For those in Thailand whats gonna happen after 31st July 2020 ?

28 minutes ago, connda said:

Whatever happens, it will be amusing to watch.  Personally I'll be submitting my TM47 as normal next month as I don't want be be anywhere near an immigration office come Aug 1st.  For everyone else - best of luck.  Masks and two meters apart!!!

what is TM47   ? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, superatoz said:

what is TM47   ?

It is used to do a report of staying longer than 90 day consecutive days in the country. It is only for those that can stay that long in the country.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, madmen said:

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/july-1-will-end-all-lockdowns-in-thailand-including-international-travel

That does not included admitting foreigners who are not holding work permits.

When Thailand announces it will allow tourists in from every nation, then we can be sure there are no restrictions.

Prior to this I believe Thailand will have a tiered admission policy whereby countries with no new cases or low numbers will be permitted entry - i.e. Asean countries and most certainly China!

Those from Western nations may face further delays, I would also be concerned about second waves, further complications as other countries have second waves etc making travel for those who frequently fly in and out of Thailand quite difficult.

• Like 2

Several posts and replies meant to deflect the topic have been removed. This a discussion about entries and stays in Thailand not other countries and covid 19 that has it own forum for discussions.

No further notice will be given when posts are removed.

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2020 at 2:06 PM, KarenBravo said:

If anyone finds someone who knows what is going to happen two months from now, please ask them for the winning lottery numbers, too and pass them on to TV members. Many thanks.

Be good to find someone whats happening tomorrow 

• Like 2

On 5/28/2020 at 10:23 AM, connda said:

Whatever happens, it will be amusing to watch.  Personally I'll be submitting my TM47 as normal next month as I don't want be be anywhere near an immigration office come Aug 1st.  For everyone else - best of luck.  Masks and two meters apart!!!

Why? They are not requiring you to do one anyway and you could always do it via the app or mail it in. Never has been a need to do it in person!!

25 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

If you are currently in Thailand on a VOA, exempt or tourist visa that has expired, then I doubt immigration will extend again and you will be expected to depart the country by 31st July.

Yeah if the borders are open then no problem. I suspect this date was chosen because they anticipated borders reopening on July 1 and flights resuming then too. Thus giving people 30 days to depart. If for some reason this isn't possible I suspect they may extend the amnesty for another month or so. Or, if borders open August 1, they would give 30 days to depart from that date. Logically they can't expect people to go into overstay by not extending the amnesty until some time has passed since the borders are open and/or flights have resumed.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

If you are currently in Thailand on a VOA, exempt or tourist visa that has expired, then I doubt immigration will extend again and you will be expected to depart the country by 31st July.

If the amnesty is not extended there may be cases where they will allow people to get a 30 day extension with a letter from their embassy.

At this time there are countries that are not allowing their citizens to enter unless it is on a repatriation flight and some not at all.

Click a country on the map here for info. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

27 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Yeah if the borders are open then no problem. I suspect this date was chosen because they anticipated borders reopening on July 1 and flights resuming then too. Thus giving people 30 days to depart. If for some reason this isn't possible I suspect they may extend the amnesty for another month or so. Or, if borders open August 1, they would give 30 days to depart from that date. Logically they can't expect people to go into overstay by not extending the amnesty until some time has passed since the borders are open and/or flights have resumed.

I believe it will be extended for another month.

there is nothing to be gained from throwing people out when tourists and FIFO folks can’t get it

On 5/28/2020 at 10:54 AM, ubonjoe said:

It is used to do a report of staying longer than 90 day consecutive days in the country. It is only for those that can stay that long in the country.

oh no , i stayed more then 90 days already , do i need to do report?  

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If the amnesty is not extended there may be cases where they will allow people to get a 30 day extension with a letter from their embassy.

At this time there are countries that are not allowing their citizens to enter unless it is on a repatriation flight and some not at all.

Click a country on the map here for info. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

thanks for this ubonjoe

I'm interested in what happens come 31st July. Covid visas end and first commercial flights out start 2nd August.

Anyone notice the gap?

I'm booked to leave 6th August on a one way ticket. I will remove my dirty European body from Thailand permanently as a favour to the health minister.

I hope that they grant 7 days grace to leave from 31st July.

46 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Do you think those with expired non-O visa will be able to get 60 day extension to visit spouse when amnesty finishes?