music in the car...

1FinickyOne

1 hour ago, Kurtf said:

I downloaded music I like from the internet onto a memory stick. Then I bought a player for about 300 baht that plugs into my cars cigarette lighter and uses the FM on my radio. It's much better than listening to CD's because I can listen to hundreds of songs before hearing a repeat.

Yes. I sort of have this as well... but I am now lacking a way to download songs.. I used to download from youtube to itunes but can't seem to do that anymore. 

33 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

YouTube doesn't want you to do that because you bypass the advertising

So they decided to do it a few years ago, and there was me thinking it was because I bought

a new smartphone and blamed it on that.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

So they decided to do it a few years ago, and there was me thinking it was because I bought

a new smartphone and blamed it on that.

There is a way to do it on the Mac using Firefox to download and the converter I posted to strip the audio from the video if you really want.

although you can download many of the YouTube videos using the YouTube app 

Edited by sometimewoodworker

2 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

There is a way to do it on the Mac using Firefox to download and the converter I posted to strip the audio from the video if you really want.

although you can download many of the YouTube videos using the YouTube app 

Thanks, I'll try the youtube app.

I use MyTuner app by mytuner. It has apps for Android, Apple, and PCs. Its ad supported but for about 100 baht or so, you can get rid of the ads.

It has 1000s of radio stations world-wide, including many in Thailand. (I sometimes like to listen to MET 107 out of Bangkok.) SOme of the radio stations are very focused, such as Christmas music stations that broadcast year round.

I also have Amazon Prime Unlimited, but prefer Mytuner because of the radio stations available.

I have a Huawei Y9 phone with Bluetooth, and a Toyota Vigo with Bluetooth. They pair together no problem, but the connection is lost every minute or so for 30 seconds then it re-connects. 

My phone is good in wife's Honda City, wife's Samsung is good in the Vigo.

Tried clearing the Bluetooth cache on my phone, no good.

Help anyone please.

On 5/29/2020 at 5:57 PM, possum1931 said:

Thanks, I'll try the youtube app.

I just got my SE 2020 and YouTube will allow downloads.

you do have to visit daily of every 2 days or they auto delete, but as long a you visit regularly they stay.

Edited by sometimewoodworker