Protests, looting erupt in Minneapolis over racially charged killing by police

webfact

22 minutes ago, Heppinger said:

That's a bit rough don't you think?  Besides i'm sure all the Corona fear mongers will have them marked for death for not following social distancing laws.

It's the beginning of anarchy and can't be allowed to spread

Where are the roof Koreans when you need them!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I do not condone burning and looting in any way, shape, or form.

But I do understand it. Lifetime of micro (and macro) aggressions build up. Think of the rants some go on about here regarding Thais treatment of them for being farangs, and those are nothing compared to what US blacks/minorities deal with every day.

I was a white teacher in a mostly black high school. I would hear plenty of stories regarding bad treatment based on race from police, businesses, people walking down the street.

Reach a point where you decide "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!" (to quote "Network")

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Heppinger said:

That's a bit rough don't you think?  Besides i'm sure all the Corona fear mongers will have them marked for death for not following social distancing laws.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

You would fit right in with the militarized US police.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, sirineou said:

Nothing says justice like a 60 inch HD TV.

yes i agree protests my ass Pillaged shops ..theft and damage to property just an excuse a bloke dies and his Brothers  get rich  pathetic

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

Careful, the NRA and the rightwing gun lobby have been peddling the idea of being armed against the Government.

They perhaps didn’t have Black citizens fighting the Government in mind, but then they never excluded the possibility either.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

So what? I consider them minor drug offenses. Minor theft. I am personally guilty of all of those charges, though I have never been caught, other than a minor pot possession charge when I was a juvenile, and a charge for stealing a car, when I was 15. I was a major thief until I was 15. I stole alot of stuff. It was a hobby for me. Cars, motorcycles, and merchandise from dozens of stores. I grew up around real crooks. Kids who did far worse stuff. Does that make me a terrible person? Does that justify being murdered by a cop years later? I was dumb kid. I was lucky I was young, and those charges were expunged from my record. What can I say? I grew up in a rough neighborhood. I was easily influenced by my friends. I am now reformed. More or less.

He did not commit any violent offenses. Are you justifying the murder, based on his record? If a cop looked at his record, I could see why they would proceed with caution. But, the whole point of this anger and public protest, is that even after he was subdued, the police violence continued. None of this was justified on any level. It is astonishing to me, the high percentage of white men in this world, who cannot admit to the failings of white men. Are we all angels? Do we have a special dispensation of some sort? What on earth are you saying with the above post?

When the cops get the call through about a crime from the station, do they get advised about any priors ? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Now I get it, the cops are perfect and they don't need to follow any basic human rights tenants.

I'm glad you finally get it and are able to articulate and pair your simplistic conclusion  with your simplistic outlook on life as GOOD v's EVIL.

Edited by Heppinger

And sadly enough, any reciprocal action will only be taken to assuage the public and to rationalize the massive costs to the insurance companies. All because some THUG who's gun replaces his nonexistent manhood and erroneously calls himself a public servant ... is a total As*Hole and a waste of oxygen to boot. Prosecute his murderous a*s, ASAP! He was already imobilised w/handcuffs !!!

Edited by Dap
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

They are still investigating, but I bet all the cops at the scene will eventually be prosecuted.  A conviction? Will wait and see.  It is Rodney King type riots all over again very very sad.

Don't make the black kids angry.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Heppinger said:

I'm glad you finally get it and are able to articulate and pair your simplistic conclusion  with your simplistic outlook on life as GOOD v's EVIL.

Thanks, your compassion and desire to do good is clearly unlimited....