BANGKOK
webfact

Man allegedly shoots colleague for being told not to smoke in factory

Man allegedly shoots colleague for being told not to smoke in factory

By The Nation

800_86cf502638e7054.png?v=1590652964

A 27-year-old Kalasin man was arrested for an alleged gun attack on a fellow-employee at their factory in Samut Prakan province after being told not to smoke in the workplace. The suspect was arrested at 1am on Thursday (May 28).

CCTV footage from May 26 showed a man firing a gun at a colleague in the Samut Prakan factory, before the suspect fled the scene.

Nattapon Kanhom, 23, was found shot in the right hip. He said the alleged offender, later revealed as Thirawat Thamkantee, tried to shoot him five times.

Samut Prakan police came to know that Thirawat would be going see his relatives in Rayong.

The officers contacted police in Rayong who chased him to a rubber plantation. It took them two hours to arrest the suspect who was reportedly carrying a gun.

He was accused of an attempt to murder and carrying a firearm in a public place without permission and necessity.

Sory: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388664

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-28

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, CNXexpat said:

If I need a cigarette, it´s not the best idea to criticize me. 😇

Why the hell is the idiot carrying a gun in a rubber factory???

Exactly. More and more gun related crimes happening in Thailand. Is gun control soon going to be on the agenda? I can see that happening. In fact, I'd be VERY surprised, if the government doesn't make it more difficult to own firearms soon. Canada reportedly recently introduced some new laws, toughening gun restrictions in the country.

• Like 1

Got to be so careful. Don't get angry when a motorbike beeps you on the sidewalk, when smoke is blown in your face or someone jumps on the BTS before you get off. Stay calm & stay quiet. TIT. (No guns please!) 

5 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

They are illegal but it´s too easy to bring them to Thailand from the surrounding countries. Also many guns from the military and police are on the market.

Guns have been legal in Thailand since 1947. One in ten people have registered owning a gun.  (Guns are no longer legal for foreigners.) 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, garygooner said:

Guns have been legal in Thailand since 1947. One in ten people have registered owning a gun.  (Guns are no longer legal for foreigners.) 

Right, but the most guns they are used in crimes are not registered.
https://pattayaone.news/thailands-gun-murder-rate/?fbclid=IwAR1EJODis67vGZ39WhrxMM8T0OQdb59BozvY09klgp0kotKGeuuRpy5E_1s

Shot 5 times at close range and only hit once? Wonder what he was smoking? Will show her indoors this story, she's always tutting and rolling eyes when I fire one up....

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Wonder what he was smoking?

possibly nothing, just another fragile ego

Can you smoke in Thai jails?

16 hours ago, webfact said:

carrying a firearm in a public place without permission and necessity.

Easy ... just ask permission next time ... can I carry a gun so I can shoot a fellow colleague for not stopping smoking ... sure ... request approved

18 hours ago, webfact said:

A 27-year-old Kalasin man was arrested for an alleged gun attack on a fellow-employee at their factory in Samut Prakan province after being told not to smoke in the workplace. The suspect was arrested at 1am on Thursday (May 28).

Some people are so touchy these days!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Can you smoke in Thai jails?

Not sure about that, but if you're in the right prison you can ask the officers wife ?

• Haha 1