Jump to content
BANGKOK
Tagged

What is your next motorcycle?

Recommended Posts

Im thinking something smaller for thailand, crf250l perhaps? Not my first choice ...

 

Did the 450L end up being available in thailand or not? does anyone know? I dont see it on honda's website.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WAVE 125i with a basket.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That thing is definitely on the want-have list. But unfortunately also on the can't afford to have list.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, mikemi said:

Im thinking something smaller for thailand, crf250l perhaps? Not my first choice ...

 

Did the 450L end up being available in thailand or not? does anyone know? I dont see it on honda's website.

 

 

 

 

It went all quiet with the CRF 450L , due to it only having 25 BHP and costing about 340,000 Baht.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

It went all quiet with the CRF 450L , due to it only having 25 BHP and costing about 340,000 Baht.

 

So, it is available then? at 340,000?

 

Its just the 250l looks like a bit of a lemon imo

 

the 450l is a bit pricey but it looks lovely, might be nice with an ecu flash etc

 

im thinking second hand 450l for 250,000 might be the one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

I wish they still made something like this, or even better a 350.  It actually looks like a motorcycle, not a space ship.

 

https://japan.webike.net/images/mybike/561/561_734_L.jpg

Kawasaki Thailand still selling W models

 

this one is a 175cc but they also have the 250

 

but i guess theyre not the same as the one you posted above

 

 

download.jpg

Edited by alx123
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, simon43 said:

I just bought a secondhand Kawasaki KLX140

 

klx140.jpg.d8ac6f7d9c1be59da4e60892b7aba70c.jpg

 

I live in north Laos and an off-road bike like this is great fun to ride in the hills, and also to reach some hilltop Hmong villages (I do some educational charity work and donate teaching resources etc).

 

When I lived in Burma in 2015-2017, I had a Honda 125 off-road bike for similar purposes, but had to leave it behind when I moved to Luang Prabang.

 

The KLX140 is a small bike, but fits me just fine.  I used to ride a Honda GL1000 when in the UK, but nowadays I prefer small, 'nippy' bikes - I can't drive fast in the Lao hills anyway.....

 

Looks like fun!

I think many people want high powered bikes which are often heavy and expensive to buy and maintain.

In reality small and middle sized bike have often more than enough power. And they are lighter and easier to handle.

How many of the guys with big bikes in Thailand use those bikes to their limits? And how often? I bet very few and very seldom.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Looks like fun!

I think many people want high powered bikes which are often heavy and expensive to buy and maintain.

In reality small and middle sized bike have often more than enough power. And they are lighter and easier to handle.

How many of the guys with big bikes in Thailand use those bikes to their limits? And how often? I bet very few and very seldom.

When I owned my Honda GL1000 in the UK, I needed a small crane to get it upright if it fell over!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Looks like fun!

I think many people want high powered bikes which are often heavy and expensive to buy and maintain.

In reality small and middle sized bike have often more than enough power. And they are lighter and easier to handle.

How many of the guys with big bikes in Thailand use those bikes to their limits? And how often? I bet very few and very seldom.

Ehm, I call this to my limit on my Versys 1000

 

I would say I use it 80% and more, and the torque is there when its fully loaded, and you travel fast and far with passenger. So it is not all about the speed, it is comfort while driving to. Just tell me about it, a 500 is more than eneough for driving around the local area, but as quick you load it, or go on a long fast group tour, it is to small. 

 

Today I let loose, and cruised fast or to fast For awhile, but god how nice feeling after you had the wind for a breef moment. 

6A7048CE-B47B-47EB-AB1D-31BE9F7F144F.jpeg

Edited by Tagged

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, alx123 said:

...but i guess theyre not the same as the one you posted above ...

I think the 250 TR was a Japan/Asia only model made from about 2002 to 2014.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, mikemi said:

 

So, it is available then? at 340,000?

 

Its just the 250l looks like a bit of a lemon imo

 

the 450l is a bit pricey but it looks lovely, might be nice with an ecu flash etc

 

im thinking second hand 450l for 250,000 might be the one

Nobody wanted them for 340,000 with just 25BHP , so i dont think Honda sold any. You certainly wont get any used , even for 250K. Have a look at the Kawasaki KLX 250. Its about the bst dual sport bike you can get in Thailand , for sensible money.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...