Foreigner extorted and blackmailed for 1.5 million baht by Thai woman

webfact

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Never let a woman in a 'casual sex' encounter know your name and address.

Hi, I'm John from the UK (Bruce from Australia, Joe from the USA, or Hans from Germany).

Funny you should say that.  I always introduce myself as "BritManToo from ThaiVisa."

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Total common sense. I am Manny from Regina, Saskatchewan. And all my stuff is locked up in the safe. And no, you cannot have my phone number or my line info. I have rented you for a couple of hours, then it is bye, bye! 

No question that alot of men come here, in an emotionally vulnerable state of mind. I get it. The West is brutal for a man over 50, who is not really wealthy. But, buyer beware. The real question is, what will they do with her? Will she be prosecuted and jailed by a judicial system that is one of the world's weakest, and most lenient? If she has enough cash (who knows how many Johns she has conned), she can simply make a large donation, and make this all go away? She will then be free to ply her trade, unless she is caught again. I think the names of cons should always be published. Even if they are just alleged. 

I remember a similar case, years ago in samui, the lady got 2 years in prison. 

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

This is me .......... took Thailand 1 year to teach me better.

But unlike the OP there's nothing I would care about any family/friends/employers knowing.

I'm in Thailand, what do they think I'm doing? 

True, there's not much else to do, if we are being honest.

Drink all day & night, that's boring, and I don't drink anyways. 

I'm now over fifty, so I would like to think if my family had to know, they would be content I was living well.

5 hours ago, Emdog said:

My now (thankfully long gone) ex wondered if I was going to sell her as a sex slave when I took her to Bali. Hadn't crossed my mind.

If I'd paid slavers to take her, I would have come out far ahead. Moral: don't let opportunity pass you by

Interesting. My GF wasn't worried, but her whole family thought I was taking her to Australia for sex work. I think they were relieved when she came back to the village safe and sound after a month, and their attitude to me warmed noticeably.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Never let a woman in a 'casual sex' encounter know your name and address.

Hi, I'm John from the UK (Bruce from Australia, Joe from the USA, or Hans from Germany).

And don't forget to hide your phone or they will grab it and call their own number thereby capturing yours.

15 hours ago, webfact said:

Then email threats came that if he didn't pay more their previous affair would be revealed to his family.

Not only does the victim share all his personal details with a casual girlfriend he also provides her with contact details of his family, even if by way of social media.  

Never live your life on social media is a good lesson in life, too.  

Scammer woman:  Give me a million baht or I will tell your wife about our affair!

Me:  Do you have her cell phone number, or do I have to give it to you?

I am more afraid of my Thai wife finding out I was extorted out of a million baht than I am of my Thai wife finding out that I had an affair with another Thai woman!!!

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, webfact said:

The foreigner fell for all this and parted with 1.5 million baht in several installments

As my dear late father taught me... "fools and their money are soon parted" !

Don,t want to be rude to the farang involved.but how did it get that bad and give that much money to her.something like 35 thousand pounds.After a few times giving money small amounts first i imagine.surely you would stop  giving to her.

Most farangs know the system and thais will ask for money.my friend in bkk ask for 1000 baht.it would cost as much too send it to her.never happened anyway,will not do it.But it seems the farang involved does not know the system in thailand or when to say enough is enough. will he ever get it back  now the police involved,i think not.Take it to court the judge will give him rights to claiming it back,to late it will allready be in another acc.I know this because  my friend won the court case thru a bike accident,by the time it was sorted all the property and money in her families name and she knew it and he could do nothing.

Be interested to know the end result of this case but never will i think