Video: The Buddhist amulet in my wallet saved me, that's clear as day says immigration officer

webfact

17 minutes ago, doctormann said:

Stephen Hawking was undoubtedly a very clever man but I wonder just how much his fame was owed to his very unfortunate disability.

There are equally brilliant physicists and mathematicians out there who do not get the same acclamation.  Roger Penrose comes to mind.  Hawking's equal in many ways but how many people outside of the scientific community have even heard of him!

Well I for one, a very great scientist.

15 minutes ago, cheshiremusicman said:

I totally agree with you!. Stephen Hawkings was a very great scientist and certainly not 'The ramblings of a wheel chair bound computer voiced dribbler' which I take as a very insulting thing to say about a very great man who sadly is no longer with us. 

Your insulted? yet never met the man. Strange.

1 hour ago, Heppinger said:

Is he insulted or are you insulted?  

Quite hard for a dead person to be insulted unless you believe that he is floating on some cloud looking down or burning down in hell (or whatever other afterlives are promoted)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, robblok said:

Quite hard for a dead person to be insulted unless you believe that he is floating on some cloud looking down or burning down in hell (or whatever other afterlives are promoted)

Who knows where he is.  I would imagine that thinking he is floating on a cloud is as absurd as believing he was actually capable of talking and not fully brain dead.

In the picture the cab of the pick-up looks undamaged, (maybe there are pictures I've not seen) or maybe he was actually wearing the seat belt and the air-bags worked. Not that I wish to downgrade the amulet story.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

To answer that might I fear have the OP drifting off course abit .. But you can buy Dalek charms which while not a full on amulet may provide a degree of protection if you see any out and about .. 

IMG_20200529_074505.jpg

Ah swinging daleks around your neck. Didn't they have a hit with The Hippy Hippy Shake?

I agree with Chassa, It was neither Buddha or amulet it was Nils Bohlin & Allen Breed followed by Yasuzaburou Kobori all engineers, do some research fellas. Also following the scientist arguments it is well worth reading Nikola Teslas' quote about scientists.

Edited by cygan

7 hours ago, robblok said:

No you totally missed the initial point. Not everyone has the lucky amulets, some rely on the spirit of Stephen King, writers especially. They fear Misery.
The poor guy is more busy now than he was alive.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

On 5/29/2020 at 10:35 AM, ChaiyaTH said:

I survived my motorbike accident, it was clearly the pack of cigarets in my front pocket that saved me.

I survived my motorbike accident too, it was clearly the baby mounted in front that saved me. 

• Haha 1

On 5/29/2020 at 10:41 AM, ThreeEyedRaven said:

And these are the people we have to speak to logically and rationally to be allowed to stay here! Truly laughable.

Just show him some dumb Amulet in your  wallet, I'm sure that will win the day.

Incredible really 2020 and we  still have mumbo jumbo like this, the same Mumbo Jumbo available with any religion, Red  Bull and fairies don't give you wings, science and understanding does.

I  know lets  remove the airbags, crumple zones and seatbelts off all Police  cars, not that they wear the seat belts anyway.

On 5/29/2020 at 10:30 AM, webfact said:

He lost control as he took evasive

Over  reaction? 65+ a  day dead from this  stupidity, 57 TOTAL in 3  months for Covid  19, hell get that mask  on now,  unlike  plod  in the photo where it's  supporting  his  chin

On 5/29/2020 at 11:12 AM, Heppinger said:

If only you could prove it wasn't flat without using someone else's data,  then i would join you in wonder regarding species and intelligence. 

Ok  Ill shove you in a dinghy holding a pole and off you  go out to sea, Ill watch as you slowly  disappear , I  could  book  you on the SpaceX Crew capsule but  you,ll have to fund it  yourself.

On 5/29/2020 at 9:49 PM, Sujo said:

Next time i am at imm i will put a budha amulet in my passport instead of a visa. Job done.

Why not?

It never ceases to amaze me that Caucasians coming to Thailand reject the religion,the society and the culture outright whilst,of course,demanding that their superior Western views be acknowledged and catered for.

Which is quite odd given that most of them emerge from dull,joyless and soulless cities in the West..

In my 10 years in Thailand and 30 years in Oceania,Asia and India I never met a superior "Westerner" (definitely not in Thailand)..different sure..but intellectually,culturally and socially superior?'frayed knot.

That's this IO's view of the matter and,I am sure,that he is sticking with it.

Addit..I have a whole drawer full of amulets given to me on the last day in Thailand by the people in my village..I wear some from time to time and remember the good times..

DSCN6397.JPG

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Sad 1