Protests, looting erupt in Minneapolis over racially charged killing by police

webfact

3 hours ago, Heppinger said:

What was he being arrested for? Priors?

Sorry if this has already been stated, I have not got to read every post in this thread but I think he passed a bad $20 bill...and they think that he might not have even been aware that he did it. (this is speculation obviously and I have nothing concrete to back it up)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Almost everyone was on their side, black and white, left and right, and then they go mess up the goodwill by looting and burning.

I think I heard the same thing many times in history. Don't get me wrong I do not favor violence as a first reaction. It is just that I understand if there is no fairness, no justice that people can see to believe in then ... the result will be violence the world over ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Heppinger said:

as with all the other deaths while being arrested in America the marxist MSM only give you the 20 seconds of "damning evidence" that this was a racist white cop killing an unarmed, peace loving, hard working, pillar of society black family man on his way to volunteer at the soup kitchen.  What they don't show you is the lead up to the incident and the decisions and actions of the man getting arrested that ultimately contribute to him being killed.  The common theme?  The criminals inability to follow simple and clear instructions by the arresting officer.

There's a nine minute version available out there on the internet and 90% of that is made up of the cop kneeling on the victims neck. It also shows him being removed from his car by two policemen, with no attempt to resist, but one of the policemen seems determined to try to escalate things with the aggressive way he's handling the victim. One of the two policemen is the Asian looking guy, I'll give you three guesses who the one acting aggressively is.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Canuck1966 said:

The worst part is that he knew he was being filmed and still thought his actions were appropriate. 

Nobody is a threat once they have been cuffed and tbf he complied all the way 

Spoke with manners to the police and still got that treatment

That cop never let him get a breath, the piece of shìt

As you say the other 3 cops did nothing so they are complicit too.

Throw the key away for all four, not sure they will last long in prison anyway!

In the long version video that I watched, the Asian-looking cop is facing away from the victim and the cop kneeling on him, trying to keep the onlookers back. I'm not at all sure he knew exactly what was going on behind and as such I would cut him some slack. The cop kneeling on the victim deserves all he gets.

6 hours ago, yogi100 said:

I saw the video. Absolutely unbelievable and in broad daylight in full view of the public.

The victim had his hands cuffed behind his back and and the cop, with one hand casually in his pocket knelt on his head for several minutes till he had to all intents and purposes died. Surely it's cold blooded murder.

And they wonder why people riot. Understandably there were white people in the crowds as well as black.

If this is par for the course in the US then it's little wonder the Black Lives Matter outfit came into being!

The first time I watched this video I too was outraged at what appeared to be the cop having one hand in his pocket. I was watching a longer version than the one shown on here, and on looking at it a second time, I don't think he actually does have his hand in his pocket. He's wearing black gloves and I think his hand is actually resting on his own leg with his black glove blending in with his black pants.

Before anybody leaps for their keyboard and accuses me, I'm not trying to lessen the severity of what went on and in fact, it could be argued that by having his hand on his leg he was using it to apply even more pressure. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nahkit said:

There's a nine minute version available out there on the internet and 90% of that is made up of the cop kneeling on the victims neck. It also shows him being removed from his car by two policemen, with no attempt to resist, but one of the policemen seems determined to try to escalate things with the aggressive way he's handling the victim. One of the two policemen is the Asian looking guy, I'll give you three guesses who the one acting aggressively is.  

When being led away the guy is clearly resisting.  Understand the word "resisting" he is cuffed and being led toward a car that he clearly doesn't want to be placed in, he hinders the process by trying to stop and deviate off course.  Does this mean he deserved to die? Of course not.  But call it as it is, he didn't follow instructions resulting in him being put on the ground, which led to his death.  Why are some black people, while being arrested, able to act like children and still be defended by virtue signalling marxists?  i bet you would have no sympathy had this been a white guy, not that you would have even heard about it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

57 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

They are still investigating, but I bet all the cops at the scene will eventually be prosecuted.  A conviction? Will wait and see.  It is Rodney King type riots all over again very very sad.

And unfortunately, their ultimate acquittal is sure to spark yet another series of riots ... with any luck at all!!

Edited by Dap

2 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

Definitely the use of excessive force.  The officer was either improperly trained or ignorant of his actions in applying the pressure to the neck.  The citizens have a right to be angry.

Don't make the black kids angry.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Agree 100%.  Why loot, riot and burn your own city and then also loot from the people who you generally do business with.  I get the anger aspect, but there is a proper way to get the attention and ensure it is handled appropriately.  Destroying your own places makes you just as bad as the people you are <deleted> at, amd makes it look like your a child who wants attention by throwing your toys and stuff out of the pram.  Rise above them as Martin Luther King said, march and protest, but to just go on an all out rampage is plain old stupid.  Yes it is America, and they do what they do.  Anywhere else in the world like Hong Kong, China, and even here, Military and government retaliation and justice can be swift and unmerciful....

Good points.

Second line:  "I get the anger aspect, but there is a proper way to get the attention and ensure it is handled appropriately."

Seems to me the 'proper way' hasn't produced any progress or respect for the coloured folks, so they turns to riots.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, yogi100 said:

I saw the video. Absolutely unbelievable and in broad daylight in full view of the public.

The victim had his hands cuffed behind his back and and the cop, with one hand casually in his pocket knelt on his head for several minutes till he had to all intents and purposes died. Surely it's cold blooded murder.

And they wonder why people riot. Understandably there were white people in the crowds as well as black.

If this is par for the course in the US then it's little wonder the Black Lives Matter outfit came into being!

Not only that what you telling but worser, it takes a few days before they make the choice to arrest this policeman, how the hell you need a copple of days to make this decision.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Not only that what you telling but worser, it takes a few days before they make the choice to arrest this policeman, how the hell you need a copple of days to make this decision.

Common sense, you investigate the incident first,  as throwing a veteran officer who has risked and dedicated 18 years of his life to public duty over a POS drug addict who hasn't worked or contributed to society one bit,  you may have officers leaving the force in droves, leaving protection of the people and property up to.......... you?  What do you think is the only thing stopping these rioting degenerates from making their way out to the suburbs, where i'm guessing you would live?  Do you think they will give your white a$$ a free pass if you show them your comments of support?

Edited by Heppinger
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Heppinger said:

Common sense, you investigate the incident first,  as throwing a veteran officer who has risked and dedicated 18 years of his life to public duty over a POS drug addict who hasn't worked or contributed to society one bit,

Would you arrest a suspect when there is a good deal of evidence?

Veteran officer - well he has been around a while.  But his record...?

POS drug addict?  He was?  Please provide evidence of this.

PH

• Like 2

Posts containing unattributed content and the replies have been removed.  

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

16 minutes ago, Heppinger said:

1950's (No Rights) African American-  Civil, Hard Working, well dressed, proud and family orientated.

2020 (Pandered, Benefits, Affirmative Action, Black Leadership) African American-  Lazy, Aggressive, Gang Culture, Abusive, victim mentality.

It seems to me your confused as to the meaning of progress.

Wow.......just, wow!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Heppinger said:

Common sense, you investigate the incident first,  as throwing a veteran officer who has risked and dedicated 18 years of his life to public duty over a POS drug addict who hasn't worked or contributed to society one bit,  you may have officers leaving the force in droves, leaving protection of the people and property up to.......... you?  What do you think is the only thing stopping these rioting degenerates from making their way out to the suburbs, where i'm guessing you would live?  Do you think they will give your white a$$ a free pass if you show them your comments of support?

Put the <deleted> cop on trial for murder.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Heppinger said:

You can always tell the people who have never lived around and have had zero to do with lower socio economic African Americans.

There’ll be rap artists and Oprah Winfrey on tv soon endorsing their behavior.

The cop that choked him with his knee most definitely will face trial and rightly so but now the mob halt much of the outrage Americans have with their criminal actions.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Phulublub said:

You can?  Please tell me my ethnic background, and the places I have lived and worked.

Unlike you, I do not judge people by their looks, but by their actions.  There are good and bad in all grouping, from all walks of life, from all parts of the World.

PH

You do not judge people by their looks?  Your full of it, it's in our DNA to stereotype based on experience and history,  the ones that don't get raped and killed while trekking in Northern Pakistan, or bashed and robbed while buying drugs in a Black neighborhood, Ripped off when giving info to an Indian tech over the phone, burnt alive while helping children in an African village.  Yes there are good and bad in all, though some places and people are worse than others which is why you don't go there.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2