1 July for the lifting of all lockdowns

NCC1701A

9 minutes ago, reallyaffiliated said:

I just came off the phone with the Thai embassy in the Netherlands. They told me to wait till there were any airlines confirming their flights, then I could book and apply for the same kinds of Visa's as before. They seemed really positive on the phone. Let's see...

embassy = foreign affairs ministry

immigration = interior ministry

airlines = transport ministry

covid 19 restrictions = health ministry

unfortunately in Thailand it happens very often the

right hand don't know what the left hand is doing

and there is no head with a brain at the top to coordinate all the mess

Edited by kingofthemountain

Just now, kingofthemountain said:

With Thai airways ?

(Just kidding, but good luck anyway

i doubt you can enter Thailand as a tourist the 1st july)

ONLY one airline flies direct AFAIK - Scoot. And they're cheap(er).

In my case I had no choice - in order to extend my visa here I had to have a flight booked - and this was the first scheduled flight on Google. I deliberately stated no baggage in case I lose the ticket entirely but I look at the cost as part of the visa-extension payment.

Of course if I try and board and they tell me "no" it will be interesting to see what will happen with my (expired) visa.

And I will try and play the "re-uniting with family" card - maybe that will help.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

embassy = foreign affairs ministry

immigration = interior ministry

covid 19 restrictions = health ministry

unfortunately in Thailand it happens very often the

right hand don't know what the left hand is doing

and there is no head with a brain at the top to coordinate all the mess

Hmm I guess it's all a waiting game. But I do think what he said on the phone to inform with the airlines is a good idea, I think that if an airline can confirm that they will in fact fly to BKK on set date that they wouldn't just say that without confirmation from the government. That's also what the guy from the embassy told me.

23 minutes ago, nglodnig said:

In my case I had no choice - in order to extend my visa here I had to have a flight booked - and this was the first scheduled flight

Don't quite follow. What permission of stay did you extend and where? 

That is great, but what will be required to enter the country? . Medical certificate that you are virus free? 1 million in medical insurance. If this is what will be the requirements I don't think to many people will arrive in amazing thailand.

I myself have not seen my wife an son for 8 months, already booked flight for the 8th of July, but as stated who knows what will be the requirements?

3 minutes ago, uffe123 said:

That is great, but what will be required to enter the country? . Medical certificate that you are virus free? 1 million in medical insurance. If this is what will be the requirements I don't think to many people will arrive in amazing thailand.

I myself have not seen my wife an son for 8 months, already booked flight for the 8th of July, but as stated who knows what will be the requirements?

Even though it seems high lots of health insurance have that high of a coverage.

20 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

The Thai govt has set 1 July for the lift of all lockdowns, said the National Security Council chief. These include international travel, as well as the end of emergency decree and curfew.

Yes then we can get back to having 55 people a day killed each and every day in traffic accidents and not shut the country down and have no one care. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Hmm I guess it's all a waiting game. But I do think what he said on the phone to inform with the airlines is a good idea, I think that if an airline can confirm that they will in fact fly to BKK on set date that they wouldn't just say that without confirmation from the government. That's also what the guy from the embassy told me.

They will have flights up with tickets to be sold but you might not know if you will be able to board or the flight will go until sometime near the week before. I bought a China Airlines ticket to Taipei end of April. Kept calling once each week, and it was all systems go. Then called last Friday and they said as I was a non citizen/resident I could not board my June 1 flight, but maybe in July...I would get full refund for the June ticket and could buy a new one. Told me to call around June 20 to see if I could board in July. They set up the flights but will knock them down the moment they are told a new extended ban is on.

• Like 1

Just now, vermin on arrival said:

They will have flights up with tickets to be sold but you might not know if you will be able to board or the flight will go until sometime near the week before. I bought a China Airlines ticket to Taipei end of April. Kept calling once each week, and it was all systems go. Then called last Friday and they said as I was a non citizen/resident I could not board my June 1 flight, but maybe in July...I would get full refund for the June ticket and could buy a new one. Told me to call around June 20 to see if I could board in July. They set up the flights but will knock them down the moment they are told a new extended ban is on.

Yup. I just bought a ticket for 3rd of July - Amsterdam -> Bangkok with Lufthansa, their support told me the flight will go. So fingers crossed. Will visit the embassy next week for my visa.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Yup. I just bought a ticket for 3rd of July - Amsterdam -> Bangkok with Lufthansa, their support told me the flight will go. So fingers crossed. Will visit the embassy next week for my visa.

Yeah, I was told the same. Good luck. All people who are not officially residents who need to get somewhere will need it. I regret not having incorporated and making myself an official resident of Taiwan. Since my I wasn't there full time or working, I always thought next year when I get more serious. Now I am screwed with a flat paid in advance for the full year unused and unable to get home.

Edited by vermin on arrival

3 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Ok, the summer months are ok in the UK, the rest of the year is cold and horrible. I actually prefer the Thai climate, don't even mind the hot months or the rainy season.

I don't beleive anyone that says they like temperatures in the 40 c range, I'm not buying into that,totally uncomfortable.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Cant see tourists coming in At least until October -November earliest 

As Thais have priority then those foreigners with work permits and families here in Thailand 

And  this is if airlines in european countries will be  flying with restricted numbers in seating ect

tt 

Cant  see many tourists before Christmas 2020

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fordguy61mi said:

The US states are opening up. Cases are declining. The curve is flattened. Only the state’s Democrat Governors are resisting Trump’s declaration to open up. It’s all political. There is no reason the US should be excluded from traveling to Thailand on July 1.

There is every reason to exclude the US from any plans to let people in. Its a hotbed of disease. Same as the UK. It has 'declined' to 2000 cases a day.

No thanks.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vermin on arrival said:

Yeah, I was told the same. Good luck. All people who are not officially residents who need to get somewhere will need it. I regret not having incorporated and making myself an official resident of Taiwan. Since my I wasn't there full time or working, I always thought next year when I get more serious. Now I am screwed with a flat paid in advance for the full year unused and unable to get home.

Thanks man you too. Nothing to lose basically I was told I would get a full refund within 7 days in case the flight got cancelled.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Traubert said:

There is every reason to exclude the US from any plans to let people in. Its a hotbed of disease. Same as the UK. It has 'declined' to 2000 cases a day.

Not to forget China, the breeding ground for all these viruses. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Not to forget China, the breeding ground for all these viruses. 

And the Thais want to let the Chinese tourists back in? No prize for guessing who the grand master is in Asia.

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Traubert said:

No thanks.

Greece seems to think the same.

They open for tourists from a lot of weird countries,  like Albania and Northern Macedonia. And Germany. And China. And Denmark,  Finland,  Norway. 

Not on the list of countries whose people can come to Greece:

UK (big market), USA, France.

Not on the list: Sweden.

Greece is so far thre most successful country in Europe,  as far as Corona goes. I am sure Thailand is watching closely. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:
6 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Ok, the summer months are ok in the UK, the rest of the year is cold and horrible. I actually prefer the Thai climate, don't even mind the hot months or the rainy season.

I don't beleive anyone that says they like temperatures in the 40 c range, I'm not buying into that,totally uncomfortable.

40°C must be in Isaan !

Pattaya by example very rarely reach 35°C

and averages high about 31-32°C. Comfortable ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, uhuh said:

Greece seems to think the same.

They open for tourists from a lot of weird countries,  like Albania and Northern Macedonia. And Germany. And China. And Denmark,  Finland,  Norway. 

Not on the list of countries whose people can come to Greece:

UK (big market), USA, France.

Not on the list: Sweden.

Greece is so far thre most successful country in Europe,  as far as Corona goes. I am sure Thailand is watching closely. 

29 nationalities allowed in, but Thais not. Guess why?

3 hours ago, reallyaffiliated said:

I guarantee that you will not be allowed entry to Thailand, I doubt if you will even be allowed to check in. That is if the flight is not cancelled 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jimn said:

I guarantee that you will not be allowed entry to Thailand, I doubt if you will even be allowed to check in. That is if the flight is not cancelled 

We'll see. The sales guy told me I can get my money back in case the flight got cancelled or I cannot board for whatever reason. (always record my calls in case something happens, so got it on tape in case they'll be difficult about it)

Edited by reallyaffiliated
extra
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2020 at 11:57 AM, reallyaffiliated said:

Finally I can see my girlfriend again. Best news, and I got it on my birthday. Already told her this was the best possible birthday present. ????

Not so fast...

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/thai-travel-restrictions-to-continue-beyond-july-1-301934?fbclid=IwAR0sQ0PPQl8mEJ4Jey1Q-F0Ilgdk_qUkHxs1flCYuF5A8e0r9HVgBvsLkVg

:sorry:

1 hour ago, Ryan754326 said:

I’m Canadian, and you’ll never hear me complain about the heat. 40 beats -40 any day. 

-40? Sorry to hear you live near the arctic circle, the winters are quite mild where I lve, and short, it's quite liveable. I just can't handle the high heat, too hot to even go outside, I seen 46 in isaan, 

no thanks.