Massage shops urged to avoid employing masseurs returning from abroad

snoop1130

By The Nation

800_fc037c55f723d98.jpg

Photo credit: PxHere

The Public Health Ministry is urging massage parlours to hold off on employing foreign returnees for at least a month since their return from overseas.

Dr Tares Krassanairawiwong, head of the Department of Health Service Support, said plans are being made to allow massage parlours to reopen as part of the easing of restrictions, and the department is currently discussing prevention measures with massage shop operators.

Massage parlours will be required to screen both the masseur’s and client’s temperature, mats must be placed two metres apart and both the client and masseur must wear a face mask at all times. He said the wearing of a mask during massage does not affect the respiratory or circulator system in any way. Massage shops and customers are also required to register on the ThaiChana platform.

“Only one-hour massages are allowed for now, and masseurs cannot work on the area above the shoulders. Extension of the massage period will be considered later,” Tares said.

He has also asked massage parlour owners to temporarily not employ masseurs returning from overseas for at least a month from the date of arrival.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388678?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-28

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Strange about not employing any returned from abroad in the last month, it's as if 14 days quarantine isn't long enough

Yes, it is very strange.

Did the government just let on that the 14 day quarantine period is not effective?

We're already seeing people required to isolate if they travel to different provinces inside Thailand, even if they came from another place that has no cases at all - all the time there's ZERO new cases, or so we're told.

I can smell bullshot in the air, I'm just not entirely sure where it's coming from at this stage.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Yes, it is very strange.

Did the government just let on that the 14 day quarantine period is not effective?

We're already seeing people required to isolate if they travel to different provinces inside Thailand, even if they came from another place that has no cases at all - all the time there's ZERO new cases, or so we're told.

I can smell bullshot in the air, I'm just not entirely sure where it's coming from at this stage.

i read somewhere that China was extending quarantine to 21 days so maybe something in the air

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Ohhhh dear, I wonder what all those thousands of returning "little ghosts" are going to do now....

I'm sure the PM has a plan just for you within the multi trillion baht salvage package, as minister have been given guidelines on how to spend it wisely!

And for all the old expats who don't have a qrtxz code on their phone that only makes calls, not one used for photography, in-house disco dancing, art house movie making, and remote fruit shake whirly blending?

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Public Health Ministry is urging massage parlours to hold off on employing foreign returnees for at least a month since their return from overseas.

This is just so wrong. Two weeks in quarantine is more than enough. It's just more of their scare and control tactics.

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i read somewhere that China was extending quarantine to 21 days so maybe something in the air

14 days was not enough to deplete the supplies people had in their apartments. They need 21 days to starve the infected to death before unsealing the doors.

59 minutes ago, hackjam said:

So, right now in Pattaya, are massage shops open or when will they open?

There are officially no massage places open for business in Pattaya or Bangkok.

Unofficially, maybe 15% of places never closed.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Massage shops and customers are also required to register on the ThaiChana platform.

Does using a Line code mean I am registered on the platform or is there something additional that I must download and install?

Two-week tourists, when they return, won't in any great number have an international I-phone to unstall an app just to get a massage. You can sign in elsewhere with a pen, so why not at massage shops?