Travelling to Buriram from Choburi-quarantine?

khaepmu

If one is travelling to Buriram from neighboring provinces it appears that one might be subject to a 14 day quarantine but it is inconsistently enforced. My wife's niece arrived at her hometown in Buriram from Chonburi and was put into an empty house for 14 days. She arrived last week. Another niece arrived last month and it was a similar story. If I live in Buriram and go to Bangkok and Chonburi for a few days and return  to Buriram, I am wondering if I would be susbject to the same kind of quarantine. How would they know that I left and went to another province and came back. I asked my wife this and she said people will notice your absence and then inform the village headman. I have a local sticker that was put in in my passport by the village headman which seems to indicate that I am virus free.  I would hate to get back to Buriram and spend 2 weeks in some kind of quarantine detention center.

The idea behind the sticker was that police would remove it when you leave the province. If you come back with no sticker.... 14 days quarantine. This will of course be unevenly enforced. We too have heard of people being quarantined, have a neighbour that left for Bangkok just before the shutdown and can't come back.

We will go to Chonburi as soon as it is safe (from a getting stopped by the police angle) as a relative lost his job at the beginning of all this and wants to come back to work on the farm.

Not yet, although travel restrictions will be alleviated on Monday, it's up to individual governors to decide whether to loosen things up or not, and the Buriram governor doesn't seem to be a flexible guy.

He should worry about the 250 + cases of dengue fever in the province...