On 5/28/2020 at 11:25 AM, Logosone said:

The bible is very clear on this.

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other, Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Matthew 6:24

that is out of context,
it is the other way around, it is about being served by two servants.
in other words, having a relationship and an "active" friendship with someone else.
One of them a steady relationship and the other a needy person:

Now let's take the following also out of context and we have a justification from the same book:
"Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them."
interpreted as "when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,so that your giving may be in secret."

Carry on ....

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know! PS. Not much danger of disease from a hand job, and your gf will be assuming you get those in the massage anyway. PPS. Mid-40s ........ I'd ask her if she has a daughter.

No money, no honey. She sees you as generous and wants to extrapolate that generosity. I have several gik's (or sideliners) and simply pay them for each entertainment. If you like her pay her, if you

A 'gik' is a 'friend' and that presupposes a relationship. Having two relationships may be the norm for Thai guys and women, but why wade into those waters if you have a functioning relationship.

Posted Images

On 5/28/2020 at 10:08 AM, BobBKK said:

No money, no honey. She sees you as generous and wants to extrapolate that generosity. I have several gik's (or sideliners) and simply pay them for each entertainment. If you like her pay her, if you love your GF stay away. Personally I dont have GF's only sideliners - life's easier that way and I don't want Cheese Pizza every night.

Gigs are often used as a nice, socially acceptable word for prostitutes, especially from old men.

59 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

You clearly fail to understand the commercial relationship with most gik's.

Looks don't matter, age doesn't matter ........................... sex and money matters.

Virtually every relationship is about sex and money.

Particularly with a man well over 70 who admits he's not all that good looking.

His first relationship is most likely also about sex and money.

So if he finds the Gik more to his liking, his current relationship could then suffer. The Gik is just another relationship based on money, not that much different from the first.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

I know what a gik is but what exactly does gik stand for?

"good in kitchen"

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Sorry to hear that. 

where is your toilet? we have 3 in the house, thankfully. 

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

I know what a gik is but what exactly does gik stand for?

It is just a word... it is not an acronym.. like wife. or chair. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

Well, maybe, I don't want to pay per month as some do and it's academic if I pay per time or per month. One things for sure we ALL pay one way or another.

I'm not saying you're wrong for paying per transaction, just that that's not the definition of a gik. More like sex worker that would service multiple men and charge per transaction. A gik usually refers to a girl you kinda keep on a regular basis for a sort of casual relationship and not only for sex purposes,  and supposedly be with only you (whereas many do have same arrangement with more than one man at a time). Btw - I had few giks in the past (one at a time) with no financial transactions whatsoever - no cash, no gifts, no shopping. Just go out, enjoy each other's company and usually but not always have sex. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, KKr said:

that is out of context,
it is the other way around, it is about being served by two servants.
in other words, having a relationship and an "active" friendship with someone else.
One of them a steady relationship and the other a needy person:

It is neither about servants or masters. The master servant relationship is just a metaphor. It was chosen because it was legally impossible at the time to have two masters. But that's not the point.

What Jesus is noting is not a legal impossibility, but a psychological one. While the slave might at first believe he can serve both masters equally eventually he will come to prefer one over the other. 

The slave here, btw, is clearly the OP, who is a slave to his sexual desires. However, if he were to pursue his sexual/monetary relationship with the Gik, the risk would be that he will come to prefer one over the other, ie the Gik over his current gf. Many problems may potentially result from that.

42 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

where is your toilet? we have 3 in the house, thankfully. 

I have 3 full bathroom and a bathtub in my main bathroom. If I need to explain to you the meaning and how it works then never mind. Have a good day.

3 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

I used to spend a lot of time in meetings with a Gik. 

Khun Khru Gik at my school to be precise.

I was guest of honor at her wedding.

Rooster.

Were there a few smiles at the wedding, apart from the normal?

I was playing golf with three Thais, and I referred to my caddie in my innocence as "nong sow ( little sister ) . The guys fell about laughing.

On 5/28/2020 at 10:51 AM, Thailand said:

There is a new movie out about Lorena Bobbit.

Apparently she did Bob it.

I saw it offered at the free movie site but was not interested in watching 

On 5/28/2020 at 1:33 PM, Lacessit said:

I know it's a lockdown, but isn't desperation creeping in?

Isolate , masterbates .

Keep your money in the bank..

On 5/28/2020 at 10:08 AM, Lacessit said:

Read my post #47 carefully, please. I do not have a wife here, I have a girlfriend.

Samesame but different

On 5/29/2020 at 12:43 PM, Logosone said:

It is neither about servants or masters. The master servant relationship is just a metaphor. It was chosen because it was legally impossible at the time to have two masters. But that's not the point.

What Jesus is noting is not a legal impossibility, but a psychological one. While the slave might at first believe he can serve both masters equally eventually he will come to prefer one over the other. 

The slave here, btw, is clearly the OP, who is a slave to his sexual desires. However, if he were to pursue his sexual/monetary relationship with the Gik, the risk would be that he will come to prefer one over the other, ie the Gik over his current gf. Many problems may potentially result from that.

First of all, a slave cannot serve two masters, (s)he serves the owner.

Then, maybe OP likes both of the ladies and treats them equally.
If everybody is happy with that arrangement, then what are we talking about?

Or, maybe, OP decides to have a bit of fun on the side. 
Who am I to judge whether that is appropriate, let alone right or wrong ?

Many problems ensue from walking on the sidewalk or otherwise engaging in the local traffic,
yet most people do go out.