Jump to content
BANGKOK
Pilotman

Pattaya to Maptaphut Expressway Trial

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, drbeach said:

I understand the flyover to Mapthaput, which is part of this expressway and ends up in the industrial estate, will open in September too. It may or may not be quicker to get to Rayong and beyond, by getting off the expressway at the very end instead of in U-Tapao like at present.

 

I was in Ban Chang 2 weeks ago, and it appeared to me that the flyover at the end of the new motorway will join up at the Ban Chang bypass road just over Sukhumvit Road, not at the Mapthaput industrial estate which is several km down the road.

 

I could be wrong... :whistling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

 

I was in Ban Chang 2 weeks ago, and it appeared to me that the flyover at the end of the new motorway will join up at the Ban Chang bypass road just over Sukhumvit Road, not at the Mapthaput industrial estate which is several km down the road.

 

I could be wrong... :whistling:

That whole area where you get off pointed towards Sattahip is a mess of roads. I can't make heads or tails of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

That whole area where you get off pointed towards Sattahip is a mess of roads. I can't make heads or tails of it.

Not that bad coming from Bangkok there is only one route to take, which bring you under the sukumvit and round in a circle and then you are facing sattahip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

 

I was in Ban Chang 2 weeks ago, and it appeared to me that the flyover at the end of the new motorway will join up at the Ban Chang bypass road just over Sukhumvit Road, not at the Mapthaput industrial estate which is several km down the road.

 

I could be wrong... :whistling:

No, the next phase of the extension goes from the flyover and pretty much follows the railway line round to Mapthaput, there is no direct connection to the bypass road.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new link to Utapao and Ban Chang is sweet,,,,,,,,,,,,it is not a shorter way in to Rayong City,,,,,,Hwy 36 will be the best way when that construction is finished.

The motorway flyover at the south end that will eventually go in to Mapthaput is no where near complete,,,,,,,that will be built in the next few years or more. It will be an elevated road parallel to the railroad tracks. It will never link to the BC bypass road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, longball53098 said:

The new link to Utapao and Ban Chang is sweet,,,,,,,,,,,,it is not a shorter way in to Rayong City,,,,,,Hwy 36 will be the best way when that construction is finished.

The motorway flyover at the south end that will eventually go in to Mapthaput is no where near complete,,,,,,,that will be built in the next few years or more. It will be an elevated road parallel to the railroad tracks. It will never link to the BC bypass road.

That long? Motorway news channel and several other sources suggest the whole expressway will be open to traffic come September.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, drbeach said:

That long? Motorway news channel and several other sources suggest the whole expressway will be open to traffic come September.

Open all the way to Ban Chang / U Tapao yes, the next phase from ban Chang to Mapthaput is scheduled to take around 2 1/2 years more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2020 at 5:47 PM, keithsimmonds said:

I like it....used it 3 times now to play Golf at Emerald 40 mins door to door top of Khao Noi to Emerald.

It is 43 minutes when you drive the direct way (pass over 331 and over 3376), according to google maps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, henry2109 said:

It is 43 minutes when you drive the direct way (pass over 331 and over 3376), according to google maps.

Few lads I know love it, bit of a comp to see how fast it can be done, as a passenger ive done it in 17 minutes... a few have been well under that.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...