Pattaya: The long wait for handouts

webfact

1 hour ago, tribalfusion001 said:

What a pleasant comment, mocking the poor and hungry!

May be wrong, but I read it as mocking the "authorities" who are so concerned with Covid social distancing/tracking in shopping malls etc....but can't/won't find a way to help the needy, who feel they have no choice but to queue like this.

Charity is not infinite.  This situation is set to continue for the foreseeable future.  At some stage, donations will run out.  When they do, if the government does not provide assistance, things could head south.  Eg. riots, looting, crime.    

• Like 1

16 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

Not to worry, soon these people will be eligible to go on vacation with 50% off their hotel room!

Thai government will pay their people to go on holidays - up to half off hotel cost to stimulate tourism

Plenty of employed people in Thailand will take advantage of the 50% off deal, those destinations will have to cater to the holiday makes thus some of these needy people will be re-employed.

Stimulation packages are a wonderful thing.

17 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

I really cant see these folk qualifying for 50% reduction  on Hotels from the Government.

And if all the Hotels have staff working, then the Government does not need to subsidise them.

It's called irony.

Just now, kingofthemountain said:

Yes, and preferably abroad, taking advantage of an advantageous 

exchange rate with their indestructible Thai Baht

Yes, and totally manufactured by themselves, even pre virus.  Now, even more discounts for them to be had.

With scenes looking like a famine in African nations, they still do nothing to assist the citizens of the nation, despite being one of the wealthier countries in South East Asia.  

For me, there is no amount of merit making that could square this up with Buddha.  It's a disgrace.   

• Like 2

On 5/28/2020 at 10:47 AM, darksidedog said:

Shows how desperate the situation is, yet still the authorities are nowhere to be seen in feeding starving people. I have pumped money into various handouts around the darkside and am supporting an entire family (not my own),on an ongoing basis. Many of my friends have been active in doing so also. Why is the government doing so little?

You feeelthy Falang you, spreading  your  dirty virus to those healthy Thais????

15 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Plenty of employed people in Thailand will take advantage of the 50% off deal, those destinations will have to cater to the holiday makes thus some of these needy people will be re-employed.

Stimulation packages are a wonderful thing.

So, the wealthy Thai's get a holiday stimulus package, whilst poorer Thai's get more slavery.  What "a wonderful thing." 

On 5/28/2020 at 5:08 AM, sapson said:

Yes they appear to be bunch of ~@&&****s .....the choice of noun is yours!

Why doesnt the governor of Pattaya set up a few all day food kitchens where the hungry can come for a meal three times a day.

A highly profitable jetski scam ran for many years with ease and full cooperation from the the boys in brown and knowledge of foreign ambassadors.

So whats so difficult about feeding their own people at least they would get kudos for that simple operation.

Money only goes one way in Thailand. My wife and I are helping a family of four (her sister and nieces) with some and they have stopped paying their rent as have many others. But he situation is dire if it doesn't get back to normal and soon. A hungry people are angry people and they all know what is going on now elsewhere to add fuel to the flames. 

• Like 2

On 6/1/2020 at 12:14 PM, jimmyswale said:

Money only goes one way in Thailand. My wife and I are helping a family of four (her sister and nieces) with some and they have stopped paying their rent as have many others. But he situation is dire if it doesn't get back to normal and soon. A hungry people are angry people and they all know what is going on now elsewhere to add fuel to the flames. 

Leadership and economic management for all Thai citizens, during this crisis, has been completely absent.   

What's disturbing for the Thai people is their no confidence in the current government will not be able to be seen at the ballot box, in the next election.