Car horn at technical inspection

Susco

Can anyone confirm if the car horn get checked at the yearly car inspection for tax renewal.

I discovered by coincidence that mine doesn't work, so probably spiral cord has to be replaced, which will cost few thousand baht at least.

Since a defunct car horn doesn't bother me in the least, but I'm up to the tax renewal soon, it would be useful to know if i have to make those costs

You'll find out the correct answer to your question when you take your car for its test. 

If it passes, then good for you, and if it fails, then you'll just have to get it fixed and go back. You should test your horn on a 12v current before you decide its something else.... Maybe you can buy a replacement second hand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Check wire connection a vehicle horn is not complicated easy to get to. 

I suspect it to be the tidal cord, since the steering wheel airbag is flashing for some while already, and Nissan diagnosed that as being the spiral cord.

The horn was still working, so probably now it has cracked a bit more.

1 hour ago, stouricks said:

What WAS your question then please?

My question was if they check it, as don't care if my horn works or not

Very unlikely its the steering column clock spring thats the problem. 

Any somchai should be able to run the circuit down with a 12v meter. These kinds of problems almost always arise due to people putting after market Chinese garbage parts wired into their harness with cheap wiretaps and fuses. Gauges, TV's, back up cameras, video cameras, etc... 

Regardless it should be an easy fix and checking the clock spring/switch circuit is extremely basic test using an ohm meter

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Very unlikely its the steering column clock spring thats the problem. 

Any somchai should be able to run the circuit down with a 12v meter. These kinds of problems almost always arise due to people putting after market Chinese garbage parts wired into their harness with cheap wiretaps and fuses. Gauges, TV's, back up cameras, video cameras, etc... 

Regardless it should be an easy fix and checking the clock spring/switch circuit is extremely basic test using an ohm meter

Did I mention anything about modifications done to my car?

Did you read that Nissan diagnosed a broken spiral wire quite some time ago?

Oh yeah, they don't use a multimeter for that either, but have a portable diagnosing unit they plug in