Curfew hours to be reduced, more businesses to reopen

webfact

Curfew hours to be reduced, more businesses to reopen

By The Nation

800_be0ff6a4e962d9d.png?v=1590646767

The government plans to further reduce curfew hours and allow more businesses to reopen in the next few days.

The government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration will meet on Friday to discuss the reduction of curfew hours and reopening of more businesses, said Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesperson of the CCSA.

The curfew hours will be reduced further from the current 11pm to 4am. Earlier the curfew hours were 10pm to 4am, he said during the daily briefing on the Covid-19 situation.

More businesses -- categorised as medium to high risk for infection -- will be allowed to reopen in phase 3, but they must first get approval from the CCSA, he said.

More shops operating in department stores may be allowed to reopen as malls have well-managed prevention measures, he said.

Sports facilities will be reopened and training sessions will be allowed, he said.

Regarding traditional massage parlours or spas, the business could be allowed if the CCSA is convinced of the safety assurance by the entrepreneurs, he added.

The government has extended the state of emergency until the end of June while critics are worried about human rights abuse and hardships for people who have to do business in night time.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388650

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-28

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, garygooner said:

Suggested I believe to help morning markets. 

Curfew hours 11:00 pm to 3:00 am. 

Getting there... slowly. 

Yes but who goes out to a morning market in the middle of the night? If this stupid curfew continues to be extended, at least make the hours more sensible like 12am to 4am or 12am to 3am. More people are out late in the evening than in the very early morning hours. This change will benefit very few.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, garygooner said:

Cinemas and zoos possibly to open. 

Have zookeeper been training the penguins to stand on orange circles while waiting for fish? 

Replying to myself. Looks like cinemas won't be opening on June 1st after all coz there are no new movies to watch. 

Okay, more shops, massage & zoos then. 

15 hours ago, drbeach said:

Yes but who goes out to a morning market in the middle of the night? If this stupid curfew continues to be extended, at least make the hours more sensible like 12am to 4am or 12am to 3am. More people are out late in the evening than in the very early morning hours. This change will benefit very few.

Farm workers are in place at dawn, 5:30. Travel to field at 5:00, eat breakfast at 4:30 purchased from food truck at 4:00 which loaded up at the market at 3:00. Not everybody, not even most, live in a town.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

You would be surprised at the early  morning  market trade at 3am ! Been there, seen and done that in the past.

Staggering home looking for a kebab no doubt ????

• Haha 2

Everything should be re-opened immediately. Everything. All shops, all bars, every enterprise in the nation. This thing is under control, and the risk now, is not being able to ramp up the economy again, in any reasonable period of time, and having millions of people out of work, for extended periods of time. Let the people get back to work. The threat is over. The army needs to end their power trip, and consider the well being of the economy and the people. June 1st. Open up every business. At least the ones who have not been crippled, and are able to re-open. Tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of businesses may never be able to re-open, after this insane experiment in economic shutdown is over. It is an experiment for the rich and for government workers on a full salary! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Can I have a glass of wine with my meal now?

Or will that still cause me to die of COVID19?

Only if you actually have a meal with your glass of wine, or other alcoholic beverage.  That was the problem when they shut the bars, many, many, restaurants became bars and took the p**s, whilst the bars owners had to suffer closure.  Personally I say we should all wait for our glass of wine until all premises that sell alcohol are allowed to open again.  In the meantime we can always have a glass of wine at home, before we go to the restaurant, then another when we return home from the restaurant.  Now if those restaurants that became bars hadn't done so, maybe all restaurants wouldn't be suffering now?  You know who to blame.

18 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

I wonder how much difference the curfew has actually made, especially during the later hours

BiB can play on their phones less disturbed

19 hours ago, drbeach said:

Yes but who goes out to a morning market in the middle of the night?

The people who sell their goods at them. They have to first go to wholesaler then bring the goods to the market and set up their stalls.

Not that I can see any point to the curfew at all, COVID wise. But ending it at 3 if there is one makes some sense.

• Like 1