BANGKOK
webfact

Curfew hours to be reduced, more businesses to reopen

Curfew hours to be reduced, more businesses to reopen

By The Nation

800_be0ff6a4e962d9d.png?v=1590646767

The government plans to further reduce curfew hours and allow more businesses to reopen in the next few days.

The government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration will meet on Friday to discuss the reduction of curfew hours and reopening of more businesses, said Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesperson of the CCSA.

The curfew hours will be reduced further from the current 11pm to 4am. Earlier the curfew hours were 10pm to 4am, he said during the daily briefing on the Covid-19 situation.

More businesses -- categorised as medium to high risk for infection -- will be allowed to reopen in phase 3, but they must first get approval from the CCSA, he said.

More shops operating in department stores may be allowed to reopen as malls have well-managed prevention measures, he said.

Sports facilities will be reopened and training sessions will be allowed, he said.

Regarding traditional massage parlours or spas, the business could be allowed if the CCSA is convinced of the safety assurance by the entrepreneurs, he added.

The government has extended the state of emergency until the end of June while critics are worried about human rights abuse and hardships for people who have to do business in night time.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388650

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-28

• Sad 1

Suggested I believe to help morning markets. 

Curfew hours 11:00 pm to 3:00 am. 

Getting there... slowly. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, garygooner said:

Suggested I believe to help morning markets. 

Curfew hours 11:00 pm to 3:00 am. 

Getting there... slowly. 

Yes but who goes out to a morning market in the middle of the night? If this stupid curfew continues to be extended, at least make the hours more sensible like 12am to 4am or 12am to 3am. More people are out late in the evening than in the very early morning hours. This change will benefit very few.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, eeworldwide said:

Open it ALL up! It's only a matter of time until it all shuts down again.... Let's have a bit of normal fun before then!!

Looks like it could happen on July 1st. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, garygooner said:

Cinemas and zoos possibly to open. 

Have zookeeper been training the penguins to stand on orange circles while waiting for fish? 

Replying to myself. Looks like cinemas won't be opening on June 1st after all coz there are no new movies to watch. 

Okay, more shops, massage & zoos then. 

I wonder how much difference the curfew has actually made, especially during the later hours

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Can I have a glass of wine with my meal now?

Or will that still cause me to die of COVID19?

Sure, but it'll have the brand new corona tax of 15000%.