E-cigarettes still distributed in the Kingdom despite ban

geovalin

In a murky alleyway near a well-known flea market in Phnom Penh, hidden between the various commodities, e-cigarettes or vapes are not only available but continue to turn a profit. A seller claims the product is imported from China and of “good quality”. He also has a range of accessories to accompany the device, including oils and various styles of containers. The prices start at $30 and someone could spend a small fortune acquiring the extensive selection of devices, holders and paraphernalia on offer.

As the ‘World No Tobacco Day’ on the 31st of May approaches, vaping continues to offer a seemingly positive alternative to traditional forms of smoking. However, the devices have been banned in the Kingdom since 2014. With this, the Khmer Times investigates why and how the banned smoking devices continue to be bought and sold in the Kingdom and how the phenomenon has begun to grip the younger generation.

Tobacco still remains as one of the most severe public health threats the world continues to face. According to the World Health Organisation, around eight million people die globally every year because of smoking; 15,000 of whom are Cambodian.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50727690/e-cigarettes-still-distributed-in-the-kingdom-despite-ban/

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, finnishmen said:

normal tobacco need ban not e-cig because e-cig have lot lot better healty than cigarette tobacco. idiot ban e-cigarette.

No drugs need a ban. We should all be free to put what we choose into our own bodies. 

Ban all drugs or ban none; anything less is hypocrisy. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, finnishmen said:

normal tobacco need ban not e-cig because e-cig have lot lot better healty than cigarette tobacco. idiot ban e-cigarette.

I was off cigs for 2.5 y and vaping , but because of the stupid regulations i couldn't have my e cig anymore and im hooked back to normal cigarettes . My nicotine was slowly decreasing to less then 1 mg , but its down the drain for already more then 1 y . E cigarettes are much less harmful for the body then normal tobacco , and i witnessed it myself that the effects were , healthier skintone , better sleep , less dependent on it ( i could leave the house for some time and not have it with me no problem , or getting up in the morning and suddenly not having vaped for 2-3h after wake up ) , lot better smell ( i mean my nose working fine again ) , no more squeaking lungs , ... .

So i agree 100% on your statement , to ban normal cigs instead of e cigarettes .

And for the people who said about the few deaths last year , which came widely in the news ( thx cig companies ) , they all did use the wrong kind of liquid . The liquid used is VG+PG ( glycerine + propylene glycol ) which are "oil like " products but are not oil . Using oil in ecig is deathly , even if it is only in 1 of the taste compounds , and causes "popcorn" lungs .