1,000B  So for 23,000 points, you would get 5,000B in cash vouchers. 

Can you provide a link to that as I thought I had thoroughly searched their website and found nothing stating that, did I miss it somewhere?

TIA....

15 minutes ago, Rotweiler said:

Their loyalty program is called SuperPlus.  The booklet can be downloaded from:

http://www.rimping.com/superplus

Page 1 has the gift certificate descriptions.

Hey thanks!

Damn, I had downloaded the catalog and even provided a link on this thread but missed that page about the gift vouchers....duhhhh

That sounds better than the piddly 0.4% that was replied earlier. But then again, spending over 500k THB and getting in return 5k works out to being about 1% which isn't much of a loyalty program in my opinion, especially with the markup on their products.