Retirement Extension Bank Requirements.

I will shortly be applying for a retirement extension at Chiang Mai based on a monthly income of more than B65,000 from abroad.

My bank book has been updated monthly as opposed to last year when a couple of months were missed. This resulted in me having to obtain a printout of all transactions for a year and a covering letter from my bank.

My question is, seeing as my book is up to date, will I require a printout and letter this year?

Thanks very much.

6 hours ago, Fortunate1 said:

Thanks for the confirmation ubonjoe.

I had to also show a monthly transaction of the money coming out of my UK account and a summary confirmation letter from my Thai bank showing the incoming transactions!!! Kanchanaburi Immo.????????????????????????????????

• Like 1

Yesterday I went to my Bangkok Bank local office at which I changed from a joint account last year to a me only account to insure no problems with IO.  I showed the sample Bangkok Bank letter of monthly deposits with FFT indicating overseas source of monies.  The Bank employee said that they don't do that one anymore but showed me what they provide.  I indicated that the IO needed to be able to EASILY see that I have 12 consecutive months of more than 65,000 baht each month coming from an overseas source.  After going around a bit he said he would do such a letter, only for me (600baht) so that I would be happy.  I notice some say a bank letter plus this letter.  What are the two letters? Is one a copy of the bank book (highlighting) the monthly deposits (which I provide anyway) or what?  I plan to get the letter next week and do my long-term extension #17 using the income method. This too is Chiang Mai.

I did mine there yesterday. One letter necessary would have been the 12 month letter witch includes history of transfers. BBK said that it takes 5 working days to have it provided. For me I had a problem at my January 12 month non o retirement. BBK had delayed my September deposit which was not recorded until October 1st due to a USA law enforcement requiring my Thailand address is on record in BBK NYC.  So I had gone to Laos and re-entered and returned with a non o 90 day visa. Hence the last 4 months letter of transactions was what all I provided. They did look and had me include my 2019 passbook photo copy, all 12 months. Interesting that my  BBK letter confirming my account was returned as not necessary and instead they had my BBK provide a letter confirming deposits and subsequent transfer were a result of using BBK NYC.

• Like 2

For what it's worth, I recently did an extension of a non-IMM O for the purposes of retirement.  Although my bank statement clearly showed the code for foreign transactions, and I had international wire xfer advisories,  the IO said that I must use credit advice letters (different banks have different names for this document), which are letters from the local bank certifying that the funds were received from a foreign source, and that I needed to show one year of proof of funds documents (in the past I only needed to show the last 3 months before the visa expired). The IO said that the 1 year proof of foreign currency is a  new requirement (at least for me). The bank issued me 3 months of the credit advice letter with no charge, but for months prior charged me a fee for each letter, and I should be able to finish the process when I get the additional letters in a few days. I will not name the bank, but their very courteous reps who even spoke to the IO (unsuccessfully) told me that in the future I should get the credit advice letters every three months or monthly and there would be no fee. The IO said I have until the end of July to present the credit advice letters as a result of the amnesty.

• Like 1

Is it the same for extending on a non O multiple entry based on marriage? I thought only 2 months of 40k needs be shown.

That non O had expired and of course I've been unable to leave to get a new one.

I've already taken the 60 day extension, so it's extend for a year or leave at the end of the amnesty. I cant show at least 40k each month for a year, although the total if averaged is.  I can only show at least 40k each month from January of this year. I was only in Thailand for a total of 4 months last year, not at all August through December, 

5 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Is it the same for extending on a non O multiple entry based on marriage? I thought only 2 months of 40k needs be shown.

That non O had expired and of course I've been unable to leave to get a new one.

I've already taken the 60 day extension, so it's extend for a year or leave at the end of the amnesty. I cant show at least 40k each month for a year, although the total if averaged is.  I can only show at least 40k each month from January of this year. I was only in Thailand for a total of 4 months last year, not at all August through December, 

Sorry, all I know is what I was told for a retirement extension.  Someone else will have to answer your questions.

9 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Since it will be your first extension of stay application you only need to show at least 40k baht of transfers into a Thai bank for 2 months.

Then for the next extension you would need to show 12 months of transfers.

• Like 1

Having gone through this last March using the income method with no embassy letter and reading the personal experience of others here confirms to me the only way if you can is to park  800K baht in the bank and use that method.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Since it will be your first extension of stay application you only need to show at least 40k baht of transfers into a Thai bank for 2 months.

Then for the next extension you would need to show 12 months of transfers.

I went to cw last week for a 1-year retirement extension but they rejected my application because I couldn’t show bank statement with 12 monthly transfer to my thai account. I just moved to Thailand and could only show statement with 4 monthly transfers to my account, all min. 65,000 baht. The io said that I had to transfer 800,000 baht to my thai account and keep them there for 2 month or come back in 8 month with a 1-year statement with 12 monthly transfer.

No “first extension” rule for me ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, nebrot said:

I went to cw last week for a 1-year retirement extension but they rejected my application because I couldn’t show bank statement with 12 monthly transfer to my thai account. I just moved to Thailand and could only show statement with 4 monthly transfers to my account, all min. 65,000 baht. The io said that I had to transfer 800,000 baht to my thai account and keep them there for 2 month or come back in 8 month with a 1-year statement with 12 monthly transfer.

No “first extension” rule for me ????

What type of entry do you have now?  Is it a Non-O 90-day Visa entry? 

10 hours ago, nebrot said:

I went to cw last week for a 1-year retirement extension but they rejected my application because I couldn’t show bank statement with 12 monthly transfer to my thai account.

What exactly were you applying for at immigration. Do have a non-o visa issued by an embassy or consulate? Or were you applying for a 90 day non immigrant visa entry at immigration. 

They have not changed their requirements for the visa application  to allow for transfers into a Thai bank. 

4 minutes ago, nebrot said:

I have a ME non-immigrant O visa

They should of accepted your application. 

Did you have firm proof that the transfers came from abroad.

When was the last entry from your non-o visa done. Was your 90 day entry valid or are you on the amnesty until July 31st.

33 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What exactly were you applying for at immigration. Do have a non-o visa issued by an embassy or consulate? Or were you applying for a 90 day non immigrant visa entry at immigration. 

They have not changed their requirements for the visa application  to allow for transfers into a Thai bank. 

Applying for a 365 days extension of stay (TM 7), based on retirement. I have a ME non-immigrant O visa issued by thai embassy in my homecountry.

The io told me about the rules/requirements - 800,000 baht on my bank account or 1-year bank statement with 12 monthly transfers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nebrot said:

The io told me about the rules/requirements - 800,000 baht on my bank account or 1-year bank statement with 12 monthly transfers.

That is not correct. It is in the written rules that only 2 transfers are required for the first extension of stay.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not correct. It is in the written rules that only 2 transfers are required for the first extension of stay.

I asked the io how I could show 1-year bank statement with 12 monthly transfers if I just moved to thailand. She just said that I should transfer 800,000 baht to my thai account and come back in 2 months. The io asked her supervisor and she said the same. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, nebrot said:

I asked the io how I could show 1-year bank statement with 12 monthly transfers if I just moved to thailand. She just said that I should transfer 800,000 baht to my thai account and come back in 2 months. The io asked her supervisor and she said the same. 

Was that at the desk for extensions or reception before getting a queue number?

From clause 2.22 of this order. Amendment to police order 138/2557

image.png.2c927a4344ef723e9627d0b819783c3c.png

I used these, ext stay/ret/inc, CW:

Bank letter day of/day before OK – Account Ownership, ACTIVITY, account, name, amount
Bank letter: Summary of twelve (12) QFTs, obtained at BBL HQ ~ 4 days before applicaiotn, while I waited
FTT/CARs: Twelve (12) months, collected each month, free.
Bank book copies old and current book - I usually have at least two books covering 12 months.
Original bankbooks
Update bankbook day of with B/F - copy
Excel sheet – FTT details

All these were held, save for original bankbooks which were returned with my PP.

in hand, not asked for: documentation supporting source(s) of income.

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Was that at the desk for extensions or reception before getting a queue number?

Desk L1 for extension and NOT the reception and NOT the “document screening” woman.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They should of accepted your application. 

Did you have firm proof that the transfers came from abroad.

When was the last entry from your non-o visa done. Was your 90 day entry valid or are you on the amnesty until July 31st.

Yes, nothing wrong with my documents. I brought my bankbook, ownership statement and statement from bangkok bank showing 4 international transfers to my thai account since february. My 90 days was still valid for 10 days but now I’m on the amnesty until July 31st.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pontious said:

Any reports of IO accepting two six month bank letters.?

I assume you mean 6 month bank statements. It is difficult to predict that immigration would accept them. No reports of them being accepted.

Best to wait and request a 12 month bank statement.

• Thanks 1

On 5/31/2020 at 7:15 PM, nebrot said:

Yes, nothing wrong with my documents. I brought my bankbook, ownership statement and statement from bangkok bank showing 4 international transfers to my thai account since february. My 90 days was still valid for 10 days but now I’m on the amnesty until July 31st.

On 5/31/2020 at 8:50 AM, nebrot said:

Sounds like you did everything correctly, and they are trying to deny those with Non-O Visas using income to qualify, whether for marriage or retirement.  The supervisor says the same thing - the "new rules" seem to come from the top. 

I had massive roadblocks thrown up when I went for a Non-O based on marriage extension to my Non-O Visa, when I tried to use income from a Thai job with work-permit.  Seems to be a pattern with "income" vs "bank money". 

They completely ignore what the "published" rules say about simply proving the income.  In my case, they demanded more months of income-proof than the extension-rules require - PLUS other documents which were already used to get the work-permit (of which I had copies - deemed not good enough).  It's a sick joke - the "flagship office" now disregards the rules they published.

• 2 weeks later...

As the OP I'm just wrapping up this thread. I obtained a one year print of my Thai bank account plus covering letter and attended Chiang Mai immigration. The IO didn't look at the print other than to check it was there. He looked closely at my bank book copies examining them about three times and then suddenly checking the start date as if to catch me out. Sad really.

Then the IO did something I had never seen before as this was my ninth extension. He picked up his phone and opened up Street View and asked my where I lived. When we located my house he marked it. Whether this is synced with the Imm computer system or not I have no idea.

As I left I saw the stealth BMW parked under an awning. I assume it is fitted with some kind of Stinger system to catch the unwary.