Flights into BKK from UK?

So what is the situation this month regarding those wishing to enter Thailand from UK.

I would like to fly in towards the end of this month.

Will I be required to provide health certificates etc? Iso what kind?

What types of visa will be allowed?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

The State of Emergency is reported to be lifted on that date with borders reopened and international passenger flights allowed.

Any link to this? I realise it's just a report not confirmation.

29 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Any link to this? I realise it's just a report not confirmation.

BP has it amongst others.  Best line below, carry on clampdown....

"Authorities will have serious discussions because after the emergency decree ends, other laws will be used instead," he said.

17 hours ago, umlungu2012 said:

I think this is outdated. At present it is ONLY Thai nationals, with a limit on daily arrival numbers for them, as well as compulsory government-provided 14-day quarantine. Don't bother booking anything until July at the very least. I guess it will also largely depend on your port of departure for Thailand and where you have resided prior to that. 

WP holders are now seemingly permitted on the repatriation flights, as long as they jump through the other hoops.  This was released yesterday and there's been some mention in the news about it.

image.png.95c93e4655164f375259f80245c7155a.png

Page 2 gave the conditions, roughly as per post 3.  The flights can only booked via an Embassy.

There are no flights from the U.K. to Thailand and if there was you have to meet to conditions set by the Thai Government

1, Every foreigner entering Thailand must now have $100,000 insurance policy stating in the policy that you are covered for Corona 19 ( this only applies to foreigners not Thai nationals )

2, A medical certificate must be issued prior to flying the certificate cannot be older than 72 hours before departure and must confirm that you are free of Corona 19 ( this includes all Thai nationals as well as foreigners entering b from other countries )

As a foreigner if you fail to have the above you will be refused boarding onto your flight. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 5/28/2020 at 10:24 PM, umlungu2012 said:

I think this is outdated. At present it is ONLY Thai nationals, with a limit on daily arrival numbers for them, as well as compulsory government-provided 14-day quarantine. Don't bother booking anything until July at the very least. I guess it will also largely depend on your port of departure for Thailand and where you have resided prior to that. 

Your wrong! Dont write on here when you dont know what your talking about!!!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, misterphil said:

If he is wrong,what is right ?

That would have been more helpful....

I am with him..... normal commercial flight arrivals are banned.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

These are old rules. Not true anymore. No one knows what next rules will be.

Those are not old rules. They were announced just a couple of days ago concerning people with wp, PR-visa or with families in Thailand who will be able to book a flight if approved by a Thai embassy/Consulate-General. 

Edited by Max69xl

2 hours ago, misterphil said:
On 5/28/2020 at 5:24 PM, umlungu2012 said:

I think this is outdated. At present it is ONLY Thai nationals, with a limit on daily arrival numbers for them, as well as compulsory government-provided 14-day quarantine. //

Sorry but @umlungu2012 is right!

Here are the rules as for today on the airlines IATA base :

Thailand
Published 27.04.2020
Flights to Thailand are suspended.
- This does not apply to state or military aircraft, emergency landing, technical landing without disembarkation, humanitarian aid, medical, relief and repatriation flights. Passengers are subject to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. Airline crew must observe self-quarantine during their stay until the next flight schedule.

Edited by Pattaya46

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

Those are not old rules. They were announced just a couple of days ago concerning people with wp, PR-visa or with families in Thailand who will be able to book a flight if approved by a Thai embassy/Consulate-General. 

There was an order a few days ago for people with PR or WP, but no date on when this will apply.

BTW, if people with family in Thailand were able to enter soon,

you could be sure that there would be a huge thread about that on this forum !

Sadly those with family are not in the priority list... No date for them yet.

Edited by Pattaya46

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

There was an order a few days ago for people with PR or WP, but no date on when this will apply.

BTW, if people with family in Thailand were able to enter soon,

you could be sure that there would be a huge thread about that on this forum !

Sadly those with family are not in the priority list... No date for them yet.

Only Work Permit, not PR, and it applied immediately.  However it also mentioned it should be applied for 10 days in advance of planned travel so there's probably no-one taken advantage of it yet.

When it starts, they'll be on repatriation flights, not scheduled services, so the IATA rules will not apply (although most of them still do) and will not be used to deny boarding if the  Embassy paperwork is in place.

Edited by treetops