BANGKOK
webfact

Thai man gets seven speeding tickets in the post- but says he's never even been on those roads

Thai man gets seven speeding tickets in the post- but says he's never even been on those roads

1pm.jpg

Picture; Daily News

The thirty year old son of a well known motorcycle dealer in Si Racha, Chonburi has filed a report with the police after getting what he claims is seven erroneous speeding tickets through the mail.

Suphalak R. got the first of the tickets in March that said he was caught speeding on Rama 2 road in Samut Songkhram then another arrived for the Asia Highway in Chainat.

It was his licence plate - 3151, Chonburi - and resembled his Honda CR-V but it was not exactly the same.

Daily News did not explain exactly how it differed, notes Thaivisa.

He said this was a company vehicle and that it never left Chonburi.

Suphalak said that he called the Highway Police who issued the tickets and claimed they told him to just get a new registration plate and end the matter.

He said why should he do that, he was not in the wrong. He fears he is subject to criminal activity.

This led him to filing a complaint with the Si Racha police yesterday.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-28

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, webfact said:

It was his licence plate - 3151, Chonburi - and resembled his Honda CR-V but it was not exactly the same.

????????????????????????

• Like 1

Must have been his ghost driving then...not guilty 😆

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Remember the Yingluck Getaway car had five sets of plates inside !

and was driven by a police man...

• Like 2

Our son of law, has got regularly speeding tickets. 500 THB/piece. The photo are very high quality. 

Easy to get new plates in Phuket

I have had speeding tickets, not related to me in any way, I deposit the letter with the local Police a TELL THEM TO FIND THE RIGHT GUY . No more problems now 

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Coincidental that it is the same vehicle type though. 

I don't believe a word, either it is him or someone else driving his car. Surprised the plates could be read, most I see are illegible or missing. 

What better preparation than to select a similar vehicle to copy plates? I'm not saying it was definitely a cloned plate, just that it's possible. 

Time for some investigation by the police (including asking for documents supporting the claim that the vehicle was elsewhere). Phone records are useful to position the phone, if the vehicle owner maintains his story. Possibly a Court matter will sort the som tam from the bs. 

• Like 1

Highway Police who issued the tickets told him to just get a new registration plate and end the matter.

What a load of "*ç%"ç%" - and this is the official Royal Thai Police force? No wonder that law enforcement is in complete absence, corruption is rampant absolutely everywhere. 

Only once you go and kick such idiots out of office - for good and not only the usual "inactive posting" - and the rest of the corrupt crooks getting locked up and the keys thrown away - only then Thailand might stand a chance to inch towards the 20th century; the 21st century would require a complete clean-up from the government's top. 

Thailands biggest problem is its own people being kept in the belief that they have to please and serve the government; well, we all know that functioning countries work exactly the other way round 😉 

Good luck to all!