music in the car...

1FinickyOne

I have itunes.. and I have an ipod... 

what I need is a way to get more music from youtube onto my ipod... the tuttorials on youtube dont seem to be working...

How do you listen to music in the car? What devices do you use? 

I use spotify, on my mobile. I pay for it and I have a mobile data package. So i stream music on my phone that goes to the car audio. Works perfect. There is also a free version of spotify only I am not sure you can download songs with the free version. You can play them but then you need a data package on your phone.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Can you choose your playlist? How does that work? I like a wide assortment and probably none of it is popular today.. 

Yes you can stream your playlist. The paid version is without advertisement. Believe me the assortment is wider then you believe my dad could find all his songs.

Why dont you just apply for a spotify free version and see what you can find. I pay for spotify as i dont want any advertisements. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I only play music in the car when Mrs P is with me.  It stops her one hour phone calls.   ipad or iPhone connected by USB to my audio system works for me.  

Should work indeed that is what I did before i got spotify with and connect with bluetooth. I am sure an iphone can connect by bluetooth too. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Should work indeed that is what I did before i got spotify with and connect with bluetooth. I am sure an iphone can connect by bluetooth too. 

it can indeed.

Pity that Mrs P isn't connected to Bluetooth,  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, kenk24 said:

I have itunes.. and I have an ipod... 

what I need is a way to get more music from youtube onto my ipod... the tuttorials on youtube dont seem to be working...

after downloading the youtube videos I use Free MP4 Converter from the app store to extract the audio

Edited by sometimewoodworker

Used to do it like the way you want it. Downloaded music videos from YouTube using an app that had YouTube download support and a library in that same app. But it was buggy and was no more updates after a while. After that was hard to update and very troublesome add more music.

Using Spotify now, was skeptical at first. But now I'm very happy that I subscribed to it! Very cheap here only 129 baht per month.. really good app. You should try it. Free trial for a month.

I also listen to non mainstream music. I'm talking about Jazz Fusion, RockxJazz type of thing, Progressive Rock and also Instrumentals. Spotify has more than 90% of what I want to listen to. Few occasions that I wish it has some certain tunes and songs, but quite rarely, since it has very extensive library. And on the upside it introduces me to other non mainstream music that are similar to my taste. It's great!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, robblok said:

I use spotify, on my mobile. I pay for it and I have a mobile data package. So i stream music on my phone that goes to the car audio. Works perfect. There is also a free version of spotify only I am not sure you can download songs with the free version. You can play them but then you need a data package on your phone.

I'm also using Spotify off my cousin's shared plan and like it, another option could be Apple Music.  Selection is pretty much the same as Spotify and you get the first 3 months free.

• Like 1

My amazon Prime audio streams pretty well and when it will not connect via the mobile because of signal I just use the downloaded music I have in my offline storage of the prime audio app.  Hooks up via blue tooth with no issues.

I downloaded music I like from the internet onto a memory stick. Then I bought a player for about 300 baht that plugs into my cars cigarette lighter and uses the FM on my radio. It's much better than listening to CD's because I can listen to hundreds of songs before hearing a repeat.

• Like 2