BANGKOK

Anybody know what type of bait would be best to use to catch Tookgays in those glue mousetraps?

• Sad 5

Posted (edited)

Delete, now presume you mean tokay geko rather than just geko?

Edited by Trillian

Yes I'm talking about the big Tokay's, not jingjoks or geckos.  Several have invaded my room, and I cannot get rid of them. They hide behind furniture and everwhere.  I want to bait some of those big glue mousetraps, and try to catch them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

5 hours ago, nikmar said:

i would love a tookay in my home. been getting a few cockroaches and the cat cant be bothered getting off her fat <deleted> to get them so a decent sized tookay would be just the ticket. Also, it would have the added bonus of p***ing the wife off. 🙂

Moved into a jungle house that had a resident cat.  I stayed there for ten years, fed it occasionally whole fresh fish. It survived on snakes, rats and tokays and was happy as larry. Said goodbye to it when I moved out 6 years ago. 

Going on holiday was never an issue, it would come running as soon as I got back home. 

Stop feeding your cat and it will either get its act together or move out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I don't mind the tokays, but it p's me off when they shout in the early hours and wake me up. Bloody thing has got inside my suspended ceiling, and makes an almighty racket.

Agree.  Here's the thing, you can have 100 of them around the house, they'll make a boatload of racket and you'll never sleep, and everyplace is STILL full of bugs.  So, I'll take the bugs and no noise from the lizards.  They can never get rid of any noticeable quantity of bugs.  Just a fact.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2