Only 128 virus cases detected among thousands of returnees

snoop1130

1 hour ago, jimn said:

I believe this is the case, but I found an older article from April that said they are only temperature checked and only people exceeding 38° sent to hospital for testing. This may well have changed in line with what you have posted and what I think is the case.

http://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG200416212142606

I second that as i have witnessed this myself that all Thais who travelled from USA, transitted in Korea then to THailanad have been tested within State Quaratine Hotel.  I cannot speak for land borders but Air yes.  They get tested twice and have to report temperature everyday even without symptons, they get tested.   I cannot speak for land crossings etc.

However, this makes me feel that general public is not actually tested because the number of tests plus quaratiine dont add up.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DrTuner said:

What percentage of them has actually been tested?

I wonder if they are eve tested.  I suspect the ones showing symptoms such as fever are tested.  We all know there are many asymptomatic carriers.

5 hours ago, cheapcanuck said:

It's a decimal mistake.  A common mistake.

like in "one for you, one for me" when the missus divides the cash ???? ???? ????

1. Malaysia

2. India

3. USA

Malaysia is understandable because it is a neighbour country and with ethnic ties to the south of Thailand.

I wonder why so many Thai people go to India and USA?

Edited by EricTh

6 hours ago, Don Mega said:

128 out of 27000 is 0.047%.... Really ?

Anywho, whilst the percentages are low (0.475%),  thats 128 less infected people out and about spreading the disease.

Assuming all were actually quarantined as well as every other person that arrived with them.

How can someone be less infected? Can they measure the level of one’s infection? ???? 

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

1. Malaysia

2. India

3. USA

Malaysia is understandable because it is a neighbour country and with ethnic ties to the south of Thailand.

I wonder why so many Thai people go to India and USA?

Why do most people move to another country....for work or school opportunities. I knew many Thai immigrants in the US, mostly working in Thai restaurants or studying.

On 5/28/2020 at 8:02 PM, Raphus said:

It seems that either the journalist or the Thai Government cannot calculate percentages. 128 out of 27000 = 0.047%. Not 0.47% which has been written  in the article.

I hope this is a mistake by the journalist. If this is from the Government, it could explain the reason the state of emergency is until June 30th !!!

Lol you are funny. Its you that cant calculate percentages.

19 hours ago, Wullie Mercer said:

As 0.47% is  128/27000 X 100 what are you saying????

Yes.

What im saying is the article was actually correct. (when i read it anyway)

This whole <deleted> started because an earlier poster was criticizing the article because he thought it said 0.047%

• Like 1