BANGKOK
superatoz

For those in Thailand whats gonna happen after 31st July 2020 ?

For those in Thailand whats gonna happen after 31st July 2020 ?

does anyone know if the visa will be extended for foreigners or will all be forced back to their own countries? 

28 minutes ago, connda said:

Whatever happens, it will be amusing to watch.  Personally I'll be submitting my TM47 as normal next month as I don't want be be anywhere near an immigration office come Aug 1st.  For everyone else - best of luck.  Masks and two meters apart!!!

what is TM47   ? 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, superatoz said:

what is TM47   ?

It is used to do a report of staying longer than 90 day consecutive days in the country. It is only for those that can stay that long in the country.

• Thanks 1

Reading between the lines, if the incoming travel ban is lifted on July 1st, it likely indicates they expect to have completed preparation of facilities(hotels, govt buildings, etc.) to quarantine arriving passengers for 14-days.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, madmen said:

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/july-1-will-end-all-lockdowns-in-thailand-including-international-travel

That does not included admitting foreigners who are not holding work permits.

When Thailand announces it will allow tourists in from every nation, then we can be sure there are no restrictions.

Prior to this I believe Thailand will have a tiered admission policy whereby countries with no new cases or low numbers will be permitted entry - i.e. Asean countries and most certainly China!

Those from Western nations may face further delays, I would also be concerned about second waves, further complications as other countries have second waves etc making travel for those who frequently fly in and out of Thailand quite difficult.

• Like 2

Several posts and replies meant to deflect the topic have been removed. This a discussion about entries and stays in Thailand not other countries and covid 19 that has it own forum for discussions.

No further notice will be given when posts are removed.

• Thanks 1

For me life will continue pretty much as before but with a visit or two to the bars when they reopen.

• Haha 1