Change Nigerian & Bangladesh money

I returned from Nigeria and Bangladesh with some local money. Visiting places like Superrich I find that I am unable to change these currencies in Bangkok. does anybody know anywhere these can be changed.

• Haha 2

Whilst I was in Ubon in March and covid was starting to take effect. Most banks stopped taking foreign currency as they believed it could be carrying the covid virus. Such is the Thai paranoia and hysteria over the whole pandemic. I was lucky because my Dollars were crisp and sequential numbers. Therefore I could change them. But even back mid March they were very hesitant to do it. So good luck. Bangladesh and India. I doubt anybody in Thailand will touch it..

• Like 1

Thanks Joe. Since it is unlikely I will visit these countries again I may mail the money to friends there and hope that it arrives. Not my preferred choice though, the chance of it arriving is slim.

Even in Nigeria once changing my flight date at Murthalla Mohammed airport, I had to pay in dollars while that is against the law, but only USD accepted or could not change flight …. pure blackmail

….., poster must had his Nairas in Nigeria, so then now he would know why everymarket place  has several black market changers  who have Nigerian military standing with them for protecting their money