Favorite 7-11's BKK and Favorite Foods

Geeyore

There are seven 7-11s within 5 minutes walk from my place. And as many of you know, Thailand is #2 globally after Japan with number of 7-11s. Other interesting but useless Thai 7-11 trivia can easily Googled.

But my question is... Which 7-11 in Krung Thep Mahanokon is your favorite and why.? Is it super frigid air; good selection of prepared foods; good selection of beer and booze; a place to sit (in COVIT) to savor your Americano mai wan? What is it about your fave 7-11?

No need to reveal your secret fave location. Just what you like. And why.

Edited by Geeyore
  • Sad 1

Seven 7/11's within 5 minutes walk?  Wow you are lucky.   My closest is about 3 minutes and I go there about twice a week (it's actually right next to the BTS so I go when I'm leaving the BTS and the 3 minutes is walking home).   

If I'm coming from home I go to the MaxValue which is less than a 2 minute walk from my condo.  

There is a Tops Supermarket less than 10 minutes walk from me at True Digital Park but I'm usually too lazy to bother going there.

1 hour ago, itsallmine68 said:

Hate 7-11 and that Ding Dong when you enter or leave

Better to buy at Mom and Pops support the local economy rather thant send it to the people who arent local

Many 7-11 franchises are owned by locals, employ locals and receive their stock from local delivery drivers/firms but you don't think that supporting that part of the local economy is justified?

• Haha 1

I especially appreciate the ones with a seat (pre-corona) and good window views for enjoing a quick coffee while charging phone. The discount Starbucks experience for 25 Baht I guess ????. Cheers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Firefan said:

I especially appreciate the ones with a seat (pre-corona) and good window views for enjoing a quick coffee while charging phone. The discount Starbucks experience for 25 Baht I guess ????. Cheers!

Yep, the best I ever saw for that is in Udon Thani opposite Villa Market, heaps of motorcycle parking too.

90% of what 7-Elevens (correct spelling) sell in Thailand is complete artificial, rubbish, nutrition-free junk food. You'd be better off eating a piece of cardboard. As to the 10% of stuff they sell that isn't nutritional rubbish, almost nobody seems to buy that stuff. Avoid 7-Elevens like the plague! (A pity because the same stores in Japan actually carry a lot of really high-quality foods.) If you want to know why Thais are nowadays fat and Japanese are not, look no further than the sorry excuses for "foods" that are sold in Thai 7-Elevens.

The name 7/11 comes from the original stores in the US, whose operating hours were from 7am to 11pm, which, at the time, was unheard of. I remember when they first opened. As kids we spent a lot of money on Slurpees.

• Like 1

Ratchadaphisek Soi 6 (Tha Pra)

used to live round the corner and was addicted to a clam burger they used to sell in 2008 ish.

It was something that shouldn’t be. I have no idea what was in it besides clams.

19 Baht and I ate one every day for 6 months.

EDIT: Blimey; I found a reference to it online #memories 

BFA4771F-F16A-4233-9A53-13A98078219F.jpeg

Edited by Jajazazajaja
  • Haha 1

I now have four 7s within a ten minute walk and one is five minutes. I love 7 and I would actually walk farther to shop at 7 than family. But I'm boycotting now because I'm not bothering with the covid tracker. They even have a little store minion monitor.

So I go to Max Value which is ten minutes.

You lose 7