Thai Chana to get into your condo or village?

Guderian

Not in my village, I think its easier to do for condo's then for gated villages with multiple entries. 

It also makes no sense for villages as its not as if there are shared communal area's and such. 

• Like 1

COVID briefing today that app should be released this weekend that will require confirmation of your phone number when first used and then make life easier for you by only requiring you press enter/leave buttons.  For now can continue to use QR code platform.  No mention that we can continue to sign in/out on paper but did say all establishments will require use of Chana system next phase.  So everyone will require a smart phone and data service to use the public CR?

Edited by lopburi3

Well an article from the USA says that they highly doubt they will ever be able to rid the world of the covid 19 as it will spin and keep on mutating. I really hope they don't impose more snoopity snoop on people here, but I seriously think they will impose more draconian loss of freedom rules to follow for sure. I have a house so not much they can do to me. 

10 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Most condos I know of have an entry card system linked to residents' ID's, so as long as that's up-to-date and working I don't see any need for the Thai Chana system. Villages certainly do have communal areas, we have a large swimming pool with sun terrace and gardens. Also the office, and all the streets where people stroll and exercise and walk their dogs. And there are a lot of delivery people zipping around the place all day long, both food and Lazada or whatever.

What would be extremely annoying with this is that the Family Mart is just the other side of the security gate, and it already has the book for you to sign in your chosen cartoon character. So to get a bag if ice I'd have to sign out of the village, walk five metres to the Family Mart, sign in there, buy the ice, sign out, then sign back in to the village again. Nobody's going to put up with this nonsense if it happens.

I think it would be crazy for villages, for condo's i can see the point. People are forced closer together in condo's then in villages. Still i don't think people would accept it to log in when they get in their condo or village.

are we talking about hi-so gated villages or all villages, say villages dotted around in Isan? If so I can't see that working in my area they only pay lip service to Covid-19 (we don't have any cases here) people come and go as they please, no curfew and now nobody wears a face mask, it's all regarded as a big joke.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2020 at 1:41 PM, lopburi3 said:

COVID briefing today that app should be released this weekend that will require confirmation of your phone number when first used and then make life easier for you by only requiring you press enter/leave buttons.  For now can continue to use QR code platform.  No mention that we can continue to sign in/out on paper but did say all establishments will require use of Chana system next phase.  So everyone will require a smart phone and data service to use the public CR?

I don’t use Thai cha cha. I sign in and sometimes out

On top of being an inconvenience, it's liable to cause some serious delays to entering and leaving the village (if they require you to check out as well). When you go to Big C or a store that insists on this, there's always a couple of people who seem to find the whole thing a bit too complicated and spend 10 minutes trying to get it to work. Now imagine you're sat in your car wanting to get just 200 yards up the road to your house and you've got a couple of these sorts ahead of you in the queue to get in. Ugh!

48 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

are we talking about hi-so gated villages or all villages, say villages dotted around in Isan? If so I can't see that working in my area they only pay lip service to Covid-19 (we don't have any cases here) people come and go as they please, no curfew and now nobody wears a face mask, it's all regarded as a big joke.

Yes, HiSo gated villages only. I believe the government plans to carpet bomb the Isaan-style villages at the first sign of a C19 outbreak, so there's no point in them doing the Thai Chana thing as well, lol.

• Haha 1

I drove 3 hours to Kanchanaburi city from home yesterday, first time in a few months. From my village to Kan and back I passed through 6 unmanned checkpoints. At Makro and BigC temp check and signed name. QR code seemed the less used option going by those waiting.

On returning to the villlage got stopped at a check point asked where we had come from, temperature taken and waved on. No check on the way out as we left very early and it too was unmanned.

I think it will come where the QR code will be used at the village entry. Easy too as there is only one road in and out unless you are drivig a tractor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

people come and go as they please, no curfew and now nobody wears a face mask, it's all regarded as a big joke.

Well done "somewhere" in Issan (but not Buriram). My last 6 years in Thailand were spent in Khon Kaen Province, living like how you described, and I am happy to say continuing to do the same here in Cambodia - but not a "big joke", there are no bans or restrictions (other than travel).

On 5/28/2020 at 1:12 PM, robblok said:

Not in my village, I think its easier to do for condo's then for gated villages with multiple entries. 

It also makes no sense for villages as its not as if there are shared communal area's and such. 

security makes everybody take off their mask and take a photo from a camera above ...

On 5/28/2020 at 1:41 PM, lopburi3 said:

So everyone will require a smart phone and data service to use the public CR?

Won't happen - the data service part especially. The only way to force it would be to ban anybody from entering who does not have it and I don't see that happening here - do you?

On 5/28/2020 at 11:54 AM, Guderian said:

or has anyone else heard anything?

Not yet and agree with you. Like you will be somewhat irritated if they try to bring it in.

Security started measuring peoples temp some weeks ago but that quickly stopped. Complete waste of time. Not sure who instigated it as the Chairman of our village committee pretended ignorance when I mentioned it to him.......

On 5/28/2020 at 11:54 AM, Guderian said:

A friend just told me that security at condos and villages will be required to make people scan the Thai Chana QR code (or enter Mickey Mouse into the book, I presume) just to go in and out. Seems completely over the top, but nothing would surprise me any more. Is this just an unsubstantiated rumour, or has anyone else heard anything? Please, don't let it be true!

It's a ridiculous notion. The idea of Thai Chana is that the movements of an infected person can be backtracked and anyone else who happened to be in the near vicinity, i.e. in the same shop at the same time, can be contacted by SMS (not traced) and advised to seek medical assistance. Such contacts would be entitled to a free test.

Within the confines of a village or condo complex, such contacts would quite easy to identify. They all live in the same place don't they. So Thai Chana would be totally unnecessary.

This is just a silly rumour. One amongst many!

Edited by Moonlover

43 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

The idea of Thai Chana is that the movements of an infected person can be backtracked and anyone else who happened to be in the near vicinity, i.e. in the same shop at the same time, can be contacted by SMS

Even the same village and same condo block also.  ????

59 minutes ago, Leaver said:
1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

The idea of Thai Chana is that the movements of an infected person can be backtracked and anyone else who happened to be in the near vicinity, i.e. in the same shop at the same time, can be contacted by SMS

59 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Even the same village and same condo block also.  ????

Within the confines of a village or condo complex, such contacts would be quite easy to identify. They all live in the same place don't they. So Thai Chana would be totally unnecessary.

If you're going to quote me, please quote me fully.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

If you're going to quote me, please quote me fully.

Only need to quote the relevant part of your post.

Contact tracing and tracking should include residential properties.

There is no different between Terminal 21, and a condo block.   

17 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Only need to quote the relevant part of your post.

Contact tracing and tracking should include residential properties.

There is no different between Terminal 21, and a condo block.   

Why? The concept of Thai Chana is to establish a link between an infected person and another person, who are complete strangers to each other, but happen to be in the same place at the same time.

People who live in villages or condo buildings are not complete strangers to each other and are often in the same place at the same time.

What is it that Thai Chana can achieve that having a list of occupants and knocking on a few doors can't?

That's the difference between Terminal 21, and a condo block.

Oh, and by the way. Thai Chana does not 'track and trace'. It 'identifies and informs'. There's a big difference.

Edited by Moonlover

Why? The concept of Thai Chana is to establish a link between an infected person and another person, who are complete strangers to each other, but happen to be in the same place at the same time.

People who live in villages or condo buildings are not complete strangers to each other and are often in the same place at the same time.

What is it that Thai Chana can achieve that having a list of occupants and knocking on a few doors can't?

That's the difference between Terminal 21, and a condo block.

Oh, and by the way. Thai Chana does not 'track and trace'. It 'identifies and informs'. There's a big difference.

Let's take The Base for example, particularly as it's being used illegally for daily rental.  There are over 800 condos in that block.  Does everyone know everyone in such a large block?  I don't think so,

If the proximity suggest you have come in contact, be it the communal pool, gym, or even the elevators, or the person next door, it's good to know.  Information s power. 

In the west, I might have privacy concerns, but with TM30's and and registered sim cards etc etc, authorities pretty much know where farang are all the time anyway.

The app assists in tracking and tracing proximity to infected people.  The app can't identify an infected person before a medical test, can it?  They use historical data once a person has been identified as being infected. 

On 5/28/2020 at 2:39 PM, holy cow cm said:

Well an article from the USA says that they highly doubt they will ever be able to rid the world of the covid 19 as it will spin and keep on mutating. I really hope they don't impose more snoopity snoop on people here, but I seriously think they will impose more draconian loss of freedom rules to follow for sure. I have a house so not much they can do to me. 

Thailand will use every excuse to go on their ego boosting power trips.

• Like 1

An post has been removed:

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed.

Plain stupid .Are they going to supply Everyone with a No1 smartphone ? I think Not . I don't sign any Ledger .Don't do QR code . I wear mask  to go in a shop (not in the car)and the the Alcohol thing. anything else is Not Needed.

Out here in sticksville we have had a market every Saturday without fail. 

Literally thousands of people pass through this market every Saturday.

The only precautions are :-Temp. check and hand sanitizer stations at the 3 entrances and masks.

The 7-11 at the entrance 6 days a week asks for name , phone number etc.

Not on a Saturday though " to much people "

Edited by NE1