What is your next motorcycle?

Tagged

On 5/30/2020 at 10:38 PM, thequietman said:

Mines for sale. ????

does the Click 150 has the manual emergency start up pedal like the 125 has, maybe it's called something else but I am referring to that pedal on the left side (my 125 it's rusty and very hard to foot start it) forgot my keys on and the battery drained, had to use that pedal to start up, it saved my ass and I saw a couple of 150's on the street and none appear to have that option, do you know how to manually start the bike if the battery drains off, thus no automatic start

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

does the Click 150 has the manual emergency start up pedal like the 125 has, maybe it's called something else but I am referring to that pedal on the left side (my 125 it's rusty and very hard to foot start it) forgot my keys on and the battery drained, had to use that pedal to start up, it saved my ass and I saw a couple of 150's on the street and none appear to have that option, do you know how to manually start the bike if the battery drains off, thus no automatic start

Manual emergency start up pedal . would that be the kick starter ?

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, RyeRye said:

Would love to get my hands on a Suzuki SV650 (ideally 2019), but the SV 650 seems to be rather rare in Thailand...might have to purchase a new one ????

Saw one at the condo's parking and it was indeed a looker. Looks like a good pillion bike as well.

On 6/1/2020 at 2:12 PM, RyeRye said:

Would love to get my hands on a Suzuki SV650 (ideally 2019), but the SV 650 seems to be rather rare in Thailand...might have to purchase a new one ????

Just saw this on Facebook market,  looks like the exhaust is just hanging off it ...!? Odd looking exhaust... , these are similar to Vstrom and Gladius from Suzuki... 

Screenshot_20200602-164332.png

22 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Manual emergency start up pedal . would that be the kick starter ?

I guess so, not familiar with proper name of it but kick starter sounds good, although not a kick action, more like a push down action, does it has one?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mavideol said:

I guess so, not familiar with proper name of it but kick starter sounds good, although not a kick action, more like a push down action, does it has one?

Honda no longer fits these. It saves a dollar.

2 minutes ago, ktm jeff said:

thanks for the update, so if the battery drains and one is in an area faraway from shops how to re-start the scooter or their new battery never drains out, I am asking because I do go out of the less traffic paths and with my old 125 it happen 2 times, my mistake I let the ignition on and battery dead

4 minutes ago, ktm jeff said:

Well, if they work with fuel injection when battery is totally dead is questionable. I read various conflicting reports and experiences...

I myself left the ignition and lights on my weak battery EFi Suzuki some years ago, and it would not start with kick start pedal. 20min of battery charge and all was good for the next two years...! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Well, if they work with fuel injection when battery is totally dead is questionable. I read various conflicting reports and experiences...

I myself left the ignition and lights on my weak battery EFi Suzuki some years ago, and it would not start with kick start pedal. 20min of battery charge and all was good for the next two years...! 

but in the middle of nowhere how can one charge the battery that's my question, if it happens while parked in my drive way, easy peezy to charge, when it happen to me I was 4-5 Kms away from any major road, the kick start was very rusty and didn't start either, had to push the scooter for all that distance

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

but in the middle of nowhere how can one charge the battery that's my question, if it happens while parked in my drive way, easy peezy to charge, when it happen to me I was 4-5 Kms away from any major road, the kick start was very rusty and didn't start either, had to push the scooter for all that distance

Yes, that is what I heard, electronic fuel injection needs power to inject fuel into cylinder, or the engine won't start.

Now theoretically when you kick start hard it should turn the electric generator and produce some electricity,  but a really empty battery swallows all that and it won't reach the EFi , so no injection...! 

By the way, in my case I opened the battery and walked 1.5 kilometers to charge it, better than pushing the bike... lol

3 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Yes, that is what I heard, electronic fuel injection needs power to inject fuel into cylinder, or the engine won't start.

Now theoretically when you kick start hard it should turn the electric generator and produce some electricity,  but a really empty battery swallows all that and it won't reach the EFi , so no injection...! 

By the way, in my case I opened the battery and walked 1.5 kilometers to charge it, better than pushing the bike... lol

I thought about walking carrying the battery but that meant I had to walk back as well, double distance as not sure would find somebody to drive me to a unknown location, not speaking Thai difficult to explain to the Tuk Tuk guy where the scooter and not be sure the scooter would be there when back... too many if's

• Like 1

Im thinking something smaller for thailand, crf250l perhaps? Not my first choice ...

Did the 450L end up being available in thailand or not? does anyone know? I dont see it on honda's website.

19 hours ago, mikemi said:

Im thinking something smaller for thailand, crf250l perhaps? Not my first choice ...

Did the 450L end up being available in thailand or not? does anyone know? I dont see it on honda's website.

It went all quiet with the CRF 450L , due to it only having 25 BHP and costing about 340,000 Baht.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

It went all quiet with the CRF 450L , due to it only having 25 BHP and costing about 340,000 Baht.

So, it is available then? at 340,000?

Its just the 250l looks like a bit of a lemon imo

the 450l is a bit pricey but it looks lovely, might be nice with an ecu flash etc

im thinking second hand 450l for 250,000 might be the one

8 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

I wish they still made something like this, or even better a 350.  It actually looks like a motorcycle, not a space ship.

https://japan.webike.net/images/mybike/561/561_734_L.jpg

Kawasaki Thailand still selling W models

this one is a 175cc but they also have the 250

but i guess theyre not the same as the one you posted above

download.jpg

Edited by alx123
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, simon43 said:

I just bought a secondhand Kawasaki KLX140

klx140.jpg.d8ac6f7d9c1be59da4e60892b7aba70c.jpg

I live in north Laos and an off-road bike like this is great fun to ride in the hills, and also to reach some hilltop Hmong villages (I do some educational charity work and donate teaching resources etc).

When I lived in Burma in 2015-2017, I had a Honda 125 off-road bike for similar purposes, but had to leave it behind when I moved to Luang Prabang.

The KLX140 is a small bike, but fits me just fine.  I used to ride a Honda GL1000 when in the UK, but nowadays I prefer small, 'nippy' bikes - I can't drive fast in the Lao hills anyway.....

Looks like fun!

I think many people want high powered bikes which are often heavy and expensive to buy and maintain.

In reality small and middle sized bike have often more than enough power. And they are lighter and easier to handle.

How many of the guys with big bikes in Thailand use those bikes to their limits? And how often? I bet very few and very seldom.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Looks like fun!

I think many people want high powered bikes which are often heavy and expensive to buy and maintain.

In reality small and middle sized bike have often more than enough power. And they are lighter and easier to handle.

How many of the guys with big bikes in Thailand use those bikes to their limits? And how often? I bet very few and very seldom.

When I owned my Honda GL1000 in the UK, I needed a small crane to get it upright if it fell over!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Looks like fun!

Ehm, I call this to my limit on my Versys 1000

I would say I use it 80% and more, and the torque is there when its fully loaded, and you travel fast and far with passenger. So it is not all about the speed, it is comfort while driving to. Just tell me about it, a 500 is more than eneough for driving around the local area, but as quick you load it, or go on a long fast group tour, it is to small. 

Today I let loose, and cruised fast or to fast For awhile, but god how nice feeling after you had the wind for a breef moment. 

6A7048CE-B47B-47EB-AB1D-31BE9F7F144F.jpeg

Edited by Tagged

19 hours ago, mikemi said:

So, it is available then? at 340,000?

Its just the 250l looks like a bit of a lemon imo

the 450l is a bit pricey but it looks lovely, might be nice with an ecu flash etc

im thinking second hand 450l for 250,000 might be the one

Nobody wanted them for 340,000 with just 25BHP , so i dont think Honda sold any. You certainly wont get any used , even for 250K. Have a look at the Kawasaki KLX 250. Its about the bst dual sport bike you can get in Thailand , for sensible money.

• Like 1