BANGKOK
kenk24

music in the car...

I have itunes.. and I have an ipod... 

what I need is a way to get more music from youtube onto my ipod... the tuttorials on youtube dont seem to be working...

How do you listen to music in the car? What devices do you use? 

I use spotify, on my mobile. I pay for it and I have a mobile data package. So i stream music on my phone that goes to the car audio. Works perfect. There is also a free version of spotify only I am not sure you can download songs with the free version. You can play them but then you need a data package on your phone.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

So i stream music on my phone that goes to the car audio

Can you choose your playlist? How does that work? I like a wide assortment and probably none of it is popular today.. 

7 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Can you choose your playlist? How does that work? I like a wide assortment and probably none of it is popular today.. 

Yes you can stream your playlist. The paid version is without advertisement. Believe me the assortment is wider then you believe my dad could find all his songs.

Why dont you just apply for a spotify free version and see what you can find. I pay for spotify as i dont want any advertisements. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I only play music in the car when Mrs P is with me.  It stops her one hour phone calls.   ipad or iPhone connected by USB to my audio system works for me.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I only play music in the car when Mrs P is with me.  It stops her one hour phone calls.   ipad or iPhone connected by USB to my audio system works for me.  

Should work indeed that is what I did before i got spotify with and connect with bluetooth. I am sure an iphone can connect by bluetooth too. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Should work indeed that is what I did before i got spotify with and connect with bluetooth. I am sure an iphone can connect by bluetooth too. 

it can indeed.

Pity that Mrs P isn't connected to Bluetooth,  

• Haha 2

I think a lot depends on the car system, my car ford focus is relatively old. Over 5 years. Not sure how old but it already had Bluetooth and you could connect through USB. 

I found out about the application called Juke during an Uber ride when the driver looked at his phone than he did the road.

The wife listens to the Juke application always as she drives with ear pods.   It's quite a good app.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, kenk24 said:

I have itunes.. and I have an ipod... 

what I need is a way to get more music from youtube onto my ipod... the tuttorials on youtube dont seem to be working...

after downloading the youtube videos I use Free MP4 Converter from the app store to extract the audio

Edited by sometimewoodworker

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I am sure an iphone can connect by bluetooth too. 

no iphone - just samsung.. 

There are enough Internet radio station for EVERY genre possible, all free to listen to, phone to Bluetooth or USB. Done.

51 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

no iphone - just samsung.. 

I got a samsung s10 .. all phones have bluetooth. Question is more does your car system have it.