Jump to content

Pattaya to Maptaphut Expressway Trial


Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, drbeach said:

I don't think you need to make a u-turn to go to Rayong. Logically you get off the expressway and keep left, there is a slip road that joins up with Sukhumvit. Keeping right and using the underpass underneath Sukhumvit road takes you towards U-Tapao airport and Sattahip.

Unless they've opened it in the last three weeks, the left exit on to Sukhumvit going into Banchang was blocked off, and the only way was to go the other way towards Sattahip and take the first u-turn. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dont think it was ever intended to be any benefit for Pattaya people, it was always meant to be a major highway for the Eastern Economic Corridor servicing Utapao airport and Mapthaput industrial zone

Used it twice on Tuesday,  from Ban Chang to Pattaya and return.  What a beautiful scenic road, cutting through the hills.  It didn't save me as much time as I expected to make this journey, as its a

From Pattaya Mail:  

Posted Images

On 7/5/2020 at 7:56 PM, drbeach said:

I don't think you need to make a u-turn to go to Rayong. Logically you get off the expressway and keep left, there is a slip road that joins up with Sukhumvit. Keeping right and using the underpass underneath Sukhumvit road takes you towards U-Tapao airport and Sattahip.

at the moment you can only exit the new stretch of road at the Ban Chang end heading to wards Sattahip, you would have to do a u turn if heading towards Rayong.

the Mataphut flyover exit goes nowhere so i doubt it will open anytime soon, the left exit toward Rayong is closed at the moment, forcing all  traffic to use the underpass towards Sattahip

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cake Monster said:

Many people will still choose to use Route 36 or Route 331 to transit into Rayong Etc.

Toll fees Vs time

15 Mins Vs 120 Baht ? for Thais is a No Brainer

where do you get 120thb from, i think the new bit is around 30thb

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Many people will still choose to use Route 36 or Route 331 to transit into Rayong Etc.

Toll fees Vs time

15 Mins Vs 120 Baht ? for Thais is a No Brainer

The part of highway that replaces route 36 and route 331, is 30 Baht, not 120

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

^Yep, takes far longer now to get to Rayong than it does Pattaya.. lol

 

Took the new motorway to Pattaya last Sunday morning, and seemed like I had the road all to myself. Impressive stretch of road and views, and was there in no time at all. Have to be careful of construction vehicles still traversing up and down though.

Edited by huangnon
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, huangnon said:

^Yep, takes far longer now to get to Rayong than it does Pattaya.. lol

 

Took the new motorway to Pattaya last Sunday morning, and seemed like I had the road all to myself. Impressive stretch of road and views, and was there in no time at all. Have to be careful of construction vehicles still traversing up and down though.

And the speed cameras are active;-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Many people will still choose to use Route 36 or Route 331 to transit into Rayong Etc.

Toll fees Vs time

15 Mins Vs 120 Baht ? for Thais is a No Brainer

36 is not good right now...roadworks galore!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2020 at 4:48 PM, Eff1n2ret said:

Unless they've opened it in the last three weeks, the left exit on to Sukhumvit going into Banchang was blocked off, and the only way was to go the other way towards Sattahip and take the first u-turn. 

You're right. i watched a video and it's indeed blocked off. Also, yesterday I even took the expressway for the first time and the exit was indeed still blocked.

 

I do hope they open it soon along with the other exits, rather than opening them all at the same time. Would make sense to progressively open, but looks like that's not going to happen.

 

Not a big deal, I decided to head along the coast to Phla beach and then via Rayong to my destination further east. Was a bit time consuming due to all the traffic and traffic lights in Rayong itself. Probably not worth taking this expressway any more to get to points around Klaeng or further east if arriving from Bangkok since it takes you unnecessarily further away.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, steve187 said:

at the moment you can only exit the new stretch of road at the Ban Chang end heading to wards Sattahip, you would have to do a u turn if heading towards Rayong.

the Mataphut flyover exit goes nowhere so i doubt it will open anytime soon, the left exit toward Rayong is closed at the moment, forcing all  traffic to use the underpass towards Sattahip

Yes, I realized that too after watching a recent video and using the road myself yesterday. I believe the Mapthaput flyover will open in September along with all the currently unopened exits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jai Dee said:

From Pattaya Mail:

 

Map-10_ENc.jpg&key=5f6810952902991122c90

I understand the flyover to Mapthaput, which is part of this expressway and ends up in the industrial estate, will open in September too. It may or may not be quicker to get to Rayong and beyond, by getting off the expressway at the very end instead of in U-Tapao like at present.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...