BANGKOK
NCC1701A

1 July for the lifting of all lockdowns

We need to wait for the details, both for Vietnam and Thailand. For those two countries although they said they want to open on July 1st, I am not clear about quarantine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, JohnBZ said:

I did not see July 1 as the fully open date in any major news outlet.  is this for real?

Vietnam is fully open on July 1.  Thailand needs to hurry up to stay competitive in the internal travel arena.

It's on both the Thaiger and the bangkok post. But you're right. For now I'm going to keep looking every day on the Finn Air flight schedule since they already announced a while back to be resuming flights. So I won't have to pay double or twice the normal rate, if I can book it fast.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, reallyaffiliated said:

It's on both the Thaiger and the bangkok post. But you're right. For now I'm going to keep looking every day on the Finn Air flight schedule since they already announced a while back to be resuming flights. So I won't have to pay double or twice the normal rate, if I can book it fast.

Good luck and I hope it all works out well for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Finnair ?

Take some butties cock. 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, HerbyJFlash said:

I hate to burst your bubble as I too am in the same boat but we still face many problems...

1. How will we get Covid insurance ?(Likely to be compulsory to enter Thailand )

2. Will we face 2 weeks quarantine on arrival? (I assume so)

3. How will we get medical certificate proving we are covid free? (also likely to be compulsory and difficult to obtain ).

4. We are behind a huge back log of expatriates and Thais still waiting to get back to Thailand. They will be on flights before us. 

5. Before lockdown certain high risk countries were made to meet special requirements , if your from US or UK we are about as high risk as it gets. We will probably be last to be permitted entry.

Again, I hate to sound negative but it’s not as simple as the lockdown ending on July 1st. 

Very true man. If it's just a question of money I don't mind spending it, and I'm also okay with a 14 day quarantee.

It's all a guessing game now though... However it's still great news today. 🙂 

• Like 1

Removed some off-topic posts and the replies to them.

• Like 1