BANGKOK
Guderian

Thai Chana to get into your condo or village?

If they get serious about track and trace, it would logically follow. 

• Sad 2

Not in my village, I think its easier to do for condo's then for gated villages with multiple entries. 

It also makes no sense for villages as its not as if there are shared communal area's and such. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

COVID briefing today that app should be released this weekend that will require confirmation of your phone number when first used and then make life easier for you by only requiring you press enter/leave buttons.  For now can continue to use QR code platform.  No mention that we can continue to sign in/out on paper but did say all establishments will require use of Chana system next phase.  So everyone will require a smart phone and data service to use the public CR?

Edited by lopburi3

Well an article from the USA says that they highly doubt they will ever be able to rid the world of the covid 19 as it will spin and keep on mutating. I really hope they don't impose more snoopity snoop on people here, but I seriously think they will impose more draconian loss of freedom rules to follow for sure. I have a house so not much they can do to me. 

10 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Most condos I know of have an entry card system linked to residents' ID's, so as long as that's up-to-date and working I don't see any need for the Thai Chana system. Villages certainly do have communal areas, we have a large swimming pool with sun terrace and gardens. Also the office, and all the streets where people stroll and exercise and walk their dogs. And there are a lot of delivery people zipping around the place all day long, both food and Lazada or whatever.

What would be extremely annoying with this is that the Family Mart is just the other side of the security gate, and it already has the book for you to sign in your chosen cartoon character. So to get a bag if ice I'd have to sign out of the village, walk five metres to the Family Mart, sign in there, buy the ice, sign out, then sign back in to the village again. Nobody's going to put up with this nonsense if it happens.

I think it would be crazy for villages, for condo's i can see the point. People are forced closer together in condo's then in villages. Still i don't think people would accept it to log in when they get in their condo or village.

I know a guy still regularly taking streetwalkers off Jomtien beach back to his condo...makes perfect sense really for the protection of others.

• Haha 1

are we talking about hi-so gated villages or all villages, say villages dotted around in Isan? If so I can't see that working in my area they only pay lip service to Covid-19 (we don't have any cases here) people come and go as they please, no curfew and now nobody wears a face mask, it's all regarded as a big joke.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2020 at 1:41 PM, lopburi3 said:

COVID briefing today that app should be released this weekend that will require confirmation of your phone number when first used and then make life easier for you by only requiring you press enter/leave buttons.  For now can continue to use QR code platform.  No mention that we can continue to sign in/out on paper but did say all establishments will require use of Chana system next phase.  So everyone will require a smart phone and data service to use the public CR?

I don’t use Thai cha cha. I sign in and sometimes out

On top of being an inconvenience, it's liable to cause some serious delays to entering and leaving the village (if they require you to check out as well). When you go to Big C or a store that insists on this, there's always a couple of people who seem to find the whole thing a bit too complicated and spend 10 minutes trying to get it to work. Now imagine you're sat in your car wanting to get just 200 yards up the road to your house and you've got a couple of these sorts ahead of you in the queue to get in. Ugh!

48 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

are we talking about hi-so gated villages or all villages, say villages dotted around in Isan? If so I can't see that working in my area they only pay lip service to Covid-19 (we don't have any cases here) people come and go as they please, no curfew and now nobody wears a face mask, it's all regarded as a big joke.

Yes, HiSo gated villages only. I believe the government plans to carpet bomb the Isaan-style villages at the first sign of a C19 outbreak, so there's no point in them doing the Thai Chana thing as well, lol.

• Haha 1

I drove 3 hours to Kanchanaburi city from home yesterday, first time in a few months. From my village to Kan and back I passed through 6 unmanned checkpoints. At Makro and BigC temp check and signed name. QR code seemed the less used option going by those waiting.

On returning to the villlage got stopped at a check point asked where we had come from, temperature taken and waved on. No check on the way out as we left very early and it too was unmanned.

I think it will come where the QR code will be used at the village entry. Easy too as there is only one road in and out unless you are drivig a tractor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

people come and go as they please, no curfew and now nobody wears a face mask, it's all regarded as a big joke.

Well done "somewhere" in Issan (but not Buriram). My last 6 years in Thailand were spent in Khon Kaen Province, living like how you described, and I am happy to say continuing to do the same here in Cambodia - but not a "big joke", there are no bans or restrictions (other than travel).