Video: The Buddhist amulet in my wallet saved me, that's clear as day says immigration officer

webfact

7 minutes ago, Heppinger said:

I think you will find that you adhere to the teachings of pseudo scientists that you feel are important and ignoring others.  The world would be a far better place without climate change.

Nah religion has killed far more people over the years then climate change ever has. (that might change in the future)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

Pictures from outer space seem quite convincing too.

Yes the pictures do show a nice spherical marble, yet Neil Degrassi Tyson believes the earth to be more pear shaped.  Is he not one of those intelligent people you speak of?

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Funny mate, i guess your a religious guy.

But there is such a thing as verified by other scientists. No faith needed confirmed by so many people. I have read through much of the experiments. 

Funny yes, yet i don't you refuting the fact.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Nah religion has killed far more people over the years then climate change ever has. (that might change in the future)

I think you will find religion has very little to do with conflict.  Territory, resources and control would be more valid reasons.

1 minute ago, Heppinger said:

Funny yes, yet i don't you refuting the fact.

No need to refute stupidity. I will go for the saying one fool can ask more questions then 1000 wise men can answer. Your the fool in this analogy.  There is a reason why you cant argue with religious nuts. You prove that point exactly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

But there is such a thing as verified by other scientists. 

I think you will find many priests, imams and monks who will also verify their beliefs.   It's easy to verify a theory.

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

No need to refute stupidity. I will go for the saying one fool can ask more questions then 1000 wise men can answer. Your the fool in this analogy.  There is a reason why you cant argue with religious nuts. You prove that point exactly.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser-  Socrates 

1 minute ago, Heppinger said:

I think you will find many priests, imams and monks who will also verify their beliefs.   It's easy to verify a theory.

There is a difference between religious nuts verifying their belief and scientists. Scientists deal in facts. Religious nuts in faith. Scientists are open to change.. religion hardly changes. 

But I give up.. can't change religious people anyway they don't like facts. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

How many Christians wear a St Christopher chain for the self same reason?

How many send prayers of thanks to saints for 'miracle' cures?

How many thousands make the pilgrimage to Lourdes every year seeking cures?

Are they all in the 14th century too?

Yep.

Rooster

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:
1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Yep.

Rooster

You must be thinking of the 14:10 from London to Lourdes via the Channel Tunnel.

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Yes. Of course they are.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Traubert said:

I watched a methodist minister telling the COVID19 virus to 'begone' a couple of weeks age, to a packed house, all murmuring 'amen.'

I wonder how that is going?

I listened to a medical expert discuss the possibilities of restricting the spread of COVID-19 by managing the manner in which we fart. As farts may carry the virus.  Silent but deadly.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Heppinger said:

When will the moshiach come?

No such thing. (fact). Speculation - My mother's name was Mary and throughout her life she told me that I was born by immaculate conception (she genuinely believed this and offered evidence). Therefore, if you truly believe, I'm already here although I'm still practicing the walking on water trick. I'm taking lessons from David Blane who does it better than Jesus.

I presume you are Jewish as you use the old Jewish name for "Messiah". In this case you are told that he (or she) will arrive before the Hebrew year 6000. 2020 to us. I guess he's running a bit late.

Moslems believe that he will be born from a man who is no older than 28. Its still practice in some backward sects for the son to wear pantaloons and defacate in them. When he returns home his mother ferrets through his <deleted>ty pants looking for the messiah. I believe that they're still digging through the dirt.

I hope this answers your question.

Edited by Phil McCaverty

9 minutes ago, katatonic said:

Where on earth did you get the idea that Stephen Hawking's ideas were regurgitated ramblings? One of the most respected and intelligent scientists to have lived: 'wheel chair bound computer voiced dribbler' is deeply insulting too.

Is he insulted or are you insulted?  

2 hours ago, webfact said:

the only reason he survived a smash with a lamppost unscathed was because of a Buddhist medal upon his driving licence in his wallet.

ok, all clear now,  then we will eliminate the brake failure, alchool and bad driving options

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, katatonic said:

Where on earth did you get the idea that Stephen Hawking's ideas were regurgitated ramblings? One of the most respected and intelligent scientists to have lived: 'wheel chair bound computer voiced dribbler' is deeply insulting too.

1 hour ago, katatonic said:

Stephen Hawking was undoubtedly a very clever man but I wonder just how much his fame was owed to his very unfortunate disability.

There are equally brilliant physicists and mathematicians out there who do not get the same acclamation.  Roger Penrose comes to mind.  Hawking's equal in many ways but how many people outside of the scientific community have even heard of him!

3 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Talking of black holes, didn't he disappear up one?

To answer that might I fear have the OP drifting off course abit .. But you can buy Dalek charms which while not a full on amulet may provide a degree of protection if you see any out and about .. 

IMG_20200529_074505.jpg

• Haha 1