Man allegedly shoots colleague for being told not to smoke in factory

webfact

Man allegedly shoots colleague for being told not to smoke in factory

By The Nation

800_86cf502638e7054.png?v=1590652964

A 27-year-old Kalasin man was arrested for an alleged gun attack on a fellow-employee at their factory in Samut Prakan province after being told not to smoke in the workplace. The suspect was arrested at 1am on Thursday (May 28).

CCTV footage from May 26 showed a man firing a gun at a colleague in the Samut Prakan factory, before the suspect fled the scene.

Nattapon Kanhom, 23, was found shot in the right hip. He said the alleged offender, later revealed as Thirawat Thamkantee, tried to shoot him five times.

Samut Prakan police came to know that Thirawat would be going see his relatives in Rayong.

The officers contacted police in Rayong who chased him to a rubber plantation. It took them two hours to arrest the suspect who was reportedly carrying a gun.

He was accused of an attempt to murder and carrying a firearm in a public place without permission and necessity.

Sory: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388664

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-28

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, CNXexpat said:

If I need a cigarette, it´s not the best idea to criticize me. ????

Why the hell is the idiot carrying a gun in a rubber factory???

Exactly. More and more gun related crimes happening in Thailand. Is gun control soon going to be on the agenda? I can see that happening. In fact, I'd be VERY surprised, if the government doesn't make it more difficult to own firearms soon. Canada reportedly recently introduced some new laws, toughening gun restrictions in the country.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

They are illegal but it´s too easy to bring them to Thailand from the surrounding countries. Also many guns from the military and police are on the market.

Guns have been legal in Thailand since 1947. One in ten people have registered owning a gun.  (Guns are no longer legal for foreigners.) 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, garygooner said:

Guns have been legal in Thailand since 1947. One in ten people have registered owning a gun.  (Guns are no longer legal for foreigners.) 

Right, but the most guns they are used in crimes are not registered.
https://pattayaone.news/thailands-gun-murder-rate/?fbclid=IwAR1EJODis67vGZ39WhrxMM8T0OQdb59BozvY09klgp0kotKGeuuRpy5E_1s

16 hours ago, webfact said:

carrying a firearm in a public place without permission and necessity.

Easy ... just ask permission next time ... can I carry a gun so I can shoot a fellow colleague for not stopping smoking ... sure ... request approved

18 hours ago, webfact said:

A 27-year-old Kalasin man was arrested for an alleged gun attack on a fellow-employee at their factory in Samut Prakan province after being told not to smoke in the workplace. The suspect was arrested at 1am on Thursday (May 28).

Some people are so touchy these days!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

If I need a cigarette, it´s not the best idea to criticize me. Remember the Snickers ad. ????

Why the hell is the idiot carrying a gun in a rubber factory???

Why "the hell is the idiot carrying a gun" ANYWHERE??

It's not easy to get a pistol here for a normal Thai person.  If you don't own property forget it,  if you not well healed forget it.   There is a mountain of paperwork, interview to attend, inspections,  questions..... The quickest way to get a license is to say you carry a lot of cash frequently or you have reported to the police an attempt was made on your life.  Will shorten the whole process from a year plus to a few months. And will you wait the few months don't get ambushed and shot!  And we were told do not offer tea money to smooth the way...it just makes them even more suspicious about you. ????

19 hours ago, garygooner said:

Got to be so careful. Don't get angry when a motorbike beeps you on the sidewalk, when smoke is blown in your face or someone jumps on the BTS before you get off. Stay calm & stay quiet. TIT. (No guns please!) 

when a motorbike beeps you on the sidewalk - footpaths are for pedestrians, not for motorcyclists. If nobody points this out to them, they'll never learn.

when smoke is blown in your face - why don't you just bend over and let them blow it up your ...? 

someone jumps on the BTS before you get off - chaos. Again, explain to them that it makes more sense to let people off before others get on. 

I completely agree with you that people should remain calm, but I do believe it is possible to point these issues out in a friendly but firm tone/manner without beind offensive or arrogant. 

Nobody needs to put up with krap. 

8 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Can you smoke in Thai jails?

Anti-smoking forces got lighting up in prison banned a few years back when they banned display of cigarettes for sale, hiked taxes, and a host of other restrictions. Maybe rising gun violence has to do with all these restrictions on stress relievers. Stress - the real health hazard.

On 5/28/2020 at 4:29 PM, djayz said:

Brain dead. Effed up his young life because of such a trivial matter. Throw the key away. 

Trivial?? Think of the extreme "loss of face" being told not to smoke! ????

Well if the so called authorities would get off their fat <deleted> and uphold the law these things would not happen. There has been a law in place since February 3 2019 banning the smoking of cigarettes in public place including pubs, clubs, public buildings etc etc but does anyone enforce NO so the authorities only have themselves to blame. 

I read the other day fine for smoking 5,000thb, fine for allowing someone to smoke on your premises 50,000thb, nice little money earner for government if they could be bothered to uphold the law

18 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Trivial?? Think of the extreme "loss of face" being told not to smoke! ????

In the larger context, even saving face is trivial in my opinion.