Thai man gets seven speeding tickets in the post- but says he's never even been on those roads

webfact

Thai man gets seven speeding tickets in the post- but says he's never even been on those roads

1pm.jpg

Picture; Daily News

The thirty year old son of a well known motorcycle dealer in Si Racha, Chonburi has filed a report with the police after getting what he claims is seven erroneous speeding tickets through the mail.

Suphalak R. got the first of the tickets in March that said he was caught speeding on Rama 2 road in Samut Songkhram then another arrived for the Asia Highway in Chainat.

It was his licence plate - 3151, Chonburi - and resembled his Honda CR-V but it was not exactly the same.

Daily News did not explain exactly how it differed, notes Thaivisa.

He said this was a company vehicle and that it never left Chonburi.

Suphalak said that he called the Highway Police who issued the tickets and claimed they told him to just get a new registration plate and end the matter.

He said why should he do that, he was not in the wrong. He fears he is subject to criminal activity.

This led him to filing a complaint with the Si Racha police yesterday.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-28

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Coincidental that it is the same vehicle type though. 

I don't believe a word, either it is him or someone else driving his car. Surprised the plates could be read, most I see are illegible or missing. 

What better preparation than to select a similar vehicle to copy plates? I'm not saying it was definitely a cloned plate, just that it's possible. 

Time for some investigation by the police (including asking for documents supporting the claim that the vehicle was elsewhere). Phone records are useful to position the phone, if the vehicle owner maintains his story. Possibly a Court matter will sort the som tam from the bs. 

• Like 1

Highway Police who issued the tickets told him to just get a new registration plate and end the matter.

What a load of "*ç%"ç%" - and this is the official Royal Thai Police force? No wonder that law enforcement is in complete absence, corruption is rampant absolutely everywhere. 

Only once you go and kick such idiots out of office - for good and not only the usual "inactive posting" - and the rest of the corrupt crooks getting locked up and the keys thrown away - only then Thailand might stand a chance to inch towards the 20th century; the 21st century would require a complete clean-up from the government's top. 

Thailands biggest problem is its own people being kept in the belief that they have to please and serve the government; well, we all know that functioning countries work exactly the other way round ???? 

Good luck to all! 

Happens loads in the uk, find same car, same colour get the plates off e bay, then go fill up with petrol and drive off. Put proper plates back on had the police come round to my house said I'd done a drive off, luckily had cast iron gaurantee or I'd have got charged and arrested!!

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Coincidental that it is the same vehicle type though. 

I don't believe a word, either it is him or someone else driving his car. Surprised the plates could be read, most I see are illegible or missing. 

Not it would have been unusual if the vehicle wasn't the same. Clearly a case of cloned plates. Used to be very common in the UK. Theif steals the car then clones the plates from an identical vehicle. The first you know about it is when tickets start dropping through your letterbox.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

It was his licence plate - 3151, Chonburi - and resembled his Honda CR-V but it was not exactly the same.

Strange how it's the same number, same registration area code and same model of car !

Must all be a misunderstanding.

44 minutes ago, colinneil said:

It can and does happen, people putting dodgy plates on a similar looking vehicle.

As i posted on here around 2 years ago, my wife got a red light ticket from Udon.

An Isuzu pickup, same model, same colour, only difference was the pickup in the police photo had a canopy on the back, ours does not, nor ever had.

My wife went to the local police, with our pickup, they checked it over, contacted Udon, matter dropped.

Local police told my wife it happens a lot here, somebody sees your pickup, takes note of the number, get fake plates made, and drive around not caring about cameras.

Talking of trying to avoid cameras catching offenders:

I've noticed an awful lot of vehicles around Udon which appear to have the black numbers on the number plate 'whited out' so they're same same colour as the rest of the plate.

This must be a deliberate attempt to prevent the ANPR camera reading the number.

There was some talk of people claiming the black paint was 'inferior' and coming off. Odd how how it's only happened more recently, and not to everyone.

• Like 1

The paint does come of quite easilly,there where news reports of a big batch of plates with bad paint,it is illegal to paint the numbers on again you have to go to the Department of Land Transportation to get new ones...never seen a shop selling them.

• Like 1

Some time ago I remember reading something about people putting some kind of "cover" over the plate that would still let it be seen (to the eye) but would screw up camera pictures.
Maybe like those screens they put on glass doors that let you see out almost perfectly but people can't see in.

Maybe some kind of refractive PCV material or something.

Ontario recently came out with a new license plate design that looked great under the lights indoors but didn't work for **** outside and they had to recall all the new plates and go back to the previous version.
Seems the new version didn't show up on traffic/speed cameras  - for some strange reason. (Almost like someone did it on purpose, thinking no one would notice maybe ?)

1 minute ago, johng said:

The paint does come of quite easilly,there where news reports of a big batch of plates with bad paint,it is illegal to paint the numbers on again you have to go to the Department of Land Transportation to get new ones...never seen a shop selling them.

Actually there are shops around that can repaint plates.

Couple years ago I had a small fire on the rear of the bike (<deleted> in the saddle bag caught fire after a mount broke and the saddlebag was sitting on the exhaust pipe).
License plate (and Road Tax decal) burnt up (amongst everything else on the back end).

Frikken couldn't get a replacement Road Tax decal and they wouldn't do a new Inspection (even though I said I didn't have a problem paying for it) because they won't do it unless there's less than 3 months remaining on the previous decal (despite it being in ashes). (I just went to an Inspection place a couple weeks ago to do my Annual Decal thing but they wouldn't do it because it turned out I was 3 months and 1 week from the old one expiring.)

I did a Police Report after the fire, which I was told (by a friend who is a Traffic Cop) would be good enough if I got stopped before I could get a new decal.

The Police Report was apparently what I needed in order to get a new plate made as well.
I went to the shop my friend told me about with the old plate and the police report. They didn't repaint the old one for some reason but made a new one. I didn't notice at first until I was showing it to my friend.
(I suspect the old one probably "disappeared" and is being used for something else because the one I got back doesn't have the embossed "stamp" on it that the original plates do.)

This is the plate shop I went to in Pattaya (right beside King Power on Sukhumvit, just before the Pattaya Klang intersection (when heading north on the Suk).
https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.9304561,100.9001285,3a,39.2y,299.79h,88.94t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sIj7_clOAMuqxMyCFMePUwA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

There are probably similar shops in every large(ish) city, just hard to spot normally. I probably rode past this place 50 times and never even glanced at it before.

9 minutes ago, johng said:

I take your point.

The ones I've noticed don't look like the black paint is coming off, or peeling off. You can see the numbers have been painted over in white. I've sat behind quite in a few at traffic lights.

The other thing is (I don't know why) most of these altered plates tend to be the rear ones. Not many have front and rear with the same 'problem'.

14 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Highway Police who issued the tickets told him to just get a new registration plate and end the matter.

Surely that should be pay the fines and then get new plates. The photos will be time and date stamped.

Doesn't he have to prove either he or the vehicle were somewhere else at the time. Tosser

21 hours ago, smedly said:

cloned number plate is not out of the question

I have received two speeding tickets showing my reg no but not my vehicle, on contacting them they cancelled the tickets after i sent them a pic of my vehicle.

33 minutes ago, johng said:

Is it MORE illegal to drive with illegible plates than to paint them back again yourself?  Hmmmmm

24 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I have received two speeding tickets showing my reg no but not my vehicle, on contacting them they cancelled the tickets after i sent them a pic of my vehicle.

wow