Is 500 baht fine enough? Patient dies after irresponsible motorists fail to pull over for ambulance

webfact

7 hours ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

I didn't see the video.

But on local roads it's very hard to let ambulance go first. Roads are narrow, full of traffic, cars parked on curbs, motorcycles everywhere... . Sometimes I have ambulance behind me with sirens on and I can't let it go/blocking it, because I have simply nowhere to go... .

You stop, flash your lights, and let the ambulance overtake .

7 minutes ago, geisha said:

You stop, flash your lights, and let the ambulance overtake .

Yeah, try that on a grid locked motorway in Bangers. I certainly try if in that situation but sometimes it's physically impossible unless several drivers co-operate to create space. Still no excuse if there is room to move and you don't.

• Like 1

Failing to yield to an emergency vehicle.....is this a law in Thailand?

As I have said before. White minivans, with blue and red lights, that might not all be working, worse than useless sirens....

if ambulances were large like in UK or America, painted high visibility colours, had a decent siren fitted, wigwag headlights, it's still possible people would not hear them or see them, but a lot less likely than now.

As has been said here too, the constant use of roof lights for no apparently good reason sows complacency. That having been said, see or hear an emergency vehicle, yield. We don't know the reason for the lights and siren.

I have known ambulances in UK transporting critical patients travelling lights only under certain circumstances. That may well happen here. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

One of the drivers claimed they didn't hear the ambulance.

OK then Somchai, have you managed to find these in and around your vehicle yet........................

image.jpeg.1a47c5b8fa0ef5a685f7ff5ace83c01d.jpegToyota Hi Ace Van / Minibus KDH (Manual Type) Door Mirror (NEW ... they are not there to help you pick your nose.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

OK then Somchai, have you managed to find these in and around your vehicle yet........................

image.jpeg.1a47c5b8fa0ef5a685f7ff5ace83c01d.jpegToyota Hi Ace Van / Minibus KDH (Manual Type) Door Mirror (NEW ... they are not there to help you pick your nose.

Pimple popping seems to be a favourite past time...

• Haha 1