Jomtien Immigration - 1 Year Extension done in record time

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

STM.2 (Acknowledgement of Terms and Conditions for Permit of Temporary Stay) - the only copies I can find online are .pdfs that I can't fill out on the computer.

Fill out the .pdf using the typewriter tool of PDF-XChange Viewer.

A scanned image, I either write text on it (my phone number) using an image editor or make a .pdf and use the above.

I had both the Acknowledgements already done before I went thru last time in record time.

He didn't give me the 90-day "show bankbook" doc though. Hope he remembers. ????

10 hours ago, chang50 said:

No need for a one year bank statement showing you kept the minimum amounts in your account I presume from your list?

As noted, I provided a letter from the bank as well as photocopies of my bankbook.

I noticed when he looked at the bankbook page, he highlighted the current balance as well as the balance from 3 lines up (which I think was the update I did just before I did my extension last year). Probably did that to highlight that I'd kept the "minimum balance" in the account all year I suppose.

15 hours ago, Kerryd said:

STM.2 (Acknowledgement of Terms and Conditions for Permit of Temporary Stay) - the only copies I can find online are .pdfs that I can't fill out on the computer.

Open the PDF in Adobe and use the free Fill and Sign facility to fill it out.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kerryd said:

For my Multi Re-Entry Permit:
3,800 baht fee

So planning on leaving and actually coming back multiple times in the next year eh? I'll be saving my 3800THB until the situation become clearer.

• Like 1

I always get the Multi. Saves me forgetting or doing something silly like popping into Cambodia or Laos for a day and then finding out I just voided my Extension.

And I do have plans for travelling within the next year. As was just posted in the Pattaya forum, it's been announced that the "lockdown" will end (completely) on 1 July, including any restrictions on inter-provincial and international travel. 

(Barring and changes between now and then.)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

So planning on leaving and actually coming back multiple times in the next year eh? I'll be saving my 3800THB until the situation become clearer.

Right on ????

On Koh Samui we have to get a medical certificate from the doctor cannot be older than 7 days prior to application can never understand why every IO is different it should be a set pro for a throughout the Kingdom

They charge 250baht for the medical certificate surprised they do t insist on a dental check as well ☹️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jaxxper said:

Right on ????

My thoughts as well and do you realise that on returning the current rule is you have to have a $100,000 insurance policy which has a written in clause stating your covered for Corona 19 and also a clean medical certificate no older than 72 hours before yo-yo depart from your exiting country both of these are impossible to get my wife is stuck in the U.K. and has made numerous enquires only to get the response “ Sorry we cannot provide what your requesting “

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

I always get the Multi. Saves me forgetting or doing something silly like popping into Cambodia or Laos for a day and then finding out I just voided my Extension.

And I do have plans for travelling within the next year. As was just posted in the Pattaya forum, it's been announced that the "lockdown" will end (completely) on 1 July, including any restrictions on inter-provincial and international travel. 

(Barring and changes between now and then.)

Make sure you fulfil the requirement for getting back into the kingdom $100,000 insurance policy with the words covered for Corona virus written into it and a medical certificate no older than 72 hours before you re enter the kingdom stating you are free from Corona virus . I think you will find it impossible to get these therefore you will be refused entry if your a Thai National you don’t need the insurance but do require the medical certificate I hear that you can get a signed medical certificate in London for £350

4 hours ago, Kerryd said:

As noted, I provided a letter from the bank as well as photocopies of my bankbook.

I noticed when he looked at the bankbook page, he highlighted the current balance as well as the balance from 3 lines up (which I think was the update I did just before I did my extension last year). Probably did that to highlight that I'd kept the "minimum balance" in the account all year I suppose.

Thank you..

But it will be a different thing once that suspending because the virus ends ….and the masses need to do whatever they need to do for their status , as many would not have taken the opportunity to fly out anyway ,even when there are flights out ….just taking advantage 

17 hours ago, BigStar said:

Fill out the .pdf using the typewriter tool of PDF-XChange Viewer.

A scanned image, I either write text on it (my phone number) using an image editor or make a .pdf and use the above.

I had both the Acknowledgements already done before I went thru last time in record time.

He didn't give me the 90-day "show bankbook" doc though. Hope he remembers. ????

As long you remembers it has to stay full until that certain date there is no problem.....????  your bankbook is the final judge by the new application  

5 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Pretty sure you don’t have to have the whole balance for 1 year ..Just the last 3 months if renewing.Please correct me if I’m wrong. Am interested to know.

6 minutes ago, Silent Number said:

Pretty sure you don’t have to have the whole balance for 1 year ..Just the last 3 months if renewing.Please correct me if I’m wrong. Am interested to know.

Yeah, 3 months before applying and 2 months after the renewal is approved. Then you can take up to half of it out so long as you replace it a couple months later again.

I just leave the entire amount in there. 

4 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Yeah, 3 months before applying and 2 months after the renewal is approved. Then you can take up to half of it out so long as you replace it a couple months later again.

I just leave the entire amount in there. I am renewing my non o married to Thai visa soon was told by immigration I have to apply for a completely new visa because my last visa was done in another country. As it is a new visa IO told me my money in bank only had to be in 2 months first time then 3 months every renewal. A yearly renewal not 90 day reporting. 800k in bank.

2 hours ago, Silent Number said:

Forgot to mention my last visa was done by Thai Consulate in my country not IO

IT is extensions of stay that are being discussed here, not actual visa applications. 

For an extension you must 800k baht 2 months before and 3 months after the application. The rest of the time you must maintain a minimum balance of 400k. 

I recently extended for another year and took the multi re-entry option. I used to leave/re-enter 8-10 times per year but now it is usually just 2-3 times. I could sane money by getting single re-entries but just don't want the  hastle. And if were to leave at short notice the last thing I'd want to be thinking about was if I could get my re-entry permit before leaving. 

Edited by Geordie59

You must have forgotten to mention one document/copies. Either you had a 12 months bank statement, copies of your bank book 1 year back or you have a Fixed Deposit Account. I did my extension yesterday at Jomtien Immigration and I copied my bank book pages 1 year back instead of paying 200 baht for a 12 months bank statement at Bangkok Bank. 

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

You must have forgotten to mention one document/copies. Either you had a 12 months bank statement, copies of your bank book 1 year back or you have a Fixed Deposit Account. I did my extension yesterday at Jomtien Immigration and I copied my bank book pages 1 year back instead of paying 200 baht for a 12 months bank statement at Bangkok Bank. 

That's good to know if they are happy with that..