What is your next motorcycle?

Tagged

More like next year but really torn between types.

I currently pootle around on a Nmax150, great around town but a bit feeble going further.

Like someone else said I've got used to the automatic thing now and actually like it.

The choice would between a sensible Xmax or a retro classic but I don't want/need anything truly big-bike.

I also quite fancied the Rebel 300 but heard too many stories of mystery engine problems and don't want the 500.

The Kwaka Estrella already mentioned pulls the heart strings...and then someone said 5'6" riding an Interceptor, I'm the same height aaaaaagh.

Edited by pookett

On 5/29/2020 at 10:32 AM, alx123 said:

Not planning to buy any new motorcyle this year but Iv'e read that they'll be reintroducing the CB 400 (Honda Super 4 VTECH) this year and I'm drooling.

slide01.jpg

My first bike in Thailand at least if it was sold in Thailand it would get and green book, all I had was an invoice.???? there were some around with books.

51 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

At my age, I find a scooter to be far more comfortable. I had super bikes for many years. My favorite was a Triumph Daytona Super III. Amazing bike. But now my top choice would be the BMW C400. But at 399,000 baht, it is bit pricey, in these days of Covid. The second choice would be a 2020 Suzuki Burgman 400. At 200,000 baht it is alot of bike for the money. They are nice bikes. Well built, super plush ride, amazing suspension, and alot of fun to drive. My last choice would be the 2020 Honda Forza 300. It appears to be highly improved from the older model, which I thought drove like a river barge. Anyone who has driven both, do you have anything to say about an improvement in steering, and suspension? At 165,000 it is reasonable. I looked at the Yamaha X Max, and though it is a very nice scooter, the ride is far too stiff. I would need to upgrade the suspension, and with Olin shocks, we are looking at around 40,000 baht. And I still do not like the fit. Seems to be made for a smaller guy. 

BMW-C400GT-19-03.jpg

7127.jpg

honda-forza-300-2.jpg

Triumph photo B.jpg

Triumph Daytona Super III - 1.jpg

I like the 600 or 650 version of the BM you've posted, i was in the BM showroom about a week ago having a nosey and they had one, looks awesome.

18 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I like the 600 or 650 version of the BM you've posted, i was in the BM showroom about a week ago having a nosey and they had one, looks awesome.

I agree. It is an amazing bike. But, at 565,000 baht, it is out of the reach of the vast majority of us. And I would also be quite concerned about theft, with a grand bike like that. But no doubt it is the top of the line bike of it's kind in Thailand. Must be quite a cruiser. If only I had an extra few million, I might buy one!

BMW C650GT 12  4.jpg

6000000003.jpg

6000000002.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I’m resisting an urge to go buy a heavily discounted Suzuki GSX 250 R which has been sitting at a local dealership for a loooong time. Or a Ninja 400. In Thailand: a Honda CB150R, obviously not worth the price tag though. 

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

That's I was told about my 25 year old CBR900RR-R you can get parts.

I did repairs and tuning myself because Honda Big Bike in Phitsanulok are as useful as a fart in a spacesuit, unless you buy new and even then I wouldn't trust them. 

Define: "you can get parts"

Like: You search for them for some time and then you order them and maybe you will get them in a few weeks?

I had problems with simple parts like water hoses for the radiator. At the end my guy got some, even cheap, but I couldn't use my bike for weeks. That's no fun.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 10:57 AM, JonnyF said:

You can't knock a good mullet, Bro.

I sported the Chris Waddle myself in the mid 80's.

image.png.dfc1a8cb106069620d542de974ddcdba.png

That pic isn't me by the way.

Back to bikes, I'm considering the ZX25R if it comes to Thailand.

I actually have one now but not by choice as I didn't care for the look myself. The top stopped growing five years back now , lol.

31 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Define: "you can get parts"

Like: You search for them for some time and then you order them and maybe you will get them in a few weeks?

I had problems with simple parts like water hoses for the radiator. At the end my guy got some, even cheap, but I couldn't use my bike for weeks. That's no fun.

That's a fair call, my bike is for fun so I don't mind waiting. 

• Like 1

As some mentioned you get lazy on a comfy scooter and joy of twist and go on CVT,  no clutch, no gear change etc...., but, don't you sometime wish had that downshift to just jump a bit...!? ????

I'm on Forza 300 and if I ever upgrade it must be more CC, or what is the point. Now Tmax and BMW are just insanely expensive,  even used. Suzuki Boulevard is huge, even bigger than my old model Forza...

So I was thinking maybe should give Honda DCT a try, best of both worlds, auto and gear on your finger tips. Reviews are great, just a few hardcore clutch lovers complain they can't rev and twist throttle at traffic lights....???? - probably Harley crowd... ! lol

So the Honda NC700, NC750, or CTX700,  or Integra come with DCT,  lots of power and smooth, and no, they are not sport bikes, more of a cruiser..... But new very expensive, however although not many around some used ones come on market occasionally for ~160k baht, reasonable for the CC...

Edited by Agusts

6 hours ago, Agusts said:

As some mentioned you get lazy on a comfy scooter and joy of twist and go on CVT,  no clutch, no gear change etc...., but, don't you sometime wish had that downshift to just jump a bit...!? ???? ...

My gal likes gears, though she's pretty steady on the throttle in town ...  :cheesy:

• Like 2

Anyone here own an Aurora Hellfire, or even seen one on the roads ?

http://www.auroramotorcycles.com/index.htm

About Aurora:

The Aurora Motorcycle company is a division of Aurora Manufacturing Synergy and was founded in 2007 by Australian Engineer Vincent Messina.

The Hellfire V8 was conceived and designed by Vincent in collaboration with engineers form Australia, New Zealand and the U.K.

Development work was carried out in Australia and New Zealand with the initial prototypes built and tested in New Zealand. Full production will commence in 2016 with individual motorcycles proudly built at state-of-the-art production facilities in Thailand where Vincent is now based.

Thailand is now a key player in automotive manufacturing with major car manufacturing facilities and large-scale manufacture of motorcycles well established
by famous marques such as Ducati, BMW, Triumph, KTM and Honda.

Design innovation and performance without compromise are the hallmarks of the Aurora brand. The Hellfire V8 is high performance motorcycling redefined.

13 hours ago, pbas400 said:

i m waiting the new Honda CB500X 2020 - new colors 

after 2 years on Honda Rally and 60.000 kms in thailand

500x2020.jpg

Great bike, and the 500 Im going to ride back to europe one day. At the moment the plan is postphoned until corona is finished, and before that Iran is a unsurten route, and also wait for more stability at the borders, to be sure we can get trught there as well. 

• Haha 1

On 5/28/2020 at 10:25 PM, elliss said:

BSA , Gold Star , 500 cc single . 

Japs , no thanks ..

I hope you don't mean a Goldie with the RRT2 gearbox.  70mph in first gear, not good on these roads.

This was my bros.  Pic about '65 bike about '55.

Scan%207goldie.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 10:32 AM, alx123 said:

Not planning to buy any new motorcyle this year but Iv'e read that they'll be reintroducing the CB 400 (Honda Super 4 VTECH) this year and I'm drooling.

slide01.jpg

Owned one, but 1300. Great bike. Loved it