Have you got a safe?

stubuzz

8 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

"Most common thieves will walk away"  I agree--but then they would from 95% of safes, because they are not carrying the tools at the time. but if its a large safe. Not a hidden away like an under floor in the wall type, then it is viewed over a time period by different people-- tradesmen  "friends"--Girls, visitors.    From my experience when they know the safe is there Its a lot easier and safer to remove it on a small folding trolley, then it is to open it on site. I couldn't count the number of times an owner open the door to just see a space where his unmovable safe used to be.

Folding Two Wheels Shopping Cart Hand Trolley Prices

Obviously a home safe is not a piece of furniture you'd put in an open area to display. It should be somewhere no visitor or tradesmen would see

9 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

It should be somewhere no visitor or tradesmen would see

No 85% are kept in the home office----no cleaning lady, no visitor to the office, no tradesman when something goes wrong......& what do you think of the Thai people that installed it..? yes, its all a 100% a secret I'm sure.

Now your talking about hidden---& that's silly because there is no comparison to a cube standing in the corner of (what ever room no one is allowed to go in) to something level with the floor the size of a dinner plate.

Did you read post #36

When things were quite & I had to move into sales for periods--Chubb instructed us to undersell the floor safes, it drove them mad, there was little profit compared to a great big shinny Kick $SS free standing safe.

I take it you have brought a free standing safe---I am sure your be happy and secure with it----Thailand doesn't have a culture like London /America etc.

Once again everything I am quoting is 40 years old--So where do I keep my gold / cash things that for me are irreplaceable. I pay 20 baht a week..(1,000baht a year) to keep them in a Vault surrounded by 8 inch steel & state of the art alarm systems --& with a security guard.

Yer I took out a safety deposit box at the bank.

21 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

No 85% are kept in the home office----no cleaning lady, no visitor to the office, no tradesman when something goes wrong......& what do you think of the Thai people that installed it..? yes, its all a 100% a secret I'm sure.

Now your talking about hidden---& that's silly because there is no comparison to a cube standing in the corner of (what ever room no one is allowed to go in) to something level with the floor the size of a dinner plate.

Did you read post #36

When things were quite & I had to move into sales for periods--Chubb instructed us to undersell the floor safes, it drove them mad, there was little profit compared to a great big shinny Kick $SS free standing safe.

I take it you have brought a free standing safe---I am sure your be happy and secure with it----Thailand doesn't have a culture like London /America etc.

Once again everything I am quoting is 40 years old--So where do I keep my gold / cash things that for me are irreplaceable. I pay 20 baht a week..(1,000baht a year) to keep them in a Vault surrounded by 8 inch steel & state of the art alarm systems --& with a security guard.

I might have misunderstood the op. I thought he was talking about a home safe, not an office / home office safe. 

No, I don't have a safe at home. If I ever buy one I'm not going to invest thousands of $ as when you spend on a safe you have to consider the value of what you plan to store in it. If you don't have the amount of gold supposedly kept at fort Knox you don't need a fort Knox type safe. 

Also, if I buy a safe I'll probably get a trusted friend to help me carry and install it in a place in the house no one has any business going into and it will be much more trouble to break into or remove the safe than the value of what's inside. I will certainly NOT dig a hole in the floor. 

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

Did you read post #36

Safety deposit boxes are inconvenient IMO, for example if you have documents in there you need a quick photo copy of ( weekends / holidays / working hours etc ).

Also the dimensions you mention are small, i'm sure bigger ones may be available albeit at a cost and less available.

2 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

No, don't have a safe

Having a safe means you have something of value to protect

How safe is it going to be if a armed intruder is standing with his gun pointed at your wife or children demanding you open it

Think about it 

Could be papers you need to protect from fire, and other personal belongings. We have two safes, one with lead as said before and one hidden that is fireproof. Just original documents that is important to ave, like divorce papers, license, extra visa card, passport, etc, 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tagged said:

Could be papers you need to protect from fire, and other personal belongings. We have two safes, one with lead as said before and one hidden that is fireproof. Just original documents that is important to ave, like divorce papers, license, extra visa card, passport, etc, 

very sensible and a much better reason to have a safe than to protect against possible theft. 

• Like 2