Pailin quits as Thai Airways director over eligibility issue

webfact

Duck and cover!

Abandon ship!

Plausible deniability.

Dodged a bullet.

These phrases jumped to mind as I read this. As deputy minister for trnsport he would have had a better than average idea of the true state of Thai. It seems the "golden handshake" tarnished a little in the light of day.

• Like 1

Just saw something in Thai news where Thai Airways said they don't have the money to offer refunds. They're not sure when they will. Hope this isn't part of their cutting-costs plan because it's a bad one. 

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Prapas Kong-Ied, director-general of the State Enterprise Policy Office, said the resignation of Pailin was in keeping with the law as he had been out of a ministerial position for less than two years. The law says an individual cannot serve as the director of a private company for two years after holding a ministerial position.

The usual musical chairs...

11 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:
12 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Does he qualify for a lifelong pension now with freebies all the way? 

And did he receive a thick and juicy severance pay package?

He probably already got that. No I assume this more to do with rodents fleeing a sinking ship. No one really cares about rules anyway. When he saw the financials, the real financials. He found a legal loophole to GET OUT. No one wants to be on the Titanic, even if you get a first class cabin & deck chair, when it goes down. I bet he thinks himself one Lucky <deleted>

That is a vote of confidence. :thumbsup:

Edited by LomSak27